HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 AM   #1471

$400 is for how long extended warranty? for both indoor and outdoor unit??? Tot ME got 2 years for indoor and 5 years for outdoor?

I think worth it anyway, u can have peace of mind during the coverage period...... Out of warranty liao basically u can only dump away the machine as replacement of part costs big bomb cheaper to buy new one........
$400 is for extension to 5 years. Not sure if it includes outdoor unit but i think it should. Will clarify on that.

ME only give 1 year indoor and 5 year is only for the compressor and not the whole outdoor unit. I think that's standard among all brands.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:32 AM   #1472
High Supremacy Member

for me i believe if the electrical appliances dont give problem during the 1yr warranty period usually they can last for quite a long time so i prefer to save the money for the next new aircon system. after 5~7yrs when the unit aging start to give problem i just go change a brand new system again.
if you willing to spend the extra on the extended warranty by 3rd party just make clear and understand what type of coverage they really cover.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 AM   #1473
Great Supremacy Member

Good morning all,

I am doing a reno on my place and its time to consider the A/C liao...

can you guys let me know which brands are better to avoid and are there any shops or dealers I should be getting quotes from
Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #1474
High Supremacy Member

goot morleng wacky korkor u also looking for A/C ah
Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #1475
High Supremacy Member

goot morleng wacky korkor u also looking for A/C ah
ya roh. i no aircon, cannot tahan de.

but very confused by all the aircons out there. I like the new hitachi based just on its looks but that's probably not the best criteria to choose such an expensive appliance. Also considering panasonic as my parents have been using it for years with no major issues and wacky likes the ion thing they have.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #1476
Great Supremacy Member

but very confused by all the aircons out there. I like the new hitachi based just on its looks but that's probably not the best criteria to choose such an expensive appliance. Also considering panasonic as my parents have been using it for years with no major issues and wacky likes the ion thing they have.
yea.. anyone here got sexperience wib hitachi a/c ?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #1477

Hi there, I was equally undecided whether to go inverter or not. Eventually, I settled for inverter based on the below considerations :

1. Assume a typical 30-40% power saving on your utility bills and work out the ROI needed for inverter investment ( my guage is < 3-4 years and is dependent on your power consumption )
2. Consideration for future bigger family nucleus ( more kids ). Currently my other bedrooms are under utilised but are likely to change soon.
3. Consider Electricity Bills going higher every other year
4. The price difference between inverter and non-inverter

haeyy all..
need your advice here...
if now i use aircon only at nite for 8 to 9 hours..
do i need to get an inverter ??
how much can inverter save compare to normal aircon ?? more than $50/mth ??
if i use only 8-9hours..

thx in advance...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #1478
High Supremacy Member

i also no aircon... for the past 27yrs been sleeping w/o aircon

now wanna improve quality of my life.. so i got myself a Panasonic inverter single split

it comes with the E-ION and patrol sensor...

can't wait for tml~~

hmm most probably u would like to consider a higher BTU if u are buying sys 2 or sys 3... mine only 8530 BTU but its ok, my room is small so it shouldnt take that much time to cool down the whole room... the most is 3-5mins
Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #1479
High Supremacy Member

actually, is it better to get a single inverter aircon for the MBR and upgrade at a later time to 3 multi-split? As I anticipate that only the MBR will use the aircon on most nights and the other 2 rooms will with v light to no usage most of the time.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #1480
High Supremacy Member

i also no aircon... for the past 27yrs been sleeping w/o aircon

now wanna improve quality of my life.. so i got myself a Panasonic inverter single split

it comes with the E-ION and patrol sensor...

can't wait for tml~~

hmm most probably u would like to consider a higher BTU if u are buying sys 2 or sys 3... mine only 8530 BTU but its ok, my room is small so it shouldnt take that much time to cool down the whole room... the most is 3-5mins
i cannot tahan without aircon. think your panasonic is the one that wacky likes
Old 10-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #1481
Great Supremacy Member

i cannot tahan without aircon. think your panasonic is the one that wacky likes
lolz i lived mostly A/C free before i marwee jiejie....
Old 10-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #1482
Suspended

i got system 3 for my bedrooms but now i considering ac for living room. but i dun want to go thru the hassle of installing trunking, so is it weird if i install a window mounted ac in my living room?

Last edited by lovesleeping1981; 10-06-2010 at 11:33 AM..
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #1483
High Supremacy Member

actually, is it better to get a single inverter aircon for the MBR and upgrade at a later time to 3 multi-split? As I anticipate that only the MBR will use the aircon on most nights and the other 2 rooms will with v light to no usage most of the time.
err what the salesman told me was, must plan for future..

Lets say u install single split for MBR, then next 2-3yrs u intend to install another 2 more for the rest of the rooms.. then u might need to dismantle and take out the trunking/pipings and "re locate" the wires and water pipes......

in another words = pay more

another point to take note, lets say ur compressor for single split inverter is 8500-9000 BTU, and next time u wanna "add" in another 1 or 2 more aircon units in the other rooms, u might need to change the whole set again because that 8500-9000 BTU is not enough power for all units.... is under power

correct me if i'm wrong, guys
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #1484
Great Supremacy Member

Lets say u install single split for MBR, then next 2-3yrs u intend to install another 2 more for the rest of the rooms.. then u might need to dismantle and take out the trunking/pipings and "re locate" the wires and water pipes......

another point to take note, lets say ur compressor for single split inverter is 8500-9000 BTU, and next time u wanna "add" in another 1 or 2 more aircon units in the other rooms, u might need to change the whole set again because that 8500-9000 BTU is not enough power for all units.... is under power

sounds logical...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #1485
High Supremacy Member

ok. then 1 shot do all 3 rooms lor.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.