HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #1231
Supremacy Member

after reading this whole thread, i still cannot decide whether to buy daikin/mitsubishi/panasonic.............
actually depends on yr favourite brand ba.. or design.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #1232
Arch-Supremacy Member

after reading this whole thread, i still cannot decide whether to buy daikin/mitsubishi/panasonic.............
I chose Daikin and very much happy
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #1233
Supremacy Member

actually depends on yr favourite brand ba.. or design.
panasonic inverter is it ok not?

my requirements of aircon are electricity savings, can cool down the whole room within very short, and cold enough.............

so does panasonic inverter meet the requirements???
Old 11-04-2010, 02:54 AM   #1234
Supremacy Member

I using toshiba made in japan and slightly cheaper den Mitsubishi.

Sales people at quite a few places told me Mitsubishi is priced more exp and popular because of their aggressive marketing campaign.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #1235
High Supremacy Member

panasonic inverter is it ok not?

my requirements of aircon are electricity savings, can cool down the whole room within very short, and cold enough.............

so does panasonic inverter meet the requirements???
http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

you can check NEA for the each aircon performance and result. they did sent in their units for testing.

for toshiba only the out door compressor is made in japan. from what i see Gain City now seem to be keen on pushing Toshiba, using Made in Japan as the selling point. maybe they got higher selling profit and commission? 2years ago they used to push Hitachi.
daikin are made in china now but doesn't mean their products are inferior. the brand still charging premium and there people still willing to pay.
think all or most brand offering 5yrs warranty for the compressor, the rest of the parts like in-door unit 1yr. the aircon and piping installation workmanship play a very big part too. the only thing you really can count on is the warranty. if you really worry then can pay extra and opt for the extended full 5yrs warranty for the whole air con system, some places are offering these extension.
daikin, mitsubishi, panasonic, toshiba, hitachi, sharp all Japanese brands should be ok.
just pick the one base with you expectation of price, performance, design, warranty..etc.
Old 14-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #1236

have installed diadin and mishu. find that mishu is better, dun know it is because of the better ducting use. each night set at 25 with one bar, very cold to me liao.
Old 14-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #1237
Supremacy Member

have installed diadin and mishu. find that mishu is better, dun know it is because of the better ducting use. each night set at 25 with one bar, very cold to me liao.
shld be the temperature sensor ba..
Old 15-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #1238

Daikin is made in thailand just like Mitsubishi n most jap brands ... not in china ... zzz
Old 15-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #1239

same model same capacity same location? and you are using ducting ?!
Old 15-04-2010, 06:29 PM   #1240
High Supremacy Member

Daikin is made in thailand just like Mitsubishi n most jap brands ... not in china ... zzz
Established a new manufacturing base for the manufacture of air conditioning equipment in Shanghai, China, called Daikin Air Conditioning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and Daikin Central Airconditioning (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Established a tie-up between Tsinghua University in China and Daikinand created the Tsinghua-Daikin R&D Center at Tsinghua University as an R&D base in China.
Established a manufacturing base for the production of A/C compressors in Suzhou, China, called Daikin Device (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
http://www.daikin.com.sg/links.asp?area=3

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27002

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19490
Daikin got plants in china and there internet sources commenting about product quality due to place of production.
i remembered 1 Gaincity sale guy did told me Daikin was made in china now.
maybe Daikin compressor made in china, the FCU still made in thailand.
any way my point is there are Made In China Daikin Aircon in the market now. just because the aircon was made in China doesn't it must be lousy product. Daikin still a big brand in the aircon market, the quality and standard should be there. some consumers might feel safer and more confident with the place of production but if the manufacturer can maintain and guarantee the high standard and quality of their products, the place of production wont be a big issue.

other brands i heard made in china now are sanyo and carrier.
the rest japan brands still thailand and malaysia.
Old 15-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #1241
Supremacy Member

Daikin got plants in china and there internet sources commenting about product quality due to place of production.
i remembered 1 Gaincity sale guy did told me Daikin was made in china now.
maybe Daikin compressor made in china, the FCU still made in thailand.
any way my point is there are Made In China Daikin Aircon in the market now. just because the aircon was made in China doesn't it must be lousy product. Daikin still a big brand in the aircon market, the quality and standard should be there. some consumers might feel safer and more confident with the place of production but if the manufacturer can maintain and guarantee the high standard and quality of their products, the place of production wont be a big issue.

other brands i heard made in china now are sanyo and carrier.
the rest japan brands still thailand and malaysia.
yeah, i agree..
Old 16-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #1242
Master Member

yeah, i agree..
think we should get used to it coz sooner or later, 'everything' is gonna be produced in china.

me? i bought Toshiba, compressor made in japan mah!

seriously i wouldn't be surprised my next air-con would be 100% made-in-china.
Old 16-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #1243
Supremacy Member

think we should get used to it coz sooner or later, 'everything' is gonna be produced in china.

me? i bought Toshiba, compressor made in japan mah!

seriously i wouldn't be surprised my next air-con would be 100% made-in-china.
Haha.. But u wil nv knw if yr compressor is indeed made in china. Unless u open it up! :p
Old 16-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #1244
Supremacy Member

decided liao tmr go and mitsubishi........
Old 18-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #1245

Quiet Compressor

Does anyone know of a compressor (inverter unit) that is very quiet..

I stay in an old 3 room HDB flat and the compressor is just outside my master bedroom. My neighbour downstair complained my compressor noisy
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.