Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Hi,

My system 3 starmex aircon suddenly have no power. All 3 FCU dows not have any power. Switching on/ off the power plug in the master bedroom does not help. Pls advise.

Thanks

No power to everything, did you check your circuit breaker?

shaoyuan

Reaction score
hi all, need help/advice please.
My current sys 3 Fujitsu Aircon of 8yrs is blinking red and green, no longer cools the air.
i have two bedrooms and one living room. Rather tight space. M considering between Misubishi starmex and toshiba youme.
Should I buy from gain city? toshiba 9+12+12 is $3185. Should I change the gas pipe for $1350? I was advised I should change it in case there is issue. How would I know if it has issue now? If I don’t change gas pipe then I’ll have to get starmex instead.
Also, should I buy extended 4yrs warranty?
Looking forward to replies.
Thank you.

Your message quite confusing but here is what I understand.

For piping that has already been 8 years, its recommended to change a new set of pipes. Who knows what happen to your Fujitsu system, it might gas leak that cause system failure. That's why not blowing out cold air.

Then again if you think you want to reuse the pipe. The only way to check your existing pipe condition is, after dismantling the old units, pressure test for 48 hours and see if there is any leak. If no leak you can use back the pipe, if got leak you need to change new pipe.

This takes time and is costly and also downtime for your house aircon is 2 days. Market rate charging arnd 200+? Risk is you spend additional 200+ if pipe got issued.

Not sure why you say if not changing pipe you go for starmex. But Toshiba YouMe is first 5 ticks R32 multi split ac system in singapore. Just for your info, by 2022 all r410a model will stop selling. So sooner or later all will be using R32 gas. Their new model allow removal of vertical lourver so you can clean the fan blower. For higher level diy cleaning, the drain pan and blower also can easily remove.

starmex has a stronger support in service and cleaning has always been easy. So depends on price, promotion, go for the one that is most value for money.

For extended warranty, please make sure cover all parts, transport, labour and refrigerant gas. If not dont bother. Because they will charge u ridiculous price for everything else to cover their cost.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest those >6 years aircon better change all the pipes when installing new aircon system, you don’t want to get problem later after installation.

mkaung2000

Reaction score
Hi,

My system 3 starmex aircon suddenly have no power. All 3 FCU dows not have any power. Switching on/ off the power plug in the master bedroom does not help. Pls advise.

Thanks
How old is your air con?
Do you have multimeter?
Check volatage at breaker.
Something like this.
xool-aircon-power.png

Last edited:

mkaung2000

Reaction score
Mine is the old hdb without the Aircon ledge. There is no breaker near the compressor.
Oh... Then, it's hard to troubleshoot.
If all 3 FCU have no power, it's very likely that there is no power to the outdoor unit[compressor].
A few years back, I encountered same issue. No power at my all 3 FCU.
My aircon installer used very small wire[same as those to FCU] for compressor and the wire burnt out/broken.
I ended up replacing them with 2 bigger ones.

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh... Then, it's hard to troubleshoot.
If all 3 FCU have no power, it's very likely that there is no power to the outdoor unit[compressor].
A few years back, I encountered same issue. No power at my all 3 FCU.
My aircon installer used very small wire[same as those to FCU] for compressor and the wire burnt out/broken.
I ended up replacing them with 2 bigger ones.

Thanks. So any Aircon serviceman to recommend me or should I call mitsubishi to repair?

macdonalds109

Reaction score
Hi, i am a senior citizen and would like to ask for everyone kind advise here. Currently my 4rm have only 1 single split installed in the master bedroom. My 2 other rooms don't have aircon because my 2 children don't like to use aircon. But because of the circuit breaker, they work from home now but in the afternoon it get quite hot because of direct afternoon sun. Because this Covic 19 my company closed and I lost my job so on tight budget. I am think to install a window aircon at the small square window lourve on the wall but the aircon shop owner say hdb not approved. Can anyone advise if the window unit be installed on top of the sliding window? Thanks

Last edited:

blade39

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Aircon split type 3 system.

