Air purifier? - Part 2

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got try Xiaomi 4 Lite with older filter like 3h kind? Those older filter is cheaper, wonder if it’s compatible with 4 lite.

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Does it even matter though? Like it won’t run is it? Thought as long can close can turn on the machine haha. A bit smaller seem ok right lol
Of course it matters, at least imo. You won’t be able to bring down the PM2.5 effectively. Overtime, you will also see dust accumulate inside the fan easily. If you don’t mind, then maybe is ok. Lol

Alternatively you may want to use something to stuff / cover the remaining gap due to the height difference. But as to whether will the AP runs? I don’t know. You want you can try. 😅 I don’t have 4Lite AP.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course it matters, at least imo. You won’t be able to bring down the PM2.5 effectively. Overtime, you will also see dust accumulate inside the fan easily. If you don’t mind, then maybe is ok. Lol

Alternatively you may want to use something to stuff / cover the remaining gap due to the height difference. But as to whether will the AP runs? I don’t know. You want you can try. 😅 I don’t have 4Lite AP.
Haha imo more worried about not the ap not working with the wrong filter. Inside ap dusty can always clean, but if ap doesn’t start with wrong filter then the filter become useless.

So confusing when xiaomi makes different filter for different models

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha imo more worried about not the ap not working with the wrong filter. Inside ap dusty can always clean, but if ap doesn’t start with wrong filter then the filter become useless.

So confusing when xiaomi makes different filter for different models
Ya. Have to buy different filters as spare if happened to have different models of AP at home. No longer interchangeable.

alvinalf

Reaction score
prep my AX40 (9-yr workhorse still functioning)
noticed HEPA filter code updated from CFX-2TCD to CFX-B100D (both should be same HEPA)

upz old post from Pandaeyed /here about the AX40
-------
Pandaeyed said:
Thanks Goni for finally solving my problem. To be fair they took 3 working days to reply to my video.

Samsung Singapore (Commonwealth branch) checked my purifier, then they told me my motherboard is spoilt.
Samsung Korea and Goni global told me the reason why lights are blinking and not functioning.

Here is the solution:
The reason all the lights are just blinking is because the options is unset.

This problem can be solved by
1) Unplug the purifier,
2) Connect the plug,
3) press Menu button + Lock looking button for 3 seconds (it will make a "ting" sound),
4) Press menu button + power button for 3 seconds (it will make a "ting" sound),
Thats your option set.
5) Unplug your purifier and connect, it will work normally.

Hope it helps everyone

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many people buy AP because of the fake news that haze MAY be coming

if we all buy things based on things that MAY happen

then there are so many things to buy

like fire extinguisher?

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
so many people buy AP because of the fake news that haze MAY be coming

if we all buy things based on things that MAY happen

then there are so many things to buy

like fire extinguisher?
Fear is a very successful emotion businesses use to employ because humans are so susceptible to it. We are more motivated to act if we feel we gonna lose something versus gaining something.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't see what's wrong with having a fire extinguisher or fire blanket at home

otacon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many AP is needed in a 990 sqft HDB? I got 1 xiaomi AP already, by right 1 should be able to cover whole house right? But thinking if I should get 1 more for the living room

DriftKing

Reaction score
With the many fake Xiaomi filter sellers, which seller delivers original filter? Just looking out for the grey ones which it was mentioned here it's the only one that is true hepa?

Model: Xiaomi 3H

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
How many AP is needed in a 990 sqft HDB? I got 1 xiaomi AP already, by right 1 should be able to cover whole house right? But thinking if I should get 1 more for the living room
1 on theory is enough but it will take very long for the air to be purified. If the air is not circulating well in the house, then it will take even longer. Its best to have one in each room.

Lucky177

Master Member
Reaction score
With the many fake Xiaomi filter sellers, which seller delivers original filter? Just looking out for the grey ones which it was mentioned here it's the only one that is true hepa?

Model: Xiaomi 3H
See those latest review comments with pics ba. Those come with generic brown box with no Xiaomi wordings on it etc are not original.

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the practice to use the air purifier? Because my kid has sensitive nose. Can I on both air purifiers and air conditioners at the same times?

van123

Reaction score
Thank you. But normally what is the common practice. On it when in the room or close the room, clean it then go inside the room.

Close windows n door of the room as AP works best in an enclosed space
We on the AP to clean the room before going in to sleep

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.