HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #1276
Supremacy Member

using grade 23 copper pipping and with proper piping installation we should not have the above mention problem rite?
this also add cost becos the need of thicker insulation n copper piping.

but of cos, if in future, the cost is lower, surely all will choose inverter.

problem is NOW. the cost of everything on inverter is high. so when consumer tink tat inverter is gd, "i wan to get inverter", but so exp. tats jus my opinion btw, i guess alot of ppl will also like tat tink.

The shorter the piping and the less bent of piping is the best and remember if on landed property vertical height of piping do not exceed 5M if not compressor oil will not return and your ompresor will die very soon. If no choice you need to installed a oil seperator or u-tube installation.
hmm...but main cause of gas leak is joining of 2 copper pipes together.

so if got joining 2 pipes together, than be prepare to "sian".
Old 19-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #1277

my ideal location is at location D, and the compressor will be just outside windows, so confirmed less than 2-3M........... between the distance....

so is location D a good location? if i would like to feel the air colder on bed??

becos i scare hot a lot one.........
If I were you i prefer E which give better air circulation in your room and somemore only 3 bent very optimal installation. Also tell the installer do a good gradient for you drain pipe and you should have many sweet dream.
Old 19-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #1278
Supremacy Member

so end of the day still go down to
pick a good brand that produce reliable product
use good and reliable installation team to do the pipping job
do maintenance
and last Luck

anyway thank for sharing the tips and technical info.
agree..

but installation team wise, heng or suay ba.
Old 19-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #1279
High Supremacy Member

agree..

we back to same square again.
Warranty
so get a reliable reputable shop/company to do the job.
in case any issue can know who and where to go.
Old 19-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #1280

this also add cost becos the need of thicker insulation n copper piping.

but of cos, if in future, the cost is lower, surely all will choose inverter.

problem is NOW. the cost of everything on inverter is high. so when consumer tink tat inverter is gd, "i wan to get inverter", but so exp. tats jus my opinion btw, i guess alot of ppl will also like tat tink.

hmm...but main cause of gas leak is joining of 2 copper pipes together.

so if got joining 2 pipes together, than be prepare to "sian".
if we talking about standard joint of pipe(brazing) you need to charge in N2 gas to prevent oxidizing of internal of copper pipe when brazing the 2 pipe together, but in market nobody will do this for you. But at least ask for a thorough vacuum, but most of the market installer only purge the system with refrigerant and seal that it (time saving)
Old 19-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #1281

agree..

not heng suay, i used to have contractor which he had installed my system 3 which lasted more than ten year still working fine now with no sweating, drain pipe choke and gas leakage issue. Of course regular maint is a must which i do it myself. Sad to say he already retire and go back to malaysia.
Old 19-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #1282
Supremacy Member

If I were you i prefer E which give better air circulation in your room and somemore only 3 bent very optimal installation. Also tell the installer do a good gradient for you drain pipe and you should have many sweet dream.
what u mean by good gradient for drain pipe???
Old 19-04-2010, 11:33 PM   #1283

what u mean by good gradient for drain pipe???
The incline of the drain pipe so you will not have drain pipe choke problem after many year of using.
Old 19-04-2010, 11:52 PM   #1284
Supremacy Member

not heng suay, i used to have contractor which he had installed my system 3 which lasted more than ten year still working fine now with no sweating, drain pipe choke and gas leakage issue. Of course regular maint is a must which i do it myself. Sad to say he already retire and go back to malaysia.
so u suay lor... he retire liao..
Old 22-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #1285

Air con configuration

Hi Air con gurus! I need some urgent help on the following.

I just bought an apt and I intend to replace my existing air con systems as they are 8 years old. The current set up consists of a System 3 (Master room 12k BTU, Guest room 9k BTU, Study room 9k BTU) and a System 2(Living and Dinning room 12k BTU each).

My air con usage is typically daily (Master, Study rooms) and occasionally (Living/Dining/Guest rooms).

I arranged for 2 site inspections but both technicians proposed different configurations:

(A) Follow existing configuration, ie. 3 rooms (System 3) and Living/Dining (System 2). This technician reasoned that this configuration saves on servicing as (given my usage style) I need only to service more frequently on the outdoor unit of System 3 than outdoor unit of System 2.

(B) System 3 (Living 12k, Guest 9k, Study 9k), System 2 (Dining 12k, Master 12k). This technician reasoned that this configuration enables both outdoor units are more evenly utilised, which is better in the long run.

I'm indifferent to both but what do you think? Do both explanations above make sense? Or is there an optimum configuration not stated above?

Thanks so much!
Old 23-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #1286
Supremacy Member

Old 23-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1287
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi innocast, your mitsubishi inverter good or not? my friend just installed system 4 in hdb and complained not cold enough. set at 20-21 dec celsius. switched on only the 13000 btu fancoil the whole night and the temperature only "cool" nia, not cold as compared to his old daikin non inverter system 4.
Old 23-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #1288
Supremacy Member

hi innocast, your mitsubishi inverter good or not? my friend just installed system 4 in hdb and complained not cold enough. set at 20-21 dec celsius. switched on only the 13000 btu fancoil the whole night and the temperature only "cool" nia, not cold as compared to his old daikin non inverter system 4.
cost ah.....25 degree with the air-con it ownself's fan on....very cold, must wear blanket to sleep.........

and it cools down very fast.....less than 10mins can reach the set temperature liao.........
Old 23-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #1289
Supremacy Member

shld be installation problem, tats y not cold.
Old 23-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #1290
Supremacy Member

shld be installation problem, tats y not cold.
yup, workmanship not good.........or the other possible reason is gas leak...........
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.