Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I went to Best Tech at Toa Payoh and they recommended me this two brands and model:

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter MXY-4A28VA Outdoor unit with 1 x MSXY-GA13VA and 3 x MSXY-13VA indoor units.

Toshiba Aircon Inverter, RAS-M10NKCV x 3 and RAS-M13NKCV with RAS-4M26SACV

Which will be a better system? He keep emphasizing on Toshiba is better because their compressor is made in Japan and they are the original inventor of Inverter Aircons. And he claimed Toshiba will save more electricity by showing us the Energy Label And he said Mitsubishi is popular because they have put alot of money on advertising with Jack Neo on TV, newspaper and etc. The price difference between two is just like $60 (Toshiba $3400, Mitsubishi $3460).

They claimed the agents/distributors giving K-Flex insulators at the moment. and when i ask about using thicker copper pipe for inverter they say it's not good cause theres no enough pressure if the space inside the pipe is big. Is there any shop that can provide better installation materials and better pricing than this?

Have you check with Gain City if you going for credit card or installment?
If you paying cash, can also check with Hong Tar.

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you check with Gain City if you going for credit card or installment?
If you paying cash, can also check with Hong Tar.

Gain city is offering higher like $3650 for the same mitsubishi... Hong Tar price is good too?

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Gain city is offering higher like $3650 for the same mitsubishi... Hong Tar price is good too?

Last time I compare, Hong Tar is cheaper but pay cash only.
Installation also good as advise by other forumer.

Sometime not only see aircon price, must see the installation skill & material too.
When I bought mine Toshiba from Gaincity, Allbest was selling at around $200 cheaper,
but I read too much bad installation by AB so I rather get from GC as most my my friend
also recommended GC.
Also i going for credit card installment, so bought from GC. BTW GC is giving 3years
installation warranty.
So far my installation is ok, just 1 of the fan coil got funny noise after 1 month & Toshiba
replaced a new set for me.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go with your friend's recommendation..

I took up AB more than a year ago...read some bad review from them, but then, until now, my AC also no problem..so no need to worry so much...go with price...

GC or other, well...to err is human..

terumo

Reaction score
I went to Best Tech at Toa Payoh and they recommended me this two brands and model:

Mitsubishi Electric Starmex Inverter MXY-4A28VA Outdoor unit with 1 x MSXY-GA13VA and 3 x MSXY-13VA indoor units.

Toshiba Aircon Inverter, RAS-M10NKCV x 3 and RAS-M13NKCV with RAS-4M26SACV

Which will be a better system? He keep emphasizing on Toshiba is better because their compressor is made in Japan and they are the original inventor of Inverter Aircons. And he claimed Toshiba will save more electricity by showing us the Energy Label And he said Mitsubishi is popular because they have put alot of money on advertising with Jack Neo on TV, newspaper and etc. The price difference between two is just like $60 (Toshiba $3400, Mitsubishi $3460).

They claimed the agents/distributors giving K-Flex insulators at the moment. and when i ask about using thicker copper pipe for inverter they say it's not good cause theres no enough pressure if the space inside the pipe is big. Is there any shop that can provide better installation materials and better pricing than this?

For the gas pressure if the space inside the pipe is big, for all grades of copper piping, the space inside is the same, different grades refers to different thickness of the piping, the salesman had you on.
The thicker the piping, chances of gas leak and condensation should be lower.

boucyfirebal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually gas leak etc. its more of the person installing.

actually inverter etc , jus for show .unless u use aircon often. Then can see the result. if nt any generic cheap aircon will do;)

service regulary or at least clean filter once a week. saving is almos on par to a unserviced inverter

Last edited:

PDA_lover

Reaction score
Friends,

i have scouting for aircon quotes and recently been to Hong Tar and Gain City. I have a question, my flat is not higher current loading (check on the HDB website with postal code) so my question is

does this limit the type of aircon i can buy
any implications on the aircon performance

Thanks in advance...

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for reply,

Planning to buy Hitachi sys 4 (1*22K BTU, 3*9K BTU) any one has Hitachi aircon? any review?

do check out the BTU of the compressor. the total BTU from your fan-coils is 49k, which I seriously doubt the compressor would be able to support, but then again you probably would not be switching on all 4 fan coil units at one go.

Just thought you should know what you're getting.

sorry... haven't used hitachi aircon or even know anybody who uses it.

pegASUS7677

Reaction score
thanks for reply,

Planning to buy Hitachi sys 4 (1*22K BTU, 3*9K BTU) any one has Hitachi aircon? any review?

I bought one but its 1*18K BTU + 3*9K BTU from GC, but it won't be installed until Saturday. They threw in 5 years full extended warranty.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
I think the price of Hitachi sys 4 invertor with installation is quite cheap ba, Hitachi equipment shld be cheaper then Mit or Daikin.

terumo

Reaction score
Then u shld consider getting Mit / Daikin.
Better brands and only $40 difference.

PDA_lover

Reaction score
Correct, i was told that mits sales are because of jack neo adv only; in practical sense it is not easy to clean the aircon the way jack neo explains and there are fair chances of breaking the removable parts which would cost you a bomb to replace

beiyuan

Reaction score
buying a system 4 Mitsubishi Electric multi split inverter from Hong Tar

I'm getting from Hongtar, because i nvr seen a bad comment about them. Let's see if the first bad comment comes from me. haha

BTW, does anyone know why they use different units combinations? Base on what room configuration will they decide on a units combinations? See following units combinations:

MXY-4A28VA / 4 X MSXY-GA10VA
MXY-4A28VA / MSXY-GA10VA x 3 / MSXY-GA13VA
MXY-4A28VA / MSXY-GA10VA x 2 / MSXY-GA13VA x 2

Hong Tar told me it has something to do with the distance of each unit from the compressor.
but Coolserve told me that it ONLY depends on the size of each room, not distance or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.