Symptom as follow.

Two problem units not responding to remote and to physical button press.

Work around is to turn off the breaker for around 15min and turn on breaker again. They will response and work OK.
If 3 to 4 days no turn them on. They will be "dead" again.

Have been using this work around to keep them going, untill this week where they completely don't response. Seem really spoil.

Anyone has the same issue previously and got it repaired? Get recommend the service person?

Is it indoor unit PCB board uplorry?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am a senior citizen and would like to ask for everyone kind advise here. Currently my 4rm have only 1 single split installed in the master bedroom. My 2 other rooms don't have aircon because my 2 children don't like to use aircon. But because of the circuit breaker, they work from home now but in the afternoon it get quite hot because of direct afternoon sun. Because this Covic 19 my company closed and I lost my job so on tight budget. I am think to install a window aircon at the small square window lourve on the wall but the aircon shop owner say hdb not approved. Can anyone advise if the window unit be installed on top of the sliding window? Thanks

I doubt you can install on top of the sliding window. It poses a safety hazard without the proper bracket.

Probably just get a 2nd hand aircon from carousell? They can supply and install.

Alternatively and worst case scenario, just buy a portable aircon.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So any Aircon serviceman to recommend me or should I call mitsubishi to repair?

I suggest you engage a local and experience technician. Someone who dares to troubleshoot to components level.

Don't engage from aircon contractors. These technicians don't deal with components level.

They will probably suggest to buy a new one.

simnonsg

Reaction score
Hi all,

Aircon split type 3 system.

Symptom as follow.

Two problem units not responding to remote and to physical button press.

Work around is to turn off the breaker for around 15min and turn on breaker again. They will response and work OK.
If 3 to 4 days no turn them on. They will be "dead" again.

Have been using this work around to keep them going, untill this week where they completely don't response. Seem really spoil.

Anyone has the same issue previously and got it repaired? Get recommend the service person?

Is it indoor unit PCB board uplorry?

I have a similar issue with my system 2 just last week.

Suggest you open up the electrical panel to see if there is blue wire burned inside.
The aircon circuit breaker will not trip when the blue or neutral wire is burned due to some abnormality of the aircon so reset it make no difference

I open up the electrical panel and found the aircon blue wire burned, remove the burn part and put back into the original terminal.
Turn on aircon circuit breaker and the system works and running for the past week.
I also open up the electrical box of outdoor unit and 2 FCU and find all the cables in good condition.

No idea what is the real cause though

simnonsg

Reaction score
I check the circuit breaker in the living room. There is no trip. There was also no cut in power supply for the other appliances

Suggest you open the electrical panel to check if neutral wire of aircon burned.
If burned, do cut burned part and strip a portion of the wire and insert back to terminal, then turn on circuit breaker to see if it works.

Also check the main switch of the aircon system to see if neutral wire is burned.

blade39

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my system 2 just last week.

Suggest you open up the electrical panel to see if there is blue wire burned inside.
The aircon circuit breaker will not trip when the blue or neutral wire is burned due to some abnormality of the aircon so reset it make no difference

I open up the electrical panel and found the aircon blue wire burned, remove the burn part and put back into the original terminal.
Turn on aircon circuit breaker and the system works and running for the past week.
I also open up the electrical box of outdoor unit and 2 FCU and find all the cables in good condition.

No idea what is the real cause though
Electrical panel of indoor aircon unit?

ComputerTime

Reaction score
Replacing my Aircon

Hi,

I wish to replace my closed to 20 years Starmex system 4.

1) Which aircon model is recommended now? Still Starmex from Mitsubishi Heavy Industry?

2) Where shall I go for purchase and install?
3) I should also change the pipes?
4) If I wish to change the location of 1 outlet, they will need to raise request for HDB for approval? And how much will it cost?

Regards.

petetherock

Reaction score
Starmex is different from MHI.
You should replace everything.
I used a private contractor, but Gain City has been mentioned a few times, so that's a good place to begin for a HDB solution.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.