Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are good but i did a research mitshibushi is better... try Hong tai in IMM.. i regret nv get from them... and i regret to get from ALLBEST.. :s27:

Do you really need air con in living room?? or on only weekends?? if only weekends then dun bother ;)

kenloonglow

Reaction score
Hi, is this price quote OK ? StarMEX system 3 Easy Clean $2k, inc installation + stanless steel bracket + installation + 16mm PVC drainage pipe. model: MUX-3B20VB, non-inverter.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kenloonglow said:
Hi, is this price quote OK ? StarMEX system 3 Easy Clean $2k, inc installation + stanless steel bracket + installation + 16mm PVC drainage pipe. model: MUX-3B20VB, non-inverter.

1.6 to 1.7 k can get

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i dunno why so many people buy the 3 diamond brand, i think it's due to advertisement.

Panasonic and other brands are producing much better quality aircon FYI.....

kenloonglow

Reaction score
I think Easy to clean? hehe. Can tell us more Y other brand better and which one u mean - Panasonic (ion-plasma), Fujitsu, Sharp, LG (slim + colorful), Samsung?

Last edited:

art of war

Reaction score
air-con repair

any lobang for air-con repair? recently air-con broke down!!! quote from the air-con repair company is like 500 leh..!!! wah liew.... any suggestion peeps?

sleepnsleep2003

Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
Both are good but i did a research mitshibushi is better... try Hong tai in IMM.. i regret nv get from them... and i regret to get from ALLBEST.. :s27:

Do you really need air con in living room?? or on only weekends?? if only weekends then dun bother ;)

I think you mean Hong Tar right? For those need the contact, do a search 'Hong Tar' in the net and will find the contact.

I bought my system 3 star mex from them, non-inverter 1.9K+ that time almost 1 yr ago. Service very good. They install the things properly and not rushing the work. They will go on-site to check & discuss where to lay the trunking. Arranged another date and will instal it.

Bought Mitshubishi coz it claims to be the quietest aircon at the point when i bought mine. And true enough, I don't find it noisy. I am those who cannot sleep with noise/ sound. Confirm wake up.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow they increase price or air con price went up?? non inverter cost 1.5k abt 1.5 yrs ago inverter only $1.7K ;)

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think weather becoming more and more hot..so aircon price also go up..

I went to IMM last weekend and checked on Allbest and also Besttech, price is around $1838 (gst not in yet)

but after reading singaporebride....I think I better avoid them..haha

as for Mitsubishi...come to think of it...do you really clean the aircon yourself? so what if it's easy clean ?

I think most of us wouldn't bother to clean the aircon until something wrong, and when something wrong, it's too late to clean yourself also...haha

I am thinking of Daikin now...(Daikin makes only Aircon..think about it...)
any review on Daikin ??

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's not worth the money, i have heard enough bad comments about Daikin, although my aunt's place all daikin, no much problem. Think the workmanship is still the key, especially for Daikin brand.

Panasonic is still one of the most durable one. You dun wait until got problem then ask people clean lah, by right you shall clean the filter once every 3-4 months one.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but I think if you asked around...nobody clean one..or at least 90% of the pple..

mitsubishi got give free lesson on how to clean ??

iMbEst

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiyo, basic cleaning is just to take out the filter, wash it, dry it, then put back lah. If you want sophisticated cleaning, you shall engage the pro.....later spoil your aircon how?

90%? or "majority"? i dun think it's 90% lor.

blackslayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi better bah.. my 2 living rooms..and 4 rooms. all Mitsubishi. their inverter strong and powerful..

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun buy from allbest or what best one.. all the same boss their workmanship is lousy... I would choose mitsubishi or daikin for aircon... panasonic is national last time which is very very good but now the quality is not as good as national and the compressor are noisy..

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went to so many places recommended by friends...natural cool..hongtar...and some no company one..
their quotation is scary..

and know what? I ordered from All best (sharp system 3)...

wish me "all the best" ?? :)

mailmail

Reaction score
must avoid ALL BEST at all cost. brought a system 3 LG non-inverter from them about 2 yrs ago.now always giving me this sweating problem(water vapor on the air con pipe casing)
the aircon piping is route from my master bed room to my room n the sweating effect came when master bed room never on the aircon.call all best technician to take a look n they say it normal cos master bedroom never on air con so the room is hot where the air con pipe is cold so water vapor form.rubbish lah that mean if i on air con on my room my master bed room also must on lor.i believe if the insulation of the air con piping is good this will never happen lor. so i find the installation of the air con is very very important then the brand.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you did not conceal your air con pipe ? or are you referring to the Air con Duct??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.