Sugoi

Got URL to SIC or screenshot ?

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id...u=h102dl7s3c3a
UltraWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #3093
Great Supremacy Member

AX40 3rd party those that doesnt require self cutting or 定制, only 12X RMB leh
Yep....my source for customised 320x285x45mm is rmb 120 also.
The guy even threw in FOC 顺丰 china delivery to warehouse as same province, he said safer. So the profit is there, and some folks might wanna haggle if buying 4pc.

But i just get the rmb 25-30 300 x 300 x 25 ones, ok liao. Use and throw, don't have to fuss.

i read through a few pages, the more recent ones, seems like this thread swings towards Xiaomi APs
which I dont really like due to their filters, which I believe the dudess above already had a rebate.

so reading a few pages, it was concluded that Xiaomi filters can also do the job despite not being True Hepa.

I am no guru, so in depth details I wont know, so my next questtion will be in that case what does Xiaomi filter cant filter ? so what say about the international standards on filters rating ?
UFPs, 0.01-0.1 microns (10nm - 100nm) thereabouts, some types of photochemical smog, in other countries, eg Klang Valley, Shanghai, Beijing etc..
http://www.jesc.ac.cn/jesc_en/ch/rea...4260918&flag=1

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01074214000886

Of course the higher-end APs salesperson would wanna tell you that Xiaomi and even branded ones from Philips/Samsung cannot handle some types of air pollution, which is not incorrect.

0.1-0.15 microns range Xiaomi can still handle decently esp if it's a Xiaomi MAX.
I know Sharp's H13 HEPA was lab tested to be 85% efficient at 0.1 microns, incidentally it's from the Dyson AP promo video, though the Dyson can handle iirc 99.xx%. But again, CADR also matters in the real world. We need to look at the whole picture.

(actually if you ask me, it is still not a true H13 HEPA, just a very very very good H12, and so are Samsung's original filters etc). Truly H13 filter and system certification needs to be DOP tested as a whole system for use in a cleanroom. So seriously, do you really need that kind of filter standard in your house in reality?

Also, when trying to do 0.1 microns or UFPs, it is imperative not to switch it on to MAX fan speed. What is key is the airflow speed over the pleated filter media. 0.1 microns and below is filtered via diffusion method, and that works best at lower airflows. HEPA works by intercepting PM via interception, impaction and diffusion.

If you have someone in your family that has very high stroke risk, cardiac issues, COPD, severely asthmatic in which the inhalers might not help and thus needing emergency visit to the A&E or GP (and if the GP's closed then good luck), then you might wanna invest in those Cleanroom FFUs with U15-U17 filters i mentioned earlier..
This is especially so if your house is near to the expressway/major roads etc.
That's the only thing i can think of.

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 17-09-2019 at 03:45 PM..
WussRedXLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #3094
Great Supremacy Member

Since it's the haze period, let me tell you guys a story, this kinda debates is not the first time that surfaced on this thread and not the last time. I can tell you the debates happened more than a dozen times in the past (part 1 etc).

Also, this Air Purifier thread used to be in EDMW forum, before it got shifted into the Home n Decor Furnishings forum, coz someone complained to the mods and it got shifted. I also got a warning.
This AP thread was getting so much exposure then, that some "folks" are not happy as it'd impact their sales etc.

So for the last tine, if you ask me, for haze and even cigarette smoke, Xiaomi H11, H12 is sufficient. TB generics is sufficient, as tested personally with cigarette smoke and local haze. Other pollution sources particular in your case, you ownself go research.

I am also not a Xiaomi fan, actually i have been posting even before Xiaomi came out with APs. Just that Samsung stuff is expensive nowadays relative to XM (or rather XM has dropped in price), and to get as cheap Samsung stuff = going to carousell. Or for that matter, any branded 2nd hand AP, from Sharp to Novita to Philips.
I can tell you, the lower income source is especially vulnerable, at least i know some folks during 2015 haze season they were helped.

So generally i think other than the really low income group having a low budget, i'd not point folks to go get from carousell and then open it up and ownself scrub with alcohol to clean the internals (it is a bit time consuming and a fair bit of effort needed). Filters no issue, just use TB generics.
meesoto likes this.

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 17-09-2019 at 01:34 PM..
WussRedXLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #3095

Thanks for sharing! Can order a few pcs to keep
passingbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #3096

What's 3rd party filters lol
Even the ones from taobao also about 200 RMB

Made for Samsung but no brand lor. Qoo10 has one

https://qoo.tn/BRnEgU/Q107272722

$39 after $5 green member coupon and 500 qpoints
laeticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #3097
Supremacy Member

Made for Samsung but no brand lor. Qoo10 has one

https://qoo.tn/BRnEgU/Q107272722

$39 after $5 green member coupon and 500 qpoints

Sugoi
Thanks everyone for the SIC

Need to fast hand fast leg before golden week �����

vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #3098
High Supremacy Member

just wondering if anyone willing to help buy from taobao for the AX40 hepa filters...

can collect in raffles place~

Pelican Cases http://bit.ly/154HycK
noobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #3099

Anyone has experience with the new Sharp series? G40 or J40?

