HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #1291

(A) Follow existing configuration, ie. 3 rooms (System 3) and Living/Dining (System 2). This technician reasoned that this configuration saves on servicing as (given my usage style) I need only to service more frequently on the outdoor unit of System 3 than outdoor unit of System 2.

This configuration will saves energy. But power wise, one condensor to support 3 fancoils.

(B) System 3 (Living 12k, Guest 9k, Study 9k), System 2 (Dining 12k, Master 12k). This technician reasoned that this configuration enables both outdoor units are more evenly utilised, which is better in the long run.

This configuration will be more powerful.
Cos u usually on ur living/dining in the evening. Rooms in the night. So 2 compressor will be working @ any given time = more energy consumption.
Old 24-04-2010, 12:57 AM   #1292
Arch-Supremacy Member

shld be installation problem, tats y not cold.
wah, that is the worst problem to have...so messy to redo

think better ask him to get mitsubishi to send someone down to check. anyone here knows what are the right questions to ask the technician and to ensure they check all the important stuff and not get smoked that its considered quite cold already
Old 24-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #1293
Arch-Supremacy Member

cost ah.....25 degree with the air-con it ownself's fan on....very cold, must wear blanket to sleep.........

and it cools down very fast.....less than 10mins can reach the set temperature liao.........
jialat, if set to 21 deg celsius on the remote and leave it on the whole night can reach this temp or not? or is the lowest it can achieve around 23 deg C only?

i think my old daikin non inverter is better than his inverter mitsubishi
Old 24-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #1294
Arch-Supremacy Member

yup, workmanship not good.........or the other possible reason is gas leak...........
wah, brand new can have gas leak too? he complained the installer didnt even bother to check the gas pressure etc because its brand new
Old 24-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #1295
Supremacy Member

wah, brand new can have gas leak too? he complained the installer didnt even bother to check the gas pressure etc because its brand new
it shld be the flaring part where connect the copper pipe to FCU n to condenser not done properly. or nut not tighten.

or there is joining of 2 pipes, didnt join properly, so got hole, will leak.
Old 24-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #1296
Supremacy Member

it shld be the flaring part where connect the copper pipe to FCU n to condenser not done properly. or nut not tighten.

ya lo why cannot leak? u sua gu ah??????
Old 24-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #1297
Supremacy Member

Old 24-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #1298
Arch-Supremacy Member

good points, will feedback to my friend to use as ammo when mitsubishi technician visit him. although pipes now concealed think hard to check man
Old 24-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #1299
Arch-Supremacy Member

ya lo why cannot leak? u sua gu ah??????
reputable company install mah, thought should at least be working well in the beginning...
Old 24-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #1300
Supremacy Member

reputable company install mah, thought should at least be working well in the beginning...
u "thought" only, nowadays no such thing as brand guarantee service one.........

all big brand also kena pwned by their workman, which their skills are good or not, is not guaranteed one............
Old 25-04-2010, 10:19 AM   #1301

Hi all,

Any one using Panasonic Inverter multi-split CU-3S27JKZ?

When you set your room temp to may be 25degC, fan speed to auto, does your fan coil fan in the room keep cutting in (on) and then out (off, not blowing any wind at all)? I check with Panasonic and they say it is like that. This is unlike my previous Toshiba where the fan continues to run even at the set temp and the temperature of the air coming out is very constant.)

Panasonic advised me to put the fan speed to high or med. This solve the fan stop running problem. However, the temperature of air blowing out from the fan coil can range from 15degree to 25 degree. Is it normal?

Also, it looks like the outdoor compressor keeps cutting in and out, unlike what they say at "low running speed".

I check with someone who has a single split Panasonic Inverter and it does not operate like that (fan speed auto, temp set 25deg and once temp reach, the fan still runs and cool air still coming out from fan coil.)

Is the air con something wrong? Any comment?

Thank you.
Old 25-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #1302
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

When you set your room temp to may be 25degC, fan speed to auto, does your fan coil fan in the room keep cutting in (on) and then out (off, not blowing any wind at all)? I check with Panasonic and they say it is like that. This is unlike my previous Toshiba where the fan continues to run even at the set temp and the temperature of the air coming out is very constant.)

Panasonic advised me to put the fan speed to high or med. This solve the fan stop running problem. However, the temperature of air blowing out from the fan coil can range from 15degree to 25 degree. Is it normal?

Also, it looks like the outdoor compressor keeps cutting in and out, unlike what they say at "low running speed".

I check with someone who has a single split Panasonic Inverter and it does not operate like that (fan speed auto, temp set 25deg and once temp reach, the fan still runs and cool air still coming out from fan coil.)

Thank you.
i think ur aircon got prob ba............my mitsubishi is not like urs.......
Old 25-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #1303
High Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Thank you.

some Panasonic aircon are design to be like that. the manual did said the indoor fan stops occasionally during automatic fan speed setting is to help remove the surrounding odours.
if you dont want the fan to On and Off just select and set the fan speed.
try 1 or 2 bars and set the temp you want. it should be able to cool the whole room well after sometime the aircon running.
Old 25-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #1304
Arch-Supremacy Member

u "thought" only, nowadays no such thing as brand guarantee service one.........

all big brand also kena pwned by their workman, which their skills are good or not, is not guaranteed one............
jialat, like that got any tests or checks that you can make them do after installation to ensure its working fine? not based on cold enough or not as that is quite subjective
Old 25-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #1305
High Supremacy Member

price looks quite gd wit $100 ntuc voucher + upgrade to 1/2" insulation..

To ALL who is going to install new aircon/copper pipe truckin installation:
Do look the copper piping(wit insulation) laid in the trucking b4 cover up. make sure the copper pipe is not popping out. wat i mean is tat the copper pipe is not straight in the truckin, some bends which is over the thickness of the truckin. so therefore when the truckin is cover up, the copper pipe/insulation is against the cover of the truckin. this wil causes the insulation to decrease its thickness, which eventually become flat. at tat time condensation/sweating wil come out at tat area. this wil also cause wastage of electricity.

for mine, i hav already repair it myself many areas which the insulation is flat(which i can c sweating at tat area).
can share how you repair the affected area?
buy new insulation foam and replace?
thank.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.