Air purifier? - Part 2

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
I always use favorite setting instead of auto mode. I feel those purifiers auto mode “literally useless/weak” in my situation. Just my own opinion/preference.

thinking of novita now cause xiaomi while cheap and good, the sensor seems to be the problem. if air is bad, the xiaomi can clean it no problem but when air is average, think the auto settings will decide air is good enough and doesnt go full blast. so to me seems like xiaomi will only operate at standby mode most of the time since our air is generally clean

Last edited:

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always use favorite setting instead of auto mode. I feel those purifiers auto mode “literally useless/weak” in my situation. Just my own opinion/preference.

Yes but if not wrong xiaomi automatically switches from max setting to auto after 3hrs

Mr BBFA

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently looking for an air purifier and narrowed down to xiaomi 3h, any others to recommend?

Mainly to remove dust only, not so much about the other pm 2.5 etc etc

3h seems most value for $? anyone here with 3c or even version 2?

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am joining the party too.

I kinda narrowed down to either the Xiaomi Gen 3H and the Sqair.

Both are reasonably priced.

Feature-wise, Xiaomi takes the cake. However, Sqair is simple, no-nonsense kind.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I am using the Dyson Pure Cool Cryptomic™ air purifier tower fan TP06 (White/Gold).

Barely 1 month of use, and there's an annoying high pitch noise coming from it. I followed their procedure to try to clean out the filters. I used my Dyson vacuum to suck the filters itself, the sides, everything. But the high pitch noise still persist. Will definitely be calling Dyson and getting this issue fixed or the very least, replaced. Definitely not impressed. :vijayadmin:

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes but if not wrong xiaomi automatically switches from max setting to auto after 3hrs

I didn’t set to max. Too loud. Cannot tahan :s22: Didn’t test.

I always use manual mode accordingly, one of them I set @ (coverage 26-45m2). All didn’t trigger to auto despite operate for more than 3 hours. Overnight, also didn’t trigger.

Last edited:

Mr BBFA

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where do you guys place your air purifier in your room?

is it wise to place it on the floor or recommended to place on table instead?

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the Xiaomi 3H. The night mode preset is very quiet, however i am not convinced by its air output. I think it needs to operate least at level 1 fan speed to do meaningful air purifying work.

Last edited:

zhihe1996

Reaction score
Hoot this for $118 during CNY sale.

yAkjFsD.jpg

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like the recommended is xiaomi 3h. Am I wrong?

Hmm, I actually have small regret with the Xiaomi 3H. It's good, don't get me wrong. But i figured that in view of performance at a reasonable low price, Sqair is getting more attention from me.

LoneTraveller

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://cleanair.fjbenjamin.com.sg/collections/all

Hi Experts,

How is this kind of air purifiers compared to those conventional ones using filters, any difference in performance? Thanks.
Not an expert but do go and read their faq (point 11) regarding filtering of air. It does not filter air but claims to destroy micro organism in the air. Meaning it's useless against pm2.5 particles which is the main concern in this thread..

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I actually have small regret with the Xiaomi 3H. It's good, don't get me wrong. But i figured that in view of performance at a reasonable low price, Sqair is getting more attention from me.

where are you getting SQair locally?

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hoot this for $118 during CNY sale.

yAkjFsD.jpg

When else next got such lobang?

If use for 5 years, which will give midst bang for the buck?

If filter not easily or cheaply available, it will become white elephant.

~

Last edited:

mindgamey

Reaction score
Not an expert but do go and read their faq (point 11) regarding filtering of air. It does not filter air but claims to destroy micro organism in the air. Meaning it's useless against pm2.5 particles which is the main concern in this thread..

The technology looks dubious at bad.

Claiming to heat up air to sterilize bad stuffs but only consuming 50W.

I did the maths, airflow is only 26m3/h if we follow the laws of physics.

A tenth of what typical air purifier can do.

Lol.

mindgamey

Reaction score
When else next got such lobang?

If use for 5 years, which will give midst bang for the buck?

If filter not easily or cheaply available, it will become white elephant.

~

Filter easy to get from parallel importers.

You can get it for around 30 to 40

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.