Air conditioning - Any recommendations please?? - Part 2

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to do some research to replace my current 2012 Mitsubishi R410 (1st gen) System 3.

Did my research based on the typical indoor 9k+9k+9k & outdoor: 28k.

Model
Indoor FCU
kw
btu​
Outdoor
kw: rated (min-max)
btu: rated (min-max)​
Remarks
Mitsubishi R410
(Current and spoil)
MSY-GE10VAMXY-3A28VA
7.5 (2.9-8.9)
25591 (9895-30368)
Mitsubishi R32MSXY-FP10VGMXY-3H28VG
6.5 (1.3 - 8.9)
22179, (4436-30368)
Mitsubishi R410MSXY-FN10VEMXY-3G28VA
6.0 (1.3 - 8.9)
20473, (4435-30368)
Current market model phasing out soon. Seems underpowered. But not much of feedback, except of frequent faulty PCB.
Toshiba R32RASM10U2KCVGSG1RAS3M31U2ACVGSG
6.0 (2.50 - 7.50)
20473, (8530-25591)
FCU seems underpowered. But so far, review here has been all positive.
Daikin R32CTKM25VVMGMKM75VVMG
6.0 (1.6 - 9.4)
20473, (5459-32074)
Panasonic R410CS-MXS9UKZ
CS-MXS9XKZ
CU3XS27UKZ
5.10 (2.40 - 8.90)
17402, (8189-30368)
Way underpowered.

As I am currently on Mitsubishi 1st gen R410, I bought the new R32 model. And it out of stock 4 days after I paid.:ROFLMAO:
Was offered refund, or change model.

And so, I asked the opinion from Technician instead of Salesman.

Was advised against getting MHI and FJS due to the complexity to remove blower for servicing.

When I asked what about Panasonic and Toshiba, was shared that FCU is brittle and prone to rust.
But for Toshiba, it has more durable compressor.
Daikin was put down totally by repairman :censored:

Thus, I picked Toshiba R32.
Hope for the best.
Hi why Daikin why put down by Technician ? what the reason?

i am thinking of Daikin, Mitsubishi and Toshiba youme 2.0 series

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know this? which one use more electricity? room size is 6.5m X 4m

Does higher capacity BTU (21k) at Temp (24c to 25c) vs lower capacity BTU (12k) at Temp (24c to 25c) ?

Last edited:

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi why Daikin why put down by Technician ? what the reason?

i am thinking of Daikin, Mitsubishi and Toshiba youme 2.0 series

Daikin
Hi there. They share to me, in their personal opinion that the quality and material used are not as good as the past.
Certain things, you use hand touch you also know good or lousy.
Not one, not two, but quite 3 different technician shared to me.
Their 3 ticks was fine, 4 ticks was horrible, 5 ticks mixed review.
But I must say their MKS (current R410) series is quite cold and strong.

Mitsubishi
No doubt, all technician support doing Mitsubishi Electric (ME), but not Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI). They are totally 2 different things.
Material is good and easy to service (duh servicing is their job).
Looking at the specs, ME seems to have the highest performance figure.
The FN (current R410) series seems to have a few feedback of premature PCB failure on the compressor.
Do note that the Thailand factory is facing crunch in parts to assemble the latest R32 model.

Mitsubishi is great. Myself, I am using a half-dead 1st gen R410 Mitsubishi installed in 2012.
Compressor control PCB failed. FCU on 1 of the rooms was neglected and also beyond chemical cleaning.
Blame it on my family's poor effort to maintain the FCU.
As for the compressor, I do wonder if it's due to west sun directly attacking my compressor. My 2nd compressor to fail after my 14 yrs old Sanyo calling it a day (valve jammed).

Others
Other brand MIC and MIK, I didn't bother to research.
MIJ brand still my preferred but I avoid Sharp and Hitachi as I don't think A/C is their forte. Fujitsu I had bad experience with them.
As for Panasonic, many friends and relative uses them, but I have never felt they are cold enough as compared to the rest.

Toshiba
So, I settled with Toshiba, installing end of this month. I am eager.. (also, a brand I nv thought I would buy)
Playing at the demo set (at our most popular aircon company.. the yellow colour), I was very impressed with what's blown to my face.
Hear the salesman talk talk a bit, I see see and compare compare..touch touch..
The blower is very big, the fins is close to each other, as compared to other same btu model.
Even the air filter gives me a different feel. You should open up and take a look and feel.
However, Toshiba has the lowest cooling capacity on paper amongst all other brand in it's similar spec/category. But, the moment I turned it on, the air is cold immediately. The highest wind is stronger than many other brand's highest wind.

