HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

Like Tree269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2019, 06:56 PM   #3301

I missed out one more question, can anyone help to advice if the vendor save on wiring and use not pure 100% copper but copper mixed with aluminium? Before flu malfunction? When they on site to install how do we know if pure copper wiring?
iberis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #3302

Anyone has experience with solar aircon. I saw one of Sengkang Cc uses solar aircon and quite good in coldness. Up vendor said no system 3 but only system 2. But when I almost want to install normal aircon, one of other solar aircon vendor came and said going to quote me solar system 3.

Anyone uses it? Will share quote if I received from them soon.
Old 13-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #3303
Master Member

The better arrangement is put 1 living room and 1 bedroom. Then another 2 bedrooms together.

Pick one 24k but fcu and 9k fcu for living room and bedroom. Pair with a 25k compressor.

Then the other 2 bedrooms 9k and 9k.pair with a 20k btu compressor.

If can afford.

20k compressor A. Pair with 12k living room and 1x 9k bedroom
20k compressor b. Pair with another 12k living room and 2 x9k bedroom.

On a hindsight, it's all back to economy sense.
Can afford, better to put the single compressor to a single blower or two for living room and dining area or kitchen.
The other 3 concentrate on BRs.

Of course you may say not all will on at the same time, then go for a single compressor.
BanEle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #3304

For Mitsubishi Electric or Heavy industries, which retailer would be recommended? Gain City, Best Denki, Courts etc.? In terms of installation wise, which one is better?
ichinisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #3305
Master Member

May I know how much did u guys normally set what air con Celsius cos my air con new ard 6 months u on at 22 c like not normal air. Also may I know did u guys set fan mode with ac running? Set fan Auto or set at lowest?
Nemesismaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #3306
High Supremacy Member

Main board for my almost 8 year old Fujitsu system 3 AC spoilt.

Aircon service guy recommend this set up @ $2900

Is it good enough for 3 bed rooms? Or do i need to upsize the compressor?

Or go for something else totally?

Last edited by JAson1980; 14-08-2019 at 10:28 AM..
JAson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #3307
Master Member

If all 3 rooms are turn on at the same time, it may take slightly longer for all the rooms to be cooled.

If 2 rooms are turn on most of the time, it is good enough.

Or, you can turn on 2 rooms, wait 15 min to turn on the other air con in the last room.

If you wish to use it during the day time too, it is likely good enough for 2 room max.

This setup is modest in term of coldness.

Main board for my almost 8 year old Fujitsu system 3 AC spoilt.

Aircon service guy recommend this set up @ $2900

Is it good enough for 3 bed rooms? Or do i need to upsize the compressor?

Or go for something else totally?
Old 14-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #3308

For Mitsubishi Electric or Heavy industries, which retailer would be recommended? Gain City, Best Denki, Courts etc.? In terms of installation wise, which one is better?
installed my heavy industries with newway a few years back and works very well till now.

Also bought the new heavy industries 5 ticks from them for my grandma's house in march. looks better than my current model and works great!

as a mech engineer, i think their product knowledge and workmanship is better compared to normal retailers. you get more solid advice than sales talk i feel.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:46 PM   #3309
High Supremacy Member

If all 3 rooms are turn on at the same time, it may take slightly longer for all the rooms to be cooled.

If 2 rooms are turn on most of the time, it is good enough.

Or, you can turn on 2 rooms, wait 15 min to turn on the other air con in the last room.

If you wish to use it during the day time too, it is likely good enough for 2 room max.

This setup is modest in term of coldness.

Thanks, i notice that there are 3 models, FN10VE, FN13VE and FN18VE doe sit mean i can choose which indoor unit i want?

Will it work better if i upsize the compressor from MXY-3G28VA2 to MXY-4G38VA2 Outdoor Unit, does it work this way?
Old 14-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #3310

Hi, does anyone know if there is a bend through the wall to another room, is it avoidable that they have to cut the pipe at the bend and not able to use bender tool?

Also vendors told me use flared joint is possible to leak, not necessarily blazed joint with vacuum clean is weaker then flared joint? True or false?
Old 14-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #3311
Master Member

My opinion is assuming all 3 rooms are FN10. FN10 is good enough for the bedrooms.

If you upsize the compressor, it is likely you want to push the desired temp to 18 deg or use it during day time or you just want a very cold room by spending a bit more.

Thanks, i notice that there are 3 models, FN10VE, FN13VE and FN18VE doe sit mean i can choose which indoor unit i want?

Will it work better if i upsize the compressor from MXY-3G28VA2 to MXY-4G38VA2 Outdoor Unit, does it work this way?
Old 14-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #3312
High Supremacy Member

My opinion is assuming all 3 rooms are FN10. FN10 is good enough for the bedrooms.

If you upsize the compressor, it is likely you want to push the desired temp to 18 deg or use it during day time or you just want a very cold room by spending a bit more.

Thanks for the recommendation,

Yes you are correct, it is for 3 bedrooms.

No, i do not want 18 deg for my rooms. I am looking at the upsized compressor because it is the spec of my current fujitsu one. I am looking for a faster cooling of my bedrooms as i only switch on the AC max 30 mins before i go to sleep. Not sure if it will work as I had imagined it to be.

Last edited by JAson1980; 14-08-2019 at 03:44 PM..
JAson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #3313

I would choose Gain City/Courts, don't think I will go with HN
annecharrisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #3314

26 deg c for me. Aircon is darn cold. Installed in June 2019. Toshiba. Never used fan mode coz if too cold I turn on ceiling fan.

May I know how much did u guys normally set what air con Celsius cos my air con new ard 6 months u on at 22 c like not normal air. Also may I know did u guys set fan mode with ac running? Set fan Auto or set at lowest?
manofsorrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #3315
Master Member

The pic showed that the compressor is connected to a 14k fcu and 2x 9k fcu.

It explains why they provide a higher compressor. It can allow the 14k and 9k fcus to turn on at the same time.

It really depends on your usage, room environment, budget shall you want to upgrade to a stronger compressor.

My opinion is. Sg very hot. It only get hotter. So a stronger compressor will provide a better experience in the long run. You don't want to feel ai ya, should have get a stronger compressor. The room still not cool enough.

Thanks for the recommendation,

Yes you are correct, it is for 3 bedrooms.

No, i do not want 18 deg for my rooms. I am looking at the upsized compressor because it is the spec of my current fujitsu one. I am looking for a faster cooling of my bedrooms as i only switch on the AC max 30 mins before i go to sleep. Not sure if it will work as I had imagined it to be.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.