HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree883Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #1186

wah, i ask the gain city people, they say mit ele will only have stock march or april.
Old 17-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #1187

wah, i ask the gain city people, they say mit ele will only have stock march or april.
GC CCK told the same thing, ME no stock, earliest March. Is ME no stock islandwide or juz GC? Can all specify which GC u visited? If all at CCK GC, then we can bulk purchase and ask more discount
BTW, I m still undecided whether to get ME or Toshiba... expect to on aircon in MBR for 6-8hrs daily. Pls advise

setup 1: RAS-3M20SACV (outdoor, 24K), RAS-M13SKCV x2
setup 2: MXY-3A28VA (outdoor, 30K), MSXY-GD18VA, MSXY-GA13VA
Old 17-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #1188

Question

does it apply to inverter or non-inverter aircons?
Old 18-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #1189

does it apply to inverter or non-inverter aircons?
not sure.
they got paste a formal letter from mit ele saying no stock, blah blah blah....
the gain city say as there is only 1 distributor for mit ele, so whole singapore also not stock.
Old 18-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #1190

Just to ask some opinion as looking to install air condition. My masterroom is around 30sm and common room is around 15sm.

From the website calculator, it seems I need around 12k BTU for Masteroom and around 8k BTU for common room.Initital I am eyeing for mitsubishi starmex but seems it is running out of stock now. GC guy introduce me toshiba

However I am having doubt on the combination:

1) RAS-4M26SACV( system 4 outdoor unit with 34k BTU), RAS-M10SKCV(9000 BTU) X2, RAS-M16SKCVX1

2) RAS-3M20SACV( system 3 outdoor unit with 24k BTU), RAS-M10SKCV(9000 BTU) X2, RAS-M16SKCVX1.

First doubt : Can RAS-3M20SACV support the second combination without any problem if I always on 3 aircond for night?

Second doubt :Is RAS-M16SKCVX1 enough for 30sm room or I need RAS-M22SKCVX1 for masterroom ?Actually the GC guy recommend me RAS-M22SKCVX1 before I get the web calculator.

Appreciate help from all expert here. Thanks
30sqm is a big room! Normal MBR maybe around 12-15 sqm. You probably need 18,000BTU or more for it.

Say if your numbers are correct (12k, 8k), if you on 3 rooms at the same time, you will need at least a 28k BTU system. If does not mean if the FCU is rated 9k BTU you will get 9k BTU. For your second option, you are only gettting 5,400BTU and 9k BTU when all 3 rooms are on at the same time. Even the first option is not able to meet your requirement whether you are using M16 or M22 FCU.
Old 18-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #1191

I just want to share my bad experience with Best Tech in IMM. I ordered a ME Sys 4 from them on 20/12/09 and paid a deposit of 700+. The installation was supposed to be on 2 Jan and the guy promised me the workers will come in the morning as it will take quite long.

A few days before that, the guy called and tell me that there are no stocks for the aircon I want. He said that new stocks will only be available later and we agreed to move the installation to 16 Jan.

On 15 Jan, they called me to confirm installation on 16 Jan ard noon time. I was a little puzzled as based on their sales guy when I signed, the project cannot be completed in half a day. But the guy on the phone was confident and said at most they work till late in the night. Although I wasn't very happy, I said ok.

Then on 16 Jan, my family and I moved everything away early in the morning to facilitate the installation. Then we waited till around 1pm and nobody turned up. We finally called the office and the lady said the workers cannot make it. Also, she said dun call back after 1 as nobody is in office.

She then offered me to re-arrange another installation date. After some discussion with my family, I decided not to proceed as I have lost confidence in the company. I am now in discussion with Best Tech to get my money back.

It has just been a very bad experience with them. Now, I will probably have to wait till after CNY to look for another company again. When I signed with them, they promised me the stars and the moon and all I got was this kind of rubbish.
Old 18-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #1192
Supremacy Member

omg this is bad...mths ago i ordered panasonic non-inverter a/c from gain city. good service from the sales and the installation pple. after installation, i thought the a/c wasn't installed properly as it was not cold(posted here for this problem b4 in this thread, u can do a search), give a call back to the sales guy, he arranged for the workers to come down to take a look the soonest possible FOC. but the prob was me lah, installation was ok..heh

edit: i ordered on a sunday, they came down on thurs to fix. i guess a/c popularity plays a part. panasonic is a decent brand(i'm happy so far), but perhaps not as popular as starmex or ME.

Last edited by tinydot; 18-01-2010 at 09:23 AM..
Old 18-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #1193
Supremacy Member

I just want to share my bad experience with Best Tech in IMM. I ordered a ME Sys 4 from them on 20/12/09 and paid a deposit of 700+. The installation was supposed to be on 2 Jan and the guy promised me the workers will come in the morning as it will take quite long.

A few days before that, the guy called and tell me that there are no stocks for the aircon I want. He said that new stocks will only be available later and we agreed to move the installation to 16 Jan.

