HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #9841

Both are good...

Hi terumo

Mitsubishi or Daikin Aircon, which is better? Thinking of getting a system 3 and 5 ticks one, for energy and money saving for my 4 room resale.

Thank in advance!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #9842

You can check with your installer if there is another way to lay the piping without hacking the cabinet.

Hi there, I would like to change my 4 aircon unit. Called a guy down to check on my current aircon unit and he said the cost of repair isnt worth it. I'm ready to change the 4 aircon units but he said since the piping runs through my cabinet, they would need to hack it. This is a major problem as he would need to hack 3 cabinets and it would be totally destroyed and the cost of replacing it with 3 new room cabinet isn't cheap either. My question is, is there a way for them to install the new aircon units without hacking away my cabinet? Thank you
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #9843
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi there, I would like to change my 4 aircon unit. Called a guy down to check on my current aircon unit and he said the cost of repair isnt worth it. I'm ready to change the 4 aircon units but he said since the piping runs through my cabinet, they would need to hack it. This is a major problem as he would need to hack 3 cabinets and it would be totally destroyed and the cost of replacing it with 3 new room cabinet isn't cheap either. My question is, is there a way for them to install the new aircon units without hacking away my cabinet? Thank you
Look for your original Contractor/Carpenter

My parents setting up new aircon also (Part of trunking is concealed in 2 cabinets in 2 different locations) and they checked with the original carpenter if the cabinets can be removed and fitted back

Was quoted $800, $400 to dismantle and $400 to assemble back across 2 separated trips

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #9844
Master Member

if your piping is not old at all, maybe can consider just using back the same piping?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #9845

Hi, recently I asked a service guy to clean my 10 years air-con and find that my condenser generator shared to my 2 common room no longer work, when turn on the air con, the wind is very strong but not cold.
another 1 generator to my master bed room still work fine, and cold.

So the service guy quoted me a reconditioned condenser for replacement $650.

Do you think it is worth to replace it or purchase a new system 3?

Consideration, current me and my wife stay in the house only, the 2 common no body stay, may be long long 1 time got guest come to stay overnight and use the room. so it is worth to replace a new Mitsubishi 3 system which cost around $3.4k.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #9846

Both are good...
Haha. Then 2 ticks or 5 ticks is better?

I keep hearing different people, sales person, says different thing. Theres even people saying people say why sales person promoting 2 ticks is because they trying to clear stock because 2 ticks is becoming obsolete.

Then theres another camp of people says go for 2 ticks because 5 ticks causes alot of problem.

wtf please help
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:50 AM   #9847

How much saving for inverter?

I am currently using a system 4.
4 units turning on 8-9hrs per day.

If change to a system 3 and a system 1 inverter.
How much would I save for 2 ticks?

Is there significant saving for 2 and 5 ticks?
Thank you
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #9848
Arch-Supremacy Member

If running system 3 with 3x 9k BTU, does using a Daikin MKS65QVMG or or MKS80QVMG make any difference?

~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:09 PM   #9849

Hi guys, I have Samsung Tri (New version) air-con and require general servicing. (4 unit system)

Can anyone please recommend?

Because of the aircon design, many said they can't do as they are not train to dismantlement Samsung new series aircon.

I have contacted Samsung and they actually diverted me to their official Samsung servicing. Very ex, one unit cost about $90.
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Cats are AWESOME!

Last edited by xxMoMo; 06-07-2017 at 07:11 PM..
Old 07-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #9850

MKS65QVMG has max BTU of 34k, its sufficient.
No need for MKS80 unless you are intending to add a 18k or 22k in the future.

If running system 3 with 3x 9k BTU, does using a Daikin MKS65QVMG or or MKS80QVMG make any difference?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #9851

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Inverter) 3 Ticks

Model : SCM80ZJ-S + SRK35MA-S 12K BTU x 3

Supply and install
Gauge 22 copper pipe
1/2" thickness Armaflex Class '0' insulation
Keystone local wire
16mm drainage pipe
2 trips installation

$2660
Hi, may I know which company you got this set from? Thanks!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #9852
Arch-Supremacy Member

MKS65QVMG has max BTU of 34k, its sufficient.
No need for MKS80 unless you are intending to add a 18k or 22k in the future.
Thanks for the info!

terumo and ~Dragonite~ like this.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #9853

Hi,

I am looking to buy a system 2 aircon for my new HDB flat.

This time, plan to buy a Mitisbushi Electric.

Saw this model on Courts/Gain City:

Outdoor - MXY3A28VA
Indoor - MSYGE10VA x 2
Price : ~$2,600 (inc. installation)

Would the outdoor unit be a overkill? Should I settle for a lower power outdoor unit MXY2E20VA (package cheaper by $200)?

Is this price reasonable?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #9854

Mitsubishi or Toshiba aircon?

Anyone using Mitsubishi or Toshiba aircon? Which one is better and less complaint? which one spare part is more cheaper?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #9855

Hi,

I am looking to buy a system 2 aircon for my new HDB flat.

This time, plan to buy a Mitisbushi Electric.

Saw this model on Courts/Gain City:

Outdoor - MXY3A28VA
Indoor - MSYGE10VA x 2
Price : ~$2,600 (inc. installation)

Would the outdoor unit be a overkill? Should I settle for a lower power outdoor unit MXY2E20VA (package cheaper by $200)?

Is this price reasonable?
suggest to avoid giant retailers without real expertise on aircons. they will usually push u away and refer back to their contractors if **** happens. i guess gain city is alright since they started as aircon guys.

if you are unfamiliar, i suggest u look for installers who really know their stuffs. once bitten twice shy. i rather pay a little more for reliable services.

or you can try my usual guys from newway. bought a system 3 from them previously and they have been servicing my aircons since.

tried and tested. happy with their workmanship and service.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.