HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2017, 09:20 PM   #9706
Master Member

just dropped by JK aircon today and the guy kept pushing daikin smile to me. he quoted me MKS80QVMG, 22k + 9k + 9k system 3 for $3800. he said got additional 15 mth warranty from daikin and also a $100 voucher for servicing. now i dunno whether shd go for daikin or mitsubishi or toshiba. how!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #9707

who is the installer?
PM me if you're interested with my installer, who is the boss of a small locally registered aircon company. I think he did a decent job.

Daikin contacted me finally to offer apology for the inconveniences caused and a small extension of warranty, but refused to replace the faulty brand new compressor. They want to do some on-site welding on the compressor parts in the next attempt to fix the issue, which means i have to plan another leave again and clean up the mess after they are done, regardless of the result. No other choice on my end if i want this resolved asap. My disappointment with Daikin just continue to slide...
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #9708
High Supremacy Member

PM me if you're interested with my installer, who is the boss of a small locally registered aircon company. I think he did a decent job.

Daikin contacted me finally to offer apology for the inconveniences caused and a small extension of warranty, but refused to replace the faulty brand new compressor. They want to do some on-site welding on the compressor parts in the next attempt to fix the issue, which means i have to plan another leave again and clean up the mess after they are done, regardless of the result. No other choice on my end if i want this resolved asap. My disappointment with Daikin just continue to slide...
Oh man... Initially I was deciding between starmex 2 ticks or daikin 3 ticks system 3. Daikin seem better to have a 15 month extended warranty. But I decided to go to starmex 2 ticks instead due to the overwhelming support for starmex.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #9709

To my knowledge, most brands will just replace the faulty parts during the warranty period.
To replace the whole unit will be on a case by case basis.

~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by terumo; 02-06-2017 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 02-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #9710

hmm.. Seems like a lot of comparison between Daikin & Mitsubishi.

Thinking to go either of these System 3 model. Any review for the Panasonic model?

Panasonic :
CU-3XS27RKZ / CSXS9RKZW x 3 (3 ticks)

Mitsubishi :
MXY3A28/MSYGE10 x 3(2 ticks)

Both Enquicern Cool & Cold Engine are quoting comparable pricing for both models. Anyone with experience with either company ?

Thanks!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #9711

To my knowledge, most brands will just replace the faulty parts during the warranty period.
To replace the whole unit will be on a case by case basis.
Yes, replacing parts when it broke down during warranty is totally fine. But my case was Daikin sold me a brand new defect unit but refused to replace it. The only option I have was to sacrifice a few annual leaves to allow them to come multiple times to my place to troubleshoot and try to fix the issue by welding and replacing the part, not to mention the cleaning up i had to do after each day.
And so, after paying the brand new price for a 5-ticks Daikin 2 weeks ago, i can only settle for a refurbished unit now + 3 days leaves gone!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:30 AM   #9712

Anyone use Creation Aircon Corner before? Their price seems very competitive. I googled the name and got some bad reviews way back in 2009-2010. No fresh comments though.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #9713
Master Member

Mitsubishi 2 tick vs 5 tick anyone? Any input appreciated
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:26 PM   #9714

Where can I get a wattage meter monitor for air-con similar to the one provided in the link below?

https://www.amazon.com/CHICHO-Energy...uk+power+meter
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:06 AM   #9715

mitsubishi 5 tick QC issues is it a coincidence? could it be the installers didn't bend the pipe with the bender tool hence the noise coming from compressor, also didn't evacuate the system.

5 tick looks good on paper cause i need on 24/7 for 1 room, master room 3 to 8 hours daily.

daikin smile series using york parts? during partial load does the outdoor unit fan slow down like mitsubishi 2 tick
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:05 PM   #9716

minevresale flat. Carrier aircon installed by previous owner. Sb nearly 20yrs . System 2.
Need to replace. Light user. Any recommendation for system 2.
As the previous aircon installed so Long ago... anything I need to take of ? .. for pipes etc.
Thks... really need help on this.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #9717

minevresale flat. Carrier aircon installed by previous owner. Sb nearly 20yrs . System 2.
Need to replace. Light user. Any recommendation for system 2.
As the previous aircon installed so Long ago... anything I need to take of ? .. for pipes etc.
Thks... really need help on this.
Aircon will be for two bedrooms . 3NG flat
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #9718
Master Member

Hi, staying at a 3rm HDB top corner unit, my room is extra hotter by 2-3 degrees compared to other rooms.

I need a system 1 to be installed in my room. Looking at Panasonic and Mitsubishi models. Panasonic one is about $600 while Mitsubishi is about $1000.

Any good recommendations?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #9719

Anyone managed to get good cleaners or service folks to clean their ac to remove the sour smell? I service mine regularly yet smell is still present. Ac is less than 2 yrs old starmex.

Dun cook - max 2-3x a mth. Bedroom ac switched on every night. Living room every 2-3 days on a few hrs when watching tv. Service every 3mths. Even did chemical cleaning for the last 2 rounds.

One of the service man said the smell sucked up from the drainage outlet pipe at the toilet / shower. I've also flushed that with anti mold drain cleaner every 2 wks.

Smell is adhoc not all the time so quite hard to replicate.

Anyone managed to solve?

Thanks
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:18 PM   #9720
Master Member

Which is the most trusted and best after sales service for aircon installation nowadays? Thanks
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.