HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2009, 01:27 AM   #1036

To dismantle the fam rotor, you need to remove the pcb and the fan motor cover. For your method of dismantling, you can take out the fan rotor for Sharp older models...
Old 31-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #1037
Supremacy Member

To dismantle the fam rotor, you need to remove the pcb and the fan motor cover. For your method of dismantling, you can take out the fan rotor for Sharp older models...
i already strip everything. so tats y i ask is it difficult to take out. i try to spray some wd-40 at the shaft area. but after awhile later, stil cannot take out.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 31-10-2009 at 07:54 AM..
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #1038

U mean u take out the fan rotor plus motor already? i mean you remove them from the fan coil?

Then you shld have used a plastic bag to cover the motor and spray water on the rotor... juz my views...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #1039
Supremacy Member

U mean u take out the fan rotor plus motor already? i mean you remove them from the fan coil?

Then you shld have used a plastic bag to cover the motor and spray water on the rotor... juz my views...
no no..fan motor nv take out. cos really cannot pull out. seems like the shaft stuck to the fan rotor. in the end fan motor n rotor cannot take out.

so i jus use wet cloth n slowly clean lor..
Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #1040

Need your advice urgently.
Natural Cool has replaced to Daikin MA56EV16 and FT50FVM (non-inverter) from previous inverter series in my living/dining area and the results have been disappointing.
Though i set it at the min 18 degree but it wasn't cold. Natural Cool salesman Tommy claimed that it's not their problem if air was not cold, i have to contact Daikin directly.
Daikin servicemen came 3 times - 1st group said it's like that (not super cold) because it's non inverter and top up the gas. 2nd group came and changed the "?board" but no cold air after 1 week and same group came for 3rd time - said that the gas may have leak so top up gas again and the valve cover. Now it's blowing cold air but it's not super cold even though it is set at 18 degrees. The coldness is like 25 degrees.
Have anyone has this problem? Why is aircon behaving this way?
Who is responsible for this? Natural Cool or Daikin?
I am trying to resolve this before my warranty expires in Dec.
Paid $1.9k and super disappointed with the product.
Wanted to buy Panasonic but Natural Cool claimed the piping size is different so must stick back to Daikin.

Last edited by Yuen08; 02-11-2009 at 10:33 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #1041
Supremacy Member

Natural Cool has replaced to Daikin MA56EV16 and FT50FVM (non-inverter) from previous inverter series in my living/dining area and the results have been disappointing.
Though i set it at the min 18 degree but it wasn't cold. Natural Cool salesman Tommy claimed that it's not their problem if air was not cold, i have to contact Daikin directly.
Daikin servicemen came 3 times - 1st group said it's like that (not super cold) because it's non inverter and top up the gas. 2nd group came and changed the "?board" but no cold air after 1 week and same group came for 3rd time - said that the gas may have leak so top up gas again and the valve cover. Now it's blowing cold air but it's not super cold even though it is set at 18 degrees. The coldness is like 25 degrees.
Wanted to buy Panasonic but Natural Cool claimed the piping size is different so must stick back to Daikin.
u mean the air coming out directly from the fcu is not cold? or the whole living room not cold?
Old 03-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #1042
Arch-Supremacy Member

How big is your living room? What is the cooling capacity - btu?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 AM   #1043

For aircon info, please refer to daikin website at : daikin.com.sg/products.asp?series=r1

It's 2 aircon units with one compressor - one located in the living while other is in the dining room. Daikin said if i turn on 2 aircon at the same time, it's not cold. So i only turn on 1 at a time. But its still not super cold at 18 degrees with max fan mode.

My apt is 1300sf with 3 bedrooms so the living and dining combined are not very big.

Maybe i am just unlucky that the product has defect (?). Or it's installation problem (?).
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #1044
Supremacy Member

MA56EV1 compressor is 20,267BTU. FT50FVM is 18,000BTU. so if on 2 will sort of not cold. but than it will cool the room faster in tat sense. as u can get the max BTU of the compressor.

to wat i tink, by rite your living room shld be able to cool down.

the cause of it shld be installation. i tink u need to check whether did the installer use bender to help the bending of copper pipe(gas). as i scare is the bend area not cylindrical(round).
Old 03-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #1045

I thought so too but Natural Cool doesn't want to acknowlege that. Daikin has to instruct them?
I tried to turn on 1 unit at a time but the unit in dining room seems to be slightly cooler than one in the living room. I thought it should be the same effect if i turn on one of them.
I turn on 1 unit for 30mins to 1 hour, the room just feel so so... doesn't feel like you enter into an aircon room, just cool temp like after raining.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #1046
Supremacy Member

I thought so too but Natural Cool doesn't want to acknowlege that. Daikin has to instruct them?
I tried to turn on 1 unit at a time but the unit in dining room seems to be slightly cooler than one in the living room. I thought it should be the same effect if i turn on one of them.
I turn on 1 unit for 30mins to 1 hour, the room just feel so so... doesn't feel like you enter into an aircon room, just cool temp like after raining.
mayb u can check at the condenser side.

is the copper pipe connected to the top 2 or bottom 2? wat i mean is MA56EV1 can connect to 4 unit. so there r 4 liquid n 4 gas. mayb u can take a pic would be better.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #1047

Problem with Daikin aircon

Can't take pics as i am currently out of town.
Already called Daikin - they will send an engineer together with the serviceman to have a look at the aircon next week.
I cannot accept excuses like "it's non inverter so it's not as cold" or "it's lower horsepower so not so cold".... i understand some countries don't like inverter and they stick to conventional aircon units and they all work very well.
Daikin serviceman keeps telling me inverter is colder and better etc... is it true?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #1048
Supremacy Member

Can't take pics as i am currently out of town.
Already called Daikin - they will send an engineer together with the serviceman to have a look at the aircon next week.
I cannot accept excuses like "it's non inverter so it's not as cold" or "it's lower horsepower so not so cold".... i understand some countries don't like inverter and they stick to conventional aircon units and they all work very well.
Daikin serviceman keeps telling me inverter is colder and better etc... is it true?
not really true also. mayb i knw y they said inverter is colder, becos it runs higher BTU ma. but than non-inverter also can run colder too. as long as the BTU required by the fcu is sufficient, no problem one.

but u can tell them inverter more exp. when components spoil, repair fee exp also. unless u wan to ask them to charge cheaper or non-inverter price lor.

there is another way to confirm tat the air coming out is not cold. which is to place a thermometer where the air come out. place inside the louver there. if it is around around or lower than 13 degrees, than it is alrite. but if it is higher, than there will be some problem.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #1049

Problem with Daikin aircon

Oh really?! Even i set control at 18 or 25 degrees, the thermometer will show around 13 degree?
Will inform my sis who will be there for the appt. What else to watch out?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #1050
Supremacy Member

Oh really?! Even i set control at 18 or 25 degrees, the thermometer will show around 13 degree?
Will inform my sis who will be there for the appt. What else to watch out?
watever temperature u set on the remote control, the cold air coming out will still be the same.

there will only be different when 9,000BTU(1Hp) is changed to 12,000BTU(1.5Hp), or 18,000BTU(2Hp). as more liquid/gas will be circulating around in the fcu, and an increased airflow.

the above will be for non-inverter.

but for inverter, it will be different. for startup, it will be the same as non-inverter. when it is near to temperature u set on remote control, than the compressor/big fan will go slower. thus the airflow temperature coming out from the luvour will increased, in order to maintain the temperature.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.