HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air purifier? - Part 2

Like Tree510Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #2191
Supremacy Member

Quite easy to open and clean as compared to my neighbour's sharp AP, bo bian had to open because a xiao qiang somehow got in, usually kept the top covered, no idea how it got in lol.
What. Xiaoqiang went in as its too clean and fresh inside?
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #2192
Great Supremacy Member

What. Xiaoqiang went in as its too clean and fresh inside?
It's pretty dark inside with the outlet covered, xiao qiang like dark places
Old 17-02-2017, 07:22 AM   #2193
Arch-Supremacy Member

if u want...
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2016-LATES...855?stcode=636
MIVEC525 likes this.
NWT1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #2194
Supremacy Member

I saw tmall selling original xiaomi filters. Green one. $37 before shipping. Can use ezbuy to buy. You guys think its worth to buy from there? Qoo10 seems very few choices
Old 21-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #2195
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just wanting to ask the laojiaos here.. does a HEPA air purifier actually reduce dust in the room..?

I live near main road so my room kinda gets dusty in quick succession.. Was thinking of getting the $60 ax40 that wussredxli recommended just to test out but he lives kinda far

So asking for opinions here

Ps i rarely open my windows and keep my doors mostly closed

Last edited by wad3v3r; 21-02-2017 at 04:16 PM..
wad3v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #2196
Supremacy Member

Just wanting to ask the laojiaos here.. does a HEPA air purifier actually reduce dust in the room..?

I live near main road so my room kinda gets dusty in quick succession.. Was thinking of getting the $60 ax40 that wussredxli recommended just to test out but he lives kinda far

from my experience, i bought xiaomi air purifier last month, it has HEPA filter. The room air feels more fresher. Today is just nicer 1mth, i took out the filter and check , there are layers of dust there, hence, from personal experience, it works, even tried for a really stuffy room, after purification, air is fresher and lesser dust.
Old 22-02-2017, 01:51 AM   #2197
Master Member

Definitely does help to reduce. Have tested with one of those taobao WCLH particulate testers. I also keep windows and doors closed most of the time, even then there will be a certain level of indoor dust.

Just did a quick test. Living room without AP on, value for PM2.5 is 15-20. Bedroom with AP on (AX40), value for PM2.5 is 1-2.

Indoors, common sources of dust include dead skin and hair cells from humans, the carcasses and waste products of microscopic creatures such as dust mites, as well as worn down bits of clothing and furniture. Dust is unavoidable because all solids slowly wear down.

http://sciencequestionswithsurprisin...always-closed/
kandinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #2198
Great Supremacy Member

$30 max taxi/uber/grab fare to and fro still worth it. Ask him to carry down to lobby and you just collect it. Or you travel to nearest MRT and then take a cab to collect from his void deck.

It's the quietest (it's not silent and very light sleepers still would notice the noise) and most energy efficient per m3/hr airflow AP out there. And it's a workhorse.
And lowest recurrent cost if you use the 300x300x25mm Taobao HEPA and DIY cut a bit, which works as tested with laser particle counters.... either that or the 300x400x25mm filters if you don't like leaving any holes so that you need to plug that up....just 9 rmb difference now, coz the 300x300 increased price liao.

And original filters are available at SGD55 shipped from qoo10.

No bells n whistles like wifi though.

Samsung AX40 with original filters does low 300+ m3/hr, CADR maybe 300 m3/hr?
Samsung AX40 with Taobao filters does about 260 m3/hr airflow, CADR maybe 200 m3/hr and that's v conservative already. At 19W power consumption as per measurement at the socket measured by me, and at a lower noise level vs Xiaomi AP2 @ 200 m3/hr setting.
Take it as a medium-high fan speed mode on the AX40.

AX40 and TB filters more than enough for BTO really small new rooms, does ACH of about 8-12 ACH for those rooms after factoring in the furnitures and cabs. This is good enough for even the worst allergic rhinitis sufferers who can sneeze like 20-40 sneezes 1 shot.

