HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 12:38 AM   #1051

When the compressor cuts in, the fancoil will produce cold air with temp ranging from 12-15 degress depending on btu and other factors too.

If the 13 degrees that you have taken is around 10-60 mins after you on the air con, i can assure you that the equipment is in normal running condition.

Your remote lowest is 18, the fancoil produces 13, which is lower then the remote control. So you got no case against Daikin (Equipment supplier)

Unless you are saying that you set 18 and the fancoil produces 20, then maybe there's a fault with the system.

Yours is most likely a case of under sized system. Which is installing a under size system that does not have enough cooling capacity. This will result in your area being not cold enough or takes a long time to cool the area down. Your installer shloud advise you on this before installation.
You shld not "shoot" Daikin since they can show that their equipment is in normal working condition.

Your setup is Ma56 plus 2 x Ft50?
The Ft50 (16k btu) if on both @ the same time, will "in theory" become Ft25 (9kbtu). This is because the outdoor unit is Ma56 which is ard 21k btu. If you on one unit, you will get the full 16k btu, but not when you on 2 @ the same time.

You shld get invertor series, 3mkd75dvm or 4mkd100dvm plus 2 x ftkd50fvm. With this setup, your btu requirements is met.

Based on your price of $1.9k, i can confirm the installer use back the old piping which is most likely concealed. You shld be staying @ a condo.

No offence to Bro Yuen08, did the salesman inform you of the btu thing before install? Means if you on 2, also not so cold as compressor btu is limited.
If answer is yes, i tink they have covered their backside. And you got to think of maybe getting a r50gv1g (single split 16k btu outdoor unit) to couple with one of the ft50 to provide more cooling capacity. the existing Ma56 will just power 1 ft50.
If no, means the salesman never inform you anything. Then you shld be chasing them.
In both answers, Daikin is out of the picture. They are into the picture just because their equipment was installed in a "not so ideal" combination. So they can't do anything also.

Replacement of the pcb as done, maybe the first pcb didn't activate the compressor to kick in, thus causing your aircon to be totally not cold. That is done and the pcb should be fine after the replacement.

Last edited by terumo; 05-11-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 AM   #1052

no no..fan motor nv take out. cos really cannot pull out. seems like the shaft stuck to the fan rotor. in the end fan motor n rotor cannot take out.

so i jus use wet cloth n slowly clean lor..

Not its stuck, its becos the left side of the fan rotor is still within the bottom frame of the fancoil.

To dismantle the rotor, you need to dismantle the pcb assy and the fan motor cover and tilt the cooling coil.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 AM   #1053
Supremacy Member

Not its stuck, its becos the left side of the fan rotor is still within the bottom frame of the fancoil.

To dismantle the rotor, you need to dismantle the pcb assy and the fan motor cover and tilt the cooling coil.
i already dismantle the pcb n fan motor cover. n the tiny screw inside the rotor.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #1054

hi any one here got their air con installation from DIS Airconditioning & Electrical Pte. Ltd? like to know how their workmanship is. thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #1055

Hi Terumo.
It was Daikin's serviceman who recommended me this model when my old inverter aircon compressor board was burnt/spoilt. I trusted their judgement at that time. When i called Natural Cool, they did mention the coldness would be 80% of the original inverter series. But it wasn't cold at all when first installed.

The Daikin people came 3 times to fix it up - top up the gas 2 times, change the ?board for dining aircon unit, change the compressor board (it was burnt so no cold air) and valve cover (claimed it might be gas leaking from there). I dun think the air blow out is 13 degrees. Does this mean it's the product problem?

Yes you are right. At 1.9k, they used back the old pipe. The young guy who installed only joined Natural Cool for 3months (though he claimed he worked as serviceman before joining the company) so i was suspecting that he is not so experienced enough to install it well.

What should i look for or question Daikin when their engineer comes next week? I should think the engineer is in a better position to inspect and confirm the defects as compared to the serviceman (?).
Old 05-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #1056

NEED ADVISE QUICK for starmex sys 4 inverter

any bro out there can advice?

i just get my starmex sys 4 installed with Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-4A38VA / 3 X MSXY-GA10VA for common rm & MSXY-GA13VA for MBR n the first night after switch ON i notice that i need to switch LOW fan n 18degree on controller in order to achieve my wanted temperature while all fancoil is switched ON in my common rm but next day morning i found out tat my piping tube cover having condensation vapour on them. the common rm having wet walls oso. the next day the technician came n call us to adjust the temp to 24degree n switch to highest fan, whole night is like the fan sound which is louder than my old non inventer aircon which the reason i choose starmex is become of the quietness but i doubt so now . at 24 degree n highest fan mode i dun feel tat the rm is cold enough as i m sweating with my blanket on and the worst thing is tat the noise level is high like normal table fan on med speed. it is normal? the technician said tat the condensation is due to switch fan speed too low n the cold air coming out too slow lead to condensation of vapour in the cover for the piping.