On 15 Jan, they called me to confirm installation on 16 Jan ard noon time. I was a little puzzled as based on their sales guy when I signed, the project cannot be completed in half a day. But the guy on the phone was confident and said at most they work till late in the night. Although I wasn't very happy, I said ok.

Then on 16 Jan, my family and I moved everything away early in the morning to facilitate the installation. Then we waited till around 1pm and nobody turned up. We finally called the office and the lady said the workers cannot make it. Also, she said dun call back after 1 as nobody is in office.

She then offered me to re-arrange another installation date. After some discussion with my family, I decided not to proceed as I have lost confidence in the company. I am now in discussion with Best Tech to get my money back.

It has just been a very bad experience with them. Now, I will probably have to wait till after CNY to look for another company again. When I signed with them, they promised me the stars and the moon and all I got was this kind of rubbish.
Wow... honestly if i remember no wrong my Ac is also from them.. same problem arise.. say what AC fell on main con foot and AC is dmg.. and no stock.. Waste me one day of leave.. then i dulan.. i check with i tink renotalk and it seem this thing happen before .. so i told the lady on the line that i make the whole issue big if i dont get it install in the same week.. Next i know.. they got it install..
Old 18-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #1194

Unhappy

30sqm is a big room! Normal MBR maybe around 12-15 sqm. You probably need 18,000BTU or more for it.

Say if your numbers are correct (12k, 8k), if you on 3 rooms at the same time, you will need at least a 28k BTU system. If does not mean if the FCU is rated 9k BTU you will get 9k BTU. For your second option, you are only gettting 5,400BTU and 9k BTU when all 3 rooms are on at the same time. Even the first option is not able to meet your requirement whether you are using M16 or M22 FCU.
Thanks for your reply. However the only biggest BTU for tohisba outdoor unit is only 34K BTU which is RAS-4M26SACV.

Is it mean if I want to go for this brand will be( check with toshiba catalog details)

1) RAS-4M26SACV( system 4 outdoor unit with 34k BTU), RAS-M16SKCVX1, RAS-M10SKCV(9000 BTU) X2 with 3.4,2.05,2.05 Unit capacity (11.6k & 7k BTU)

2) RAS-4M26SACV( system 4 outdoor unit with 34k BTU), RAS-M22SKCVX1, RAS-M10SKCV(9000 BTU) X2 with 3.94, 1.78,1.78(13.4K BTU & 6k BTU)

Does this mean both setup will not cold also? Should I separate the MBR aircond from the system 3 and install as individual unit?this will cause my air condition totally out of budget if I need 2 compressor now - -

Last edited by jimmy_07; 18-01-2010 at 10:30 AM..
Old 18-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #1195

are they going to pay the 700 back to you? if not, might as well get them to install but need to monitor closely during the installation. to forgo 700 to get new company it too great!
Old 18-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #1196

I've talked to the sales exec who served me. I think it should be ok. Definitely will not forgo 700 dollars lol.

I guess I will probably go back to GC and bear with the increased cost. Better be safe than sorry.
Old 18-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #1197
Supremacy Member

Hope everything goes well on the installation!

Btw I feel quite sad tat since tv advertise starmex, n they now dont hav stock lo.. But well,going for other brand is gd. Doesnt mean tv advertise one is gd. It can be bad too. Cheers!
Old 18-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #1198
High Supremacy Member

omg this is bad...mths ago i ordered panasonic non-inverter a/c from gain city. good service from the sales and the installation pple. after installation, i thought the a/c wasn't installed properly as it was not cold(posted here for this problem b4 in this thread, u can do a search), give a call back to the sales guy, he arranged for the workers to come down to take a look the soonest possible FOC. but the prob was me lah, installation was ok..heh
actually what the cause of problem?
thank
Old 19-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #1199

Thanks for your reply. However the only biggest BTU for tohisba outdoor unit is only 34K BTU which is RAS-4M26SACV.

Is it mean if I want to go for this brand will be( check with toshiba catalog details)

1) RAS-4M26SACV( system 4 outdoor unit with 34k BTU), RAS-M16SKCVX1, RAS-M10SKCV(9000 BTU) X2 with 3.4,2.05,2.05 Unit capacity (11.6k & 7k BTU)

2) RAS-4M26SACV( system 4 outdoor unit with 34k BTU), RAS-M22SKCVX1, RAS-M10SKCV(9000 BTU) X2 with 3.94, 1.78,1.78(13.4K BTU & 6k BTU)

Does this mean both setup will not cold also? Should I separate the MBR aircond from the system 3 and install as individual unit?this will cause my air condition totally out of budget if I need 2 compressor now - -
Why don't you call a shop like Gain City to go to your place for a site visit, to advise and propose you some models? They can also check on the room sizes to find the right fit.

Just to check that you only measure the length and width of the rooms to get the room sizes, and did not mulitply the height, right?

Last edited by lwm999; 19-01-2010 at 09:40 AM..
Old 19-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #1200
Supremacy Member

although process is not smooth but it just some hiccup on the installation date. i think if u request for ur deposit back, u gonna bring more headache for yrself haha.

i gotten my aircon from best tech and no hiccup encountered. aircon is still working fine few mths after installation.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.