HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #1096

also note that NEA website show only the condensing unit model... Many different aircon usually share the same condensing unit model
Old 18-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #1097

hi friend, i have SHARP AU-X24AKV sys 3 air con which were installed in the flat (about 6 years old) i just bought. but we found they can't produce cold at all, so we supposed it need gas, and ask someone come to charge the gas.after charging the gas, we found it has some problems:

1. if turn on any unit, the unit in common-room A also become cold at the coil even it is not open at all (the fan is off, but feel cold when touching the coil surface, and also see freeze water inside).
2. the other unit in the common-room B is not cold at all (it is beside common-room A, but further away from master-bedroom and compressor) .
3. the master-bedroom can produce cold, but seems not strong enough.
4. after some days, the three are all not cold anymore

is it possible that those prolbems are all from the spoiled unit of common-room A? because it can't control well, gas flow is not right, then common-room B can't be cold, and also master-room is not so cold, and finally gas leak out. if it is true, if i could disconnect the spoiled unit from the compressor, and still able to use the other two?

can u sugest me that it can be repaired or better go for new one?
Old 18-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #1098
Supremacy Member

hi friend, i have SHARP AU-X24AKV sys 3 air con which were installed in the flat (about 6 years old) i just bought. but we found they can't produce cold at all, so we supposed it need gas, and ask someone come to charge the gas.after charging the gas, we found it has some problems:

1. if turn on any unit, the unit in common-room A also become cold at the coil even it is not open at all (the fan is off, but feel cold when touching the coil surface, and also see freeze water inside).
2. the other unit in the common-room B is not cold at all (it is beside common-room A, but further away from master-bedroom and compressor) .
3. the master-bedroom can produce cold, but seems not strong enough.
4. after some days, the three are all not cold anymore

is it possible that those prolbems are all from the spoiled unit of common-room A? because it can't control well, gas flow is not right, then common-room B can't be cold, and also master-room is not so cold, and finally gas leak out. if it is true, if i could disconnect the spoiled unit from the compressor, and still able to use the other two?

can u sugest me that it can be repaired or better go for new one?
1. u mean when touch the coil is cold? got create any ice on it? if the coil is only cold but didnt create any ice, than need to call the Sharp service man to come n do some modify to the compressor pcb. tink its the valve tat didnt close tightly, tat will causes some flow to the coil.

2. for this problem, u might need to call the serviceman n check on the wiring connection on the compressor.

3. for this case, it shld be gas not enough.

for the above problem, i tink it might be something wrong wit the valve. or one of the compressor is down.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 18-11-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Old 18-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #1099

Hi Bro
Daikin engineer came and did the temperature check next to opening and claimed that the products are ok. But they can't tell whether the problem is caused by the piping when i asked them. They claimed maybe aircon is undersized but when i told them that it was Daikin who introduced me this model, they quickly said i must wait for 1-1.5 hour for the room to cool down. They were in the house for 40mins with 18degree max fan on but room temp is only 25degree. Engineer said it's impossible to have room temp below 22degree even though control is set at 18degrees. Is this true?
They will call Natural Cool to report their finding and ask them to check on the piping.
So disappointed that it hasn't resolve... so much calling and time wasting on this issue.
Old 18-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #1100
Supremacy Member

Hi Bro
Daikin engineer came and did the temperature check next to opening and claimed that the products are ok. But they can't tell whether the problem is caused by the piping when i asked them. They claimed maybe aircon is undersized but when i told them that it was Daikin who introduced me this model, they quickly said i must wait for 1-1.5 hour for the room to cool down. They were in the house for 40mins with 18degree max fan on but room temp is only 25degree. Engineer said it's impossible to have room temp below 22degree even though control is set at 18degrees. Is this true?
They will call Natural Cool to report their finding and ask them to check on the piping.
So disappointed that it hasn't resolve... so much calling and time wasting on this issue.
hm...than did u c wat was the temperature when they check?

it seems quite long for 1 to 1.5hr.. in my opinion, if the aircon is not undersized, than u can feel the whole room coolness within 5 to 15 mins..
Old 19-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #1101

1. u mean when touch the coil is cold? got create any ice on it? if the coil is only cold but didnt create any ice, than need to call the Sharp service man to come n do some modify to the compressor pcb. tink its the valve tat didnt close tightly, tat will causes some flow to the coil.

2. for this problem, u might need to call the serviceman n check on the wiring connection on the compressor.

3. for this case, it shld be gas not enough.

for the above problem, i tink it might be something wrong wit the valve. or one of the compressor is down.
thanks chulianghere!
As you suggest, i asked two coolserve guys came to check. They directly recommend me to buy new one after checking the outside compressor. He said the copper pipe connected to compressor are eroded, and could see the crack already, repair cost would be quite high. They even don't feel need to check the inner units. So now i give up the idea about repairing them .
Old 19-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #1102

Hi Bro chunliang
I was out of town so my bro-in-law was there. But i called them via overseas when they were there. The temp was 13 degree. Ya i agree with you. I think the engineer is not so good to state that room generally needs 1-1.5hrs to cool down and it doesn't make sense room temp is only min 22degree if control is set at 18degrees. But what can i say - they insist product is ok. I dun think they will admit its their fault if they introduce me the wrong or undersized model. I regret that i trusted them. i thought they are from Daikin so should know the products well... Anyway now waiting for Natural Cool to respond. I am thinking whether to report to CASE.
Anyone has talk to CASE before?
Old 19-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #1103
Supremacy Member