i paid a bomb which i kana con but the sale person who is recommanded by some site n instead of promise g22 n 1/2 insulation they use those normal g23 n 3/8 insulation say my house cannot squeeze in the piping as there will be too many tude cover running around the house n that y lan lan agree with the contractor to process using g23 n 3/8 insulation with no refund as the invoice stated FOC for the upgrade. really angry but hopefully my air con can last.

any kind soul can advise on the problem?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #1057
Supremacy Member

any bro out there can advice?

i just get my starmex sys 4 installed with Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-4A38VA / 3 X MSXY-GA10VA for common rm & MSXY-GA13VA for MBR n the first night after switch ON i notice that i need to switch LOW fan n 18degree on controller in order to achieve my wanted temperature while all fancoil is switched ON in my common rm but next day morning i found out tat my piping tube cover having condensation vapour on them. the common rm having wet walls oso. the next day the technician came n call us to adjust the temp to 24degree n switch to highest fan, whole night is like the fan sound which is louder than my old non inventer aircon which the reason i choose starmex is become of the quietness but i doubt so now . at 24 degree n highest fan mode i dun feel tat the rm is cold enough as i m sweating with my blanket on and the worst thing is tat the noise level is high like normal table fan on med speed. it is normal? the technician said tat the condensation is due to switch fan speed too low n the cold air coming out too slow lead to condensation of vapour in the cover for the piping.

i paid a bomb which i kana con but the sale person who is recommanded by some site n instead of promise g22 n 1/2 insulation they use those normal g23 n 3/8 insulation say my house cannot squeeze in the piping as there will be too many tude cover running around the house n that y lan lan agree with the contractor to process using g23 n 3/8 insulation with no refund as the invoice stated FOC for the upgrade. really angry but hopefully my air con can last.

any kind soul can advise on the problem?
From the problem u mention, it is not normal to be like this. The cause of this shld be installation. So it is the insulation tat cause the problem.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 05-11-2009 at 06:56 PM..
Old 05-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #1058

From the problem u mention, it is not normal to be like this. The cause of this shld be installation. So it is the insulation tat cause the problem.
Dear bro the funniest thing is the piping casing along my corridoor oso got vapour on the external. Or can pm ur contact I explain to u?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #1059
Supremacy Member

Dear bro the funniest thing is the piping casing along my corridoor oso got vapour on the external. Or can pm ur contact I explain to u?
mayb u can take a pic would be better? haha...

or u try to explain it in words? recently not free to talk on phone. so sorry.

the "corridor" u mean is living room? or outside your house?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 AM   #1060
Supremacy Member

Hi Terumo.
It was Daikin's serviceman who recommended me this model when my old inverter aircon compressor board was burnt/spoilt. I trusted their judgement at that time. When i called Natural Cool, they did mention the coldness would be 80% of the original inverter series. But it wasn't cold at all when first installed.

The Daikin people came 3 times to fix it up - top up the gas 2 times, change the ?board for dining aircon unit, change the compressor board (it was burnt so no cold air) and valve cover (claimed it might be gas leaking from there). I dun think the air blow out is 13 degrees. Does this mean it's the product problem?

Yes you are right. At 1.9k, they used back the old pipe. The young guy who installed only joined Natural Cool for 3months (though he claimed he worked as serviceman before joining the company) so i was suspecting that he is not so experienced enough to install it well.

What should i look for or question Daikin when their engineer comes next week? I should think the engineer is in a better position to inspect and confirm the defects as compared to the serviceman (?).
product shouldnt hav problem, as i'm also using MA56EV1 n FT50FVM.

so the problem here is installation. i guess the problem might lies at the old piping.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 AM   #1061

Did u tilt the cooling coil and take down the whole rotor and motor? For the ft25dvm...

To Bro Yuen08, ur previous post mentioned 13 degrees coming from the fancoil. Daikin product shld be no problem. It's more likely undersized...
Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #1062
Supremacy Member

Did u tilt the cooling coil and take down the whole rotor and motor? For the ft25dvm...

To Bro Yuen08, ur previous post mentioned 13 degrees coming from the fancoil. Daikin product shld be no problem. It's more likely undersized...
u mean to tilt the cooling coil than would be able to take out the fan motor? so to tilt at wat angle?

or does it require to take down the whole fcu?

or if didnt take down, need to remove the cooling coil b4 able to remove the fan motor?

so i was wondering wat was obstructing it ?

actually Yuen08 bro said "I dun think the air blow out is 13 degrees."
Old 06-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #1063

hi my hdb block has not been provided with higher electrical loading, thus when i chose the brand and type of air con unit, does it have a affect on it? like certain brand of air con too high power for my blk electrical loading etc?

thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #1064
Supremacy Member

hi my hdb block has not been provided with higher electrical loading, thus when i chose the brand and type of air con unit, does it have a affect on it? like certain brand of air con too high power for my blk electrical loading etc?

thanks
u no need to worry about this.

u only need higher electrical loading when u r installing 2nd condenser unit.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #1065

Where is my posting?

testing, testing.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.