And again, reviews by other users in this thread since 2019 this model was introduced, has been positive and managable.

The only thing I suspect why it's not selling as popular as Panasonic, it's the highest price tag of Toshiba. (tips: They giving $150 capital land voucher now).

Servicing
-I believe that getting an aircon that is easily serviceable is imperative.
Such as the ease of pulling out the blower tube for proper wash.
People may argues that this is the job of the technician, why we worry!
But hey, make their job easier, you things get done better, and don't bend your fins unnecessarily.
For this, all technician shared with me that MHI and Fujitsu's blower is very hard to pull out. Both brand are very focused on it's fins design (to make it cooler) but they forgot about the blower.
I also forced myself to buy servicing packing so I will service my aircon periodically to avoid premature failure.

Above is my personal analysis and opinion for the choice I made. People who disagree with me, please feel free to share but don't flame me.

Last edited:

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know this? which one use more electricity? room size is 6.5m X 4m

Does higher capacity BTU (21k) at Temp (24c to 25c) vs lower capacity BTU (12k) at Temp (24c to 25c) ?

I think 12k btu is underpowered for your size.
compressor end up running non-stop, defeating the purpose of inverter.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin
Hi there. They share to me, in their personal opinion that the quality and material used are not as good as the past.

Mitsubishi
No doubt, all technician support doing Mitsubishi Electric (ME), but not Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI). They are totally 2 different things.
Material is good and easy to service (duh servicing is their job).
Looking at the specs, ME seems to have the highest performance figure.
The FN (current R410) series seems to have a few feedback of premature PCB failure on the compressor.
Do note that the Thailand factory is facing crunch in parts to assemble the latest R32 model.

Mitsubishi is great. Myself, I am using a half-dead 1st gen R410 Mitsubishi installed in 2012.
Compressor control PCB failed. FCU on 1 of the rooms was neglected and also beyond chemical cleaning.
Blame it on my family's poor effort to maintain the FCU.
As for the compressor, I do wonder if it's due to west sun directly attacking my compressor. My 2nd compressor to fail after my 14 yrs old Sanyo calling it a day (valve jammed).

Others
Other brand MIC and MIK, I didn't bother to research.
MIJ brand still my preferred but I avoid Sharp and Hitachi as I don't think A/C is their forte. Fujitsu I had bad experience with them.
As for Panasonic, many friends and relative uses them, but I have never felt they are cold enough as compared to the rest.

Toshiba
So, I settled with Toshiba, installing end of this month. I am eager.. (also, a brand I nv thought I would buy)
Playing at the demo set (at our most popular aircon company.. the yellow colour), I was very impressed with what's blown to my face.
Hear the salesman talk talk a bit, I see see and compare compare..
The blower is very big, the fins is close to each other, as compared to other same btu model.
Even the air filter gives me a different feel. You should open up and take a look and feel.
However, Toshiba has the lowest cooling capacity on paper amongst all other brand in it's similar spec/category. But, the moment I turned it on, the air is cold immediately. The highest wind is stronger than many other brand's highest wind.

The only thing I suspect why it's not selling as popular as Panasonic, it's the highest price tag of Toshiba. (tips: They giving $150 capital land voucher now).

Servicing
-I believe that getting an aircon that is easily serviceable is imperative.
Such as the ease of pulling out the blower tube for proper wash.
People may argues that this is the job of the technician, why we worry!
But hey, make their job easier, you things get done better, and don't bend your fins unnecessarily.
For this, all technician shared with me that MHI and Fujitsu's blower is very hard to pull out. Both brand are very focused on it's fins design (to make it cooler) but they forgot about the blower.
I also forced myself to buy servicing packing so I will service my aircon periodically to avoid premature failure.

Above is my personal analysis and opinion for the choice I made. People who disagree with me, please feel free to share but don't flame me.
thanks for sharing this, i will go with Mitsubishi Electric then toshiba. Hopefully the stock will be back to normal in Q2 2023. i selected ME as 1st choice cause easy to clean for me

one more thing on toshiba youme series, it seem their FCU dont show the rated cap.
https://www.toshiba-aircon.com.sg/you_me_2.aspx
How do you check it the indoor rated cap.?

thank you

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think 12k btu is underpowered for your size.
compressor end up running non-stop, defeating the purpose of inverter.
say if 12k is enough for my room, based on my size which will be your choice
1 condenser with 1 FCU (21k BTU)
1 condenser with 2 FCU (12k X 9k BTU)

thank you

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing this, i will go with Mitsubishi Electric then toshiba. Hopefully the stock will be back to normal in Q2 2023. i selected ME as 1st choice cause easy to clean for me

one more thing on toshiba youme series, it seem their FCU dont show the rated cap.
https://www.toshiba-aircon.com.sg/you_me_2.aspx
How do you check it the indoor rated cap.?

thank you

Given the current pandemic situation, I am sure Mitsibishi's supply chain will be back to normal.

