HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air purifier? - Part 2

Like Tree504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #2941

Hi, I noticed export sets are much cheaper than local set. Any noticeable reason to tell the difference?

Also would we be able to connect to sg if we use local? I'm hearing need to connect to China still
lingwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #2942
Great Supremacy Member

If there's a funny smell only first 1 minute of opening and disappear? Plus my air purifier shows green pm2.5 hovering 20 and below would it still be mould??
That probably means a very light mould problem in the AC FCU.

For most of the guys in the DIY Aircon cleaning thread, the standard for most of them there is NO SMELL at all.

Very very very low levels of mould spores/particles get blown out of the FCU, i am sure your air purifier or any TB/China based laser particle meters cannot detect that low threshold change when you switch on the Aircon

Or in other words if those laser particle meters can detect, then you would have a much bigger problem of sneezing/coughing/etc due to allergic reactions liao.

ie. Relative to haze PM2.5 levels, this mould triggering allergic reactions threshold is much much lower, many tens to hundreds thousands of times lower.

You might detect a change on the meters that are meant for scientific lab use and costing a few tens of thousands bucks though.
Jimbeam89 likes this.
Old 22-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #2943

I realize the smell is coming from my hitachi EP-A9000 instead of the aircon.. does that mean i should buy new humidification filter??
Jimbeam89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #2944
Great Supremacy Member

I realize the smell is coming from my hitachi EP-A9000 instead of the aircon.. does that mean i should buy new humidification filter??
Ditch the humidification filter. Most times it causes more issues than good, coz in Singapore weather it is very difficult for those parts to fully dry out (takes heckloads of time). The same thing goes for those evaporative air coolers. Though in dry climates, they are very easy to fully dry out and so are workable.

I threw out the humidifcation filter of my Sharp KC-840 and cleaned out and scraped clean the water tray with alcohol.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #2945
Master Member

Needed some guru advice.

For sharp plasmacluster air purifier, any idea if the ionzer function also have a worn out lifespan?

I'm tempted to buy a use plasmacluster and replace new filter, but i guess there is a reason many selling on carousell cheap.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:18 PM   #2946
Great Supremacy Member

From the haze thread.

I think you all can get ready your APs and get additional new filters from TB or qoo10, if you haven't done so liao.

I think this year cannot run away liao, judging from the FFMC and DC maps and hotspot (clusters) on the red areas on the DC map, and also that end Aug to late September would be the peak of the dry season.

Today for Kalimantan

2015 Aug 31 (our Super El nino year with dense and prolonged haze).
We got our first major hit on 10 Sep (PM2.5 269 ug/m3), and 8th and 9th Sep we got 24-hr PM2.5 at > 40 ug/m3 "warnings".

Hotspot Fire Temperature Image (IR)

Old 04-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #2947
Great Supremacy Member

Needed some guru advice.

For sharp plasmacluster air purifier, any idea if the ionzer function also have a worn out lifespan?

I'm tempted to buy a use plasmacluster and replace new filter, but i guess there is a reason many selling on carousell cheap.
Mine still working leh, 11 years. But anyway, no worries, there's literally no cleaning effect. If you are talking about bacterial/viruses, then maybe....not too sure. Anyway HEPA filter (even the Taobao H10-H11 cheapo generic ones) can filter the droplets that are spewed out from a sneeze/cough. Viruses do not float by themselves in the air.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:28 PM   #2948
Supremacy Member

That characteristic smell is due to mold re-infestation, when you start to turn on the AC and it comes within 30-60 seconds, and it goes away 5-10 mins away. Same for the car AC.
This is a common issue.

Different pax have different reactions to this.

Your chemical wash done was not sufficient/in depth. I suspect that chemical wash was done with alkaline coil cleaner too. (I was recommending solvent/detergent based cleaners, which are actually milder than the alkaline coil cleaner).

That means you'd need chemical overhaul where the tech would dismantle the coil and every part of the FCU, use alkaline coil cleaner to whack all the parts thoroughly coz everything is exposed, and then flush the caustic alkaline coil cleaner away which is only possible coz everything is exposed. Else any alkaline coil cleaner is left unflushed, those copper pipes and aluminum evaporator coil fins are gonna react and be corroded over time, leading to slow and chronic gas leaks (really $$$ issue). So do engage a proper contactor if you wanna do this, cannot skimp on the cost one.
Also, since the evaporator coil is dismounted, there is always this accidental gas leak risk coz the copper refrigerant pipes are disconnected and reconnected after every time. You cannot do this chemical overhaul too many times, it's too risky and the risk goes up with lousy AC techs who does a lemon job.

Or you need a service provider that can do a very proper and thorough job with solvent/detergent cleaners + regular basis (preferably with high pressure water).
There are vendors offering chemical wash as low as $55, and there are those who charges $90.
And General servicing for $20.
No prizes for guessing.

Learn to DIY lah, with the proper tools and cleaners. Need some small investment in this as well, cannot escape one. Either that or you pay for the services, good ones from good service providers.

Guys! You all got DIY clean your aircon blower ?

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...91470-221.html

Can those slow leak be measure using the pressure meter?
ipaq4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #2949
Great Supremacy Member

Can those slow leak be measure using the pressure meter?
Very difficult, even for the pros. Quite a few times turn out to be inconclusive as to where it is leaking.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #2950
Supremacy Member

Getting bad today. Please start to prepare your air purifier.
Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #2951
Master Member

Just nice 9.9 can buy xiaomi air purifier 2S

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
lousydrinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #2952
Great Supremacy Member

Just nice 9.9 can buy xiaomi air purifier 2S

How much is it?
Old 10-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #2953
Master Member

How much is it?
$119. Hope price is ok. Din research b4 buying. Just compared a few platform b4 committing

WussRedXLi likes this.
lousydrinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #2954

Hi. I had issue to monitor my Mi purifier. I still can control it but just no data. See pic. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix this.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT
Shib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #2955

Updated my MiHome to the latest. Now cannot set favorite/manual fan level. Can only Auto, Nite dan Favorite. Also cannot see the filter %. And my car purifier can detect but cannot access. Wonder why onyone?
free2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.