Hi Bro chunliang
I was out of town so my bro-in-law was there. But i called them via overseas when they were there. The temp was 13 degree. Ya i agree with you. I think the engineer is not so good to state that room generally needs 1-1.5hrs to cool down and it doesn't make sense room temp is only min 22degree if control is set at 18degrees. But what can i say - they insist product is ok. I dun think they will admit its their fault if they introduce me the wrong or undersized model. I regret that i trusted them. i thought they are from Daikin so should know the products well... Anyway now waiting for Natural Cool to respond. I am thinking whether to report to CASE.
Anyone has talk to CASE before?
hmm..ok. 13 degrees is the lowest it can go. so means the temp is ok.

now the problem shld be tat time tat person introduce undersized product to u.. well, it seems tat Daikin product didnt hav any problem. i guess now u got to either install another unit, or change to more higher BTU. change to FT60FVM shld improve..but than hav to change condenser unit.
Old 19-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #1104
Supremacy Member

thanks chulianghere!
As you suggest, i asked two coolserve guys came to check. They directly recommend me to buy new one after checking the outside compressor. He said the copper pipe connected to compressor are eroded, and could see the crack already, repair cost would be quite high. They even don't feel need to check the inner units. So now i give up the idea about repairing them .
so its recommended to install a new one.

so next time after installation of new one, find something to cover the area where copper pipe/insulation connect from compressor to your house through the wall.
Old 20-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #1105

The Sharp aircon shld be either valve fully opened or cross wiring. But of they say old already, change better, just follow suit rather then spending a bomb to repair it.

For Bro Yuen08,
Daikin or any other brand will not make any comments about the installation unless it's installed by them. Cos they duh wan to be accused of throwing the ball around. They usually will just confirm that the equipment is performing normally. So within their business, their ass are covered.

If Natural Cool says installation is ok, then maybe if you prefer faster cooling, get Ftkd50fvm x 2, coupled with 4mkd100dvm. Even if you on 2 units 2gether, you get 100% capacity. Or cheaper option, get 3mkd75dvm.

You can upgrade to FT60 as Bro Chunliang recommended, but you got to change your concealed piping and outdoor unit also.
Which condo u r staying?

If you got black and white from either Daikin/Natural Cool stating that they recommend you to change to your current model (in writing with model number), if noto you have no case against them. Just my views.

Last edited by terumo; 20-11-2009 at 11:26 PM..
Old 24-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #1106

Hi Terumo
Called the Natural Cool today and complaint that their installers didn't inform me the pipe size was wrong (according to Daikin) when they installed the aircon. He agreed that they should pick up the problem.
I suggested that he sent someone senior to double check the piping (in case it is cracked, eroded or spoilt) first.
If piping has problem, we need to look into replacing the pipes as no point using problematic pipe even for the best aricon. But of course, it's gonna be expensive and very messy.
If no problem, i request for an upgrade of the aircon. He didn't protest and said that he will check with the people who installed previously and then arrange someone to come down to check piping by testing the gas in the pipe. You know how this test work?
Have not received his call so far... will need to call for follow up tomorrow.
Old 24-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #1107

Talked to the engineer from Daikin. He said that previous inverter model used BTU45 and now non-inverter is BTU50. It should be comparable in cooling the room but due to the different system - inverter and non-inverter, you feel the coldness faster with inverter (+/-0.5degrees) than non-inverter (+/-2degrees). Is that true?
He also commented with old model pipe size being 4-8 and now 5-8, it may be the pipe size that caused the lack of cold but when i asked whether this can cause a BIG difference in coldness (by how many percent). And whether current model is undersized. He wasn't very clear in his answers.
I asked if the costs of hacking and upgrading to bigger aircon is the same, which option will help to cool room faster? He didn't want to comment much in case i hold it against him in the future. But he did comment that the room size is reasonable for this model.
Old 24-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #1108
Supremacy Member

Talked to the engineer from Daikin. He said that previous inverter model used BTU45 and now non-inverter is BTU50. It should be comparable in cooling the room but due to the different system - inverter and non-inverter, you feel the coldness faster with inverter (+/-0.5degrees) than non-inverter (+/-2degrees). Is that true?
He also commented with old model pipe size being 4-8 and now 5-8, it may be the pipe size that caused the lack of cold but when i asked whether this can cause a BIG difference in coldness (by how many percent). And whether current model is undersized. He wasn't very clear in his answers.
I asked if the costs of hacking and upgrading to bigger aircon is the same, which option will help to cool room faster? He didn't want to comment much in case i hold it against him in the future. But he did comment that the room size is reasonable for this model.
i wonder now yr main problem is the room will not go to 18 degrees?

*edit:
IMO, mayb it got something to do wit the old piping.. n since old inverter hav different gas pipe size.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 24-11-2009 at 10:42 PM..
Old 24-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #1109

Hi, Daikin ppl usually will not comment much. FT50 and CTK45 suction pipe size is different. Discharge pipe size is same.
Maybe Natural Cool going to perform a pressure test to ensure your current pipings has no leak. You can consider to talk to your installer and ask if you could top up some $ and upgrade to invertor.
Old 25-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #1110

Is inverter really that good? But my decision of using non-inverter previously was that the aircon are in living and dining rooms so we don't turn it everyday, only when weather is hot or we have visitors, so need not use the expensive aircon series. But we turn on bedroom aircon every night so we invested in inverter series. Inverter aircon price is abt at least 50% more than non-inverter. Worth the investment?!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.