As for Toshiba's rating..

refer to pg 18 of their catalogue.. https://www.toshiba-aircon.com.sg/catalogues/Toshiba IMS YouMe 2.0 Catalogue_June 2021.pdf

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
ME aircon now no stock serious?
R32 no stock.
410 still have.

I bought already, then 3 days later tell me no shipment coming in.
was offered refund or change brand.
bopian. how other customer take it idk. but for me, i don't mind toshiba.

from our popular yellow aircon store

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
say if 12k is enough for my room, based on my size which will be your choice
1 condenser with 1 FCU (21k BTU)
1 condenser with 2 FCU (12k X 9k BTU)

thank you

1 x 21k.
1 fcu will always use lesser electric than 2 fcu.

the same reason why some people go for one giant fcu in living room over 2 small fcu.

gohsj89

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks you
subjective to the shape of your room, and placement of the FCU.

square/rectangle, 1 FCU usually ok.
L shape room, can consider to have 2 FCU.

In anyway, 2 FCU will help to even out the cool air throughout the room.

it boils down to what you want.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
subjective to the shape of your room, and placement of the FCU.

square/rectangle, 1 FCU usually ok.
L shape room, can consider to have 2 FCU.

In anyway, 2 FCU will help to even out the cool air throughout the room.

it boils down to what you want.
mine is rectangle so 1 fcu should be ok af first wanted 2 condenser around 12k btu each so my ac nv break down but decide to go for 1 20k btu

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin
It’s normal for technicians to tell customers not to get Daikin, because the commission/profit is very low for them. Unlike in the past, they were comparable with ME. Using tactics like pointing material aren’t good is a common marketing technique, but as a consumer, you got to know what you’re after, so not to fall for such traps.

Likewise in 2020, I was looking for quotations from many renowned installers, ALL OF THEM pushed for ME as they can earn more. But I insisted on getting iSmile System 4 (MKS80TVMG / CTKS25TVMG / CTKS35TVMG) and till date, it is very strong and cold. And surprised how little electricity it requires, my monthly bill is quite consistent. I had it maintained 4 times a year.

Before changing to iSmile System 4, I was already a Daikin user, the old non-inverter model lasted 15 years.

gary.yee

Reaction score
I have recently service my aircon due to water leaking from the unit itself.
First appointment made and they do a normal cleaning including vacuum the water drainage pipe from the aircon side. after the left the aircon still leaking. I have to contact them to re-visit and they told me over the phone maybe need to overhaul.

Second service done by overhaul (last minute ask to clean my compressor due to many dust cover on it), after they left for about 30mins, I noticed the box near to the aircon unit is leaking water. When I unbox it to check, it seems condensation...the area covering with the electrical tape.

Contact them again the 3rd time, and they said need to send people down to check again.
I hope anyone here with good knowledge can share with me what should I ask them to look at and potentially where goes wrong? So at least when they are here, I know what to tell them to check in stead of they do multiple time still not fixing my problem.

Thanks in advance with any help.
aircon.jpg

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have recently service my aircon due to water leaking from the unit itself.
First appointment made and they do a normal cleaning including vacuum the water drainage pipe from the aircon side. after the left the aircon still leaking. I have to contact them to re-visit and they told me over the phone maybe need to overhaul.

Second service done by overhaul (last minute ask to clean my compressor due to many dust cover on it), after they left for about 30mins, I noticed the box near to the aircon unit is leaking water. When I unbox it to check, it seems condensation...the area covering with the electrical tape.

Contact them again the 3rd time, and they said need to send people down to check again.
I hope anyone here with good knowledge can share with me what should I ask them to look at and potentially where goes wrong? So at least when they are here, I know what to tell them to check in stead of they do multiple time still not fixing my problem.

Thanks in advance with any help.
aircon.jpg

What is under the black leaking tape? Is it electrical wiring or refrigerant tube?

Did you get the aircon man to check the gas pressure?

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
I’ve been cleaning the air filter myself and wiping the fan blades .. that’s it
Did that for years in my old system my air one were still a okay after a decade ..

SpecialSG

Reaction score
Hello guys . if i would like to shift the location of the air conditioning in my room. Any advisor or contractor TIA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.