Air purifier? - Part 2

Alwaysb

Reaction score
By the way, i bought the spare filter together with the maxhine and its like 1 yr old already. Do you suggest that i should change? Will the spare filter lost its effectiveness after keeping so long? Its still sealed

No real hard and fast rule on the frequency of change. If you are living beside some real dusty area like right beside a main road, expressway, slip road/viaduct, construction site, you could be changing every 4-6 months. That's the stuff that'd slip past the prefilters.

Else as long as there is no real drop in airflow, it isn't critical here in SG.

Watch out for any mold growth though, though it's very unlikely in most rooms.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using this guy. This is the same size, but with 45mm depth, only the HEPA media. Airflow speed is like 80-90% of the original Samsung filter despite the deeper depth (deeper pleats). So for sure the CADR would suffer somewhat.
Original samsung HEP portion is like 38mm, with 10mm depth for the activated charcoal.

RMB 115. So basically ~ SGD 30 after factoring in shipping + packaging.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-1526560714.10.gZRvjN&id=522668837488

edit - i think you better aliwangwang him for details. Coz i think this rmb 115 price is 45mm depth HEPA filter. The details also show a black AC layer, in which case he'd probably spec either 30mm or 35mm depth for the HEPA, and the rest for the activated carbon layer.

Thank you Sir

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bump this post for those who dunno

There are 3 types of XiaoMi Air Purifier filters.

1. Blue normal type
2. Green enhanced type
3. Purple antibacterial type

All can be used in Gen1/Gen2/Pro.

A brief description of all the 3 types could be found in this listing.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/XIAOMI-RE...ER-FILTER-USE-APP-CHECK-AIR-QUALITY/437413356

Disclaimer: Not asking to buy from this one cos' may not the cheapest u could find and currently they only have stock for the blue original filter in their listing.

Last edited:

android

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking for a xiaomi air purifier..anybody can advise me what is the difference between gen 1 and gen2? Where to get the beat deal now?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
search the thread. someone list out the difference of gen1 gen2 and pro

cos he own all 3.

qoo10 lazada with coupons and discounts for deals.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am looking to purchase the Sharp Air Ionizer comparing the FU-A28E & FU-Y30E & FP-F30E.

Anyone using Sharp Air Ionizer and any recommendations, thanks. =:p

godspeed1208

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone can tell me which is a good brand or model for cleaning cigarette smoke and odor? Yesterday i bought a novita 620 but not impressed with it and now i'm looking at sharp air purifiers as they seem to have odor sensor...

Also novita claim that it produce negative ions to keep the air fresh but i don't feel that freshness(maybe it's just me). And there is blueair which claims it can clean air at 0.1 level.

So anyone can tell me which is the recommend air purifier for cigarette smoke/odor?

Thanks

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone can tell me which is a good brand or model for cleaning cigarette smoke and odor? Yesterday i bought a novita 620 but not impressed with it and now i'm looking at sharp air purifiers as they seem to have odor sensor...

Also novita claim that it produce negative ions to keep the air fresh but i don't feel that freshness(maybe it's just me). And there is blueair which claims it can clean air at 0.1 level.

So anyone can tell me which is the recommend air purifier for cigarette smoke/odor?

Thanks

Yes, I believe you need an ionizer rather than a purifier as purifier only filter the air through the different filters while Ionizer emits negative ion into the air and turn them into Oxygen and only Ionizer can get rid of the foul odor.

godspeed1208

Reaction score
Yes, I believe you need an ionizer rather than a purifier as purifier only filter the air through the different filters while Ionizer emits negative ion into the air and turn them into Oxygen and only Ionizer can get rid of the foul odor.

Hi the novita 620, as a ionizer and releases about 40 million per/cm but i still don't see the odor going away. it takes long time. I don't get those fresh air smell.

Also does all air purifiers have a odor sensor ?

p.s: I am under the impression that most models can only detect dust/particles but not odor because even when i am smoking... the novita shows the green light indicating that the air if fine and only when i go nearer it starts turning on the turbo and the light changes to red indication the air is dirty.

thanks

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi the novita 620, as a ionizer and releases about 40 million per/cm but i still don't see the odor going away. it takes long time. I don't get those fresh air smell.

Also does all air purifiers have a odor sensor ?

p.s: I am under the impression that most models can only detect dust/particles but not odor because even when i am smoking... the novita shows the green light indicating that the air if fine and only when i go nearer it starts turning on the turbo and the light changes to red indication the air is dirty.

thanks

What is your aim and usage?

Are you looking at trying to filter out the cigarette smoke in the room coz you switched on the aircon and air purifier while you smoke in the enclosed room?

That may seem queer at first glance, but i have seen some commercial places doing just that.....in addition to other wierd operating scenarios with regards to Air purifiers/HEPA filtration devices products.

Like operating the air purifier with the windows opened and mistaking that such devices are gimmicky coz they don't work. Don't be surprised that some professional settings do this as well, ie a good example is how they operate their air purifiers in polyclinics (they really did open the windows in places where their APs are located, GPGT somemore coz some folks did capture pictures :D)

Of coz those are just some examples, not saying that you are doing those things......need to understand more details.

Thanks

Just a bit of info regarding blueair and slight peak into odor problems.

What you'd like to aim for is a big activated carbon (that black colour portion of the filter) section. That is responsible for taking out the odor.
In China market, there is a seperate spec for formaldehyde CADR/clean air delivery rate, this usually gives a pretty good insight as to how good it can keep the air "fresh smelling", but this is a very subjective factor coz there are many other variables.
This "smell performance" is very much affected by source pollution and odor sources, eg your bedsheets and the air conditioner FCU (the evaporator coil, blower and internal FCU surfaces)

Blueair has got a big activated carbon option called "Smoke stop filter". However the whole package + recurring cost is likely to be out of reach for most, esp if you are after "pretty fresh air", as per the part that i have bolded above. ie the expectation.
So i'd steer you away from Blueair, unless if your monthly income is well above 10k and you have a good figure of disposable income.
And in any case, there are much better value options.

But still, the issue is actually much deeper than dollars and cents. It's like trying to operate the aircon with the doors and windows slightly ajar on a hot day. Even a 13k BTU/hr aircon would not cool the master bedroom adequately then. Await your reply first regarding as to how you are using your AP.

PS. Does not even have to be smoking in the same room as the AP. You could have 2 smokers as tenants who are smoking in the living room (eg PSI 1000 conditions), and as per our experience in 2015 haze, the smoke easily affects the air quality in the MBR a fair bit.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got Picture Got Talk........

This one in a polyclinic, could be a hospital.....not sure.
They use such a model, some of you could have seen it before.

Of all the places, it has to be a goverment/professional healthcare setting.

GQz2dNE.jpg

godspeed1208

Reaction score
What is your aim and usage?

Are you looking at trying to filter out the cigarette smoke in the room coz you switched on the aircon and air purifier while you smoke in the enclosed room?

Hi thank you for the reply. My main aim is to clear cigarette smoke and the odor as i don't want my wife to passive smoke. And when i smoke, i switch off the aircon.But i do keep the window slightly opened. For me price is not an issue.

And i went today and got myself another 2 air purifiers. One is the cado 310 model(salesman at best recommended) and the sharp a80. So far i "feel" that the sharp works better .

i have been reading that the air quality can be tested using a laser particle counter. Do you know where i can get one or is there anyone here who could borrow it to me for a day?

Because i would like to try it out with the 3 air purifiers i have now to see which one performs better ;) and also is the laser particle counter the correct tool to test to see which AP performs better for cigarette smoke and odor?

Thanks

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.