Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also using starmex now after changing from daikin, cos daikin cannot take out blower for DIY.

Can take out the blower for daikin.

But must remove the PCB first. So a bit more hassle for the maintenance guy.

Even if you don't DIY, I doubt any contractor will remove the blower.

Thus, cleaning will not be thorough enough.

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Can take out the blower for daikin.

But must remove the PCB first. So a bit more hassle for the maintenance guy.

Even if you don't DIY, I doubt any contractor will remove the blower.

Thus, cleaning will not be thorough enough.

https://youtu.be/lb4IPi2hZwk
This video shoes how to remove the blower and partial removal of the drain pan for daikin fcu model without removing the PCB

shaoyuan

Reaction score
question on air conditioner. i have 2 air con units in my condo living room but the living room is not that big in the first place. does it save more electricity to just on one unit or on both units at the same time with the same settings. i believe both are connected to the same compressor.

This question quite hard to answer you, turning on 2 FCU definitely consumer more electricity than 1, but turning on 1 FCU might not be sufficient to cool down the room load? If 1 can do the job, of cause just turn on 1, you will save electricity but the difference would not be significant.

shaoyuan

Reaction score
If you want more "mature" model, go for starmex GE series (2-tick). These were formerly the 4-ticks model under the older NEA label standards from many years ago. The starmex that you see spammed everywhere in ads today is the FN series (5-tick)

Starmex 2 Ticks already discontinued already. Only some contractor have remaining stock left. Take note guys!

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
Starmex 2 Ticks already discontinued already. Only some contractor have remaining stock left. Take note guys!
It's still available, I contacted mitsubishi directly recently to enquire since I needed that specific model. But most aircon retailers don't keep stock for it anymore so need to special order. I've ordered mine through my aircon contractor, waiting time estimated around 2 months.

shaoyuan

Reaction score
It's still available, I contacted mitsubishi directly recently to enquire since I needed that specific model. But most aircon retailers don't keep stock for it anymore so need to special order. I've ordered mine through my aircon contractor, waiting time estimated around 2 months.

ok just take note, NEA registered database goods already no more 2 ticks mutli-split for Mitsubishi models.

https://e-services.nea.gov.sg/els/Pages/Search/PublicSearchProduct.aspx?param=goods&type=p

ChaosPaladin

Reaction score
This question quite hard to answer you, turning on 2 FCU definitely consumer more electricity than 1, but turning on 1 FCU might not be sufficient to cool down the room load? If 1 can do the job, of cause just turn on 1, you will save electricity but the difference would not be significant.

thanks for the answer. i have turned on 1 and it is sufficient to cool down the whole room. or at least i feel it is cool enough.

just wondering whether turning on 2 will save electricity as each one does not work tt hard. guess it is not the case. thanks for the reply!

Aristarchus

Reaction score
Hi all, need some help with aircon installation here as I am totally new to it.
Which will be a better choice - Daikin iSmile Series or Mitsuibishi Starmex FN series?

Will it be better to purchase via installer? Or buy from authorised dealers and have them to install? What is the difference?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need some help with aircon installation here as I am totally new to it.
Which will be a better choice - Daikin iSmile Series or Mitsuibishi Starmex FN series?

Will it be better to purchase via installer? Or buy from authorised dealers and have them to install? What is the difference?

This is just my personal preference.

I purchased a Starmex from GC.

It is my 2nd purchase in 10 years from them. I am happy with their installation. But the 2nd time, I didn't opt for the extended warranty.

Why Starmex? It is the easiest to DIY clean.

Aristarchus

Reaction score
This is just my personal preference.

I purchased a Starmex from GC.

It is my 2nd purchase in 10 years from them. I am happy with their installation. But the 2nd time, I didn't opt for the extended warranty.

Why Starmex? It is the easiest to DIY clean.

Thanks for sharing! Did you take up the maintenance contract with GC as well?

Typical_Syed

Reaction score
9k or 12k BTU

Hi everyone, i'm relatively new here, i need help on choosing which aircon should i get for my house. My house is 2 room, BTO house & the sq. meter for my living room is roughly 40sqm. Should i get the Panasonic Skywing 9000BTU or 12000BTU. I intend to install facing the living room window and my bedroom. I'm considering to install a partition to seperate the living room from the kitchen so the cold air won't escape through the kitchen as it circulate within my small living room & bedroom. A reply would be appreciative, experts may voice out yr opinions, thanks!

aggressiveluck

Reaction score
You won't really have an answer. The label itself does not have much meaning. It will be surprising for many that even the 2 ticks Mitsubishi Air-conditioning is more energy saving than the 5 ticks one. So, it might be better if you base your decision on other factors instead.

jwxc2020

Reaction score
Additional FCU at living room

Hi guys. I am living in HDB 4 room. Looking to install one more aircon at my living room. I am currently using Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 3 (less than 5 years) for my master room and 2 bedrooms. May I seek advice on what is the best way to implement additional aircon for living room?

1. Is there a need to introduce additional compressor for the additional aircon at living room?
2. Any good contractors / aircon service contractors to recommend?
3. Approx how much will the cost be? Since there is a need to hack the walls through the toilet and living room walls.

Appreciate any advice!

Last edited:

CleanWorthy

Reaction score

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LetsCool very professional, along this ** period, I was updated with new timeline for the installation after the ** period. Really looking forward to their installation.

JacLing75

Reaction score
hi all, need help/advice please.
My current sys 3 Fujitsu Aircon of 8yrs is blinking red and green, no longer cools the air.
i have two bedrooms and one living room. Rather tight space. M considering between Misubishi starmex and toshiba youme.
Should I buy from gain city? toshiba 9+12+12 is $3185. Should I change the gas pipe for $1350? I was advised I should change it in case there is issue. How would I know if it has issue now? If I don’t change gas pipe then I’ll have to get starmex instead.
Also, should I buy extended 4yrs warranty?
Looking forward to replies.
Thank you.

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My system 3 starmex aircon suddenly have no power. All 3 FCU dows not have any power. Switching on/ off the power plug in the master bedroom does not help. Pls advise.

Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.