With original Samsung filters, it's good enough even for cases like preterm infants suffering from heart/lung issues if you are using in the BTO bedrooms or MBR, but as always, pls check and remove all possible sources of contamination first as they make a very big difference in the actual achievable air quality. Eg, Sharp original filters does 83% filtration of PM0.1 as per *ACTUAL* lab measurements (not claimed manufacturer specs, they don't give PM0.1 specs anyway in the first place).

As always, pls allow a certain amount of ACH with external air, to get rid of the CO2 and stuff. ie leave a certain gap at the windows, maybe 5mm...still quite windy nowadays so that's more than enough.

AX40 and TB filters also good for regular to even somewhat sensitive pax in MBR.

You can leave the AX40 switched on 24/7 for weeks at a go, probably months no issue too. No issue. Motor temps are pretty low esp with the TB filters coz lower power setting.
What i call a bloody workhorse. Same goes to the Sharps.

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 22-02-2017 at 01:56 PM..
WussRedXLi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #2199
Great Supremacy Member

You can google about the effects of chronic exposure to traffic vehicular pollution with regards to distance and height from the main roads. Got a fair bit of info....

Even youtube also got some vids on that.
Old 22-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #2200
Great Supremacy Member

Visible dust from the main road is not an issue. I know the "feeling" coz my wife long ago last time used to live @ Sims Drive Blk 56, about 40m from PIE. Fugging "dusty".
Your nose hairs and lungs' cilia would take care of those.

It's the PM2.5 and even PM1.0 from the traffic that you should be concerned about, long term chronic exposure, though the levels are not very high over here in Singapore. But it would be definitely be higher than someone who lives high floor and/or > 300m away from any main road.
Old 22-02-2017, 11:56 PM   #2201
Supremacy Member

Definitely does help to reduce. Have tested with one of those taobao WCLH particulate testers. I also keep windows and doors closed most of the time, even then there will be a certain level of indoor dust.

Just did a quick test. Living room without AP on, value for PM2.5 is 15-20. Bedroom with AP on (AX40), value for PM2.5 is 1-2.
How much did get for the WCLH particulate testers? Is it a device to check pm 2.5 levels ?
Old 23-02-2017, 02:15 AM   #2202
Master Member

How much did get for the WCLH particulate testers? Is it a device to check pm 2.5 levels ?
The Xiaomi purifiers mobile app already will show the PM2.5 levels (can use that as a very rough estimation of whether your indoor air is improving or detoriating... good enough imo).... unless you really want something to bring around and test.

Look at older thread. Have a lot of talks about the PM2.5 devices. Majority bought from Taobao.
Lucky177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 05:04 AM   #2203
Arch-Supremacy Member

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 10+ 512GB/12GB Ram / Mi 9 128GB/6GB Ram/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm/Osmo Pocket/TAB S4 10.1
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #2204
Supremacy Member

The Xiaomi purifiers mobile app already will show the PM2.5 levels (can use that as a very rough estimation of whether your indoor air is improving or detoriating... good enough imo).... unless you really want something to bring around and test.

Look at older thread. Have a lot of talks about the PM2.5 devices. Majority bought from Taobao.
Yup. Thanks. The mi purifier pm2.5 sensor can be very inaccurate at times. Expecially for Xiaomi Purifier 2, fluctuate fast, not for the gen 1.

I saw there is a listing for xiaomi pm2.5 sensor which cost around $70-$80 on taobao. So expensive..
Old 23-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #2205
Master Member

Yup. Thanks. The mi purifier pm2.5 sensor can be very inaccurate at times. Expecially for Xiaomi Purifier 2, fluctuate fast, not for the gen 1.

I saw there is a listing for xiaomi pm2.5 sensor which cost around $70-$80 on taobao. So expensive..
It fluctuates even for those PM2.5 devices. The readings do not stay there as per se.

I have the B4 (the pic shown above post). The readings fluctuates, moves and moves. Doesn't "stay" one. Is normal.
Lucky177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.