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT
Shib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #3100

Does the Xiaomi 2s comes with HEPA filter?

Update: found my answer. It seems that the conclusion is that it will still do the job to filter pm2.5.

From what I found online.

The Mi Air Purifier 2S implements an H11-grade HEPA filter, which can offer protection from particulate matter PM2.5 or particles with a diameter of approximately 2.5 microns

Last edited by hiton; 18-09-2019 at 09:27 AM..
hiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #3101
Master Member

Yep....my source for customised 320x285x45mm is rmb 120 also.
The guy even threw in FOC 顺丰 china delivery to warehouse as same province, he said safer. So the profit is there, and some folks might wanna haggle if buying 4pc.

But i just get the rmb 25-30 300 x 300 x 25 ones, ok liao. Use and throw, don't have to fuss.

UFPs, 0.01-0.1 microns (10nm - 100nm) thereabouts, some types of photochemical smog, in other countries, eg Klang Valley, Shanghai, Beijing etc..
http://www.jesc.ac.cn/jesc_en/ch/rea...4260918&flag=1

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01074214000886

Of course the higher-end APs salesperson would wanna tell you that Xiaomi and even branded ones from Philips/Samsung cannot handle some types of air pollution, which is not incorrect.

0.1-0.15 microns range Xiaomi can still handle decently esp if it's a Xiaomi MAX.
I know Sharp's H13 HEPA was lab tested to be 85% efficient at 0.1 microns, incidentally it's from the Dyson AP promo video, though the Dyson can handle iirc 99.xx%. But again, CADR also matters in the real world. We need to look at the whole picture.

(actually if you ask me, it is still not a true H13 HEPA, just a very very very good H12, and so are Samsung's original filters etc). Truly H13 filter and system certification needs to be DOP tested as a whole system for use in a cleanroom. So seriously, do you really need that kind of filter standard in your house in reality?

Also, when trying to do 0.1 microns or UFPs, it is imperative not to switch it on to MAX fan speed. What is key is the airflow speed over the pleated filter media. 0.1 microns and below is filtered via diffusion method, and that works best at lower airflows. HEPA works by intercepting PM via interception, impaction and diffusion.

If you have someone in your family that has very high stroke risk, cardiac issues, COPD, severely asthmatic in which the inhalers might not help and thus needing emergency visit to the A&E or GP (and if the GP's closed then good luck), then you might wanna invest in those Cleanroom FFUs with U15-U17 filters i mentioned earlier..
This is especially so if your house is near to the expressway/major roads etc.
That's the only thing i can think of.
Can share your seller?

Also i thought the thicker the HEPA the better?
orangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #3102
Supremacy Member

anyone using the xiaomi shimi pm2.5 or mijia pm2.5 detectors?
Old 18-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #3103
Master Member

Mijia PM2.5 u mean this? Bought quite long ago. Able to connect and operate via Mi Home app. Toggle to clock display. Pm2.5 data monitoring via app. Not sure now design got any changes or not.

Edit: Now seems got newer or other type. Mine is old type. Below.

The internal battery for mine cmi liao. Very fast deplete despite fully charged. So need connect to power source (eg powerbank) via USB.

anyone using the xiaomi shimi pm2.5 or mijia pm2.5 detectors?

Last edited by Lucky177; 18-09-2019 at 01:15 PM..
Lucky177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #3104

You still in this thread!

Is it still working?

My Samo Air temperature and RH% sensor went bonkers already. Luckily the laser module still working.
Ah i can't post any links cos of insufficient post count but hm, tried to look for laser types on taoabao. Not sure if good though. Could anybody with experience suggest a few?

Name of product for one of the ones i found on taobao: 激光PM2.5检测仪家用雾霾表甲醛检测仪空气质量甲醇测试日本专业 hopefully can search and find it too

Would love to get one that has PM2.5, CO2/O2, and not sure what else..
Not necessarily need to be one combi within the same module, im open to buying multiple..
blackwhirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #3105

Ah i can't post any links cos of insufficient post count but hm, tried to look for laser types on taoabao. Not sure if good though. Could anybody with experience suggest a few?

Name of product for one of the ones i found on taobao: 激光PM2.5检测仪家用雾霾表甲醛检测仪空气质量甲醇测试日本专业 hopefully can search and find it too

Would love to get one that has PM2.5, CO2/O2, and not sure what else..
Not necessarily need to be one combi within the same module, im open to buying multiple..
https://www.taobao.com/list/product/...0%E5%85%89.htm
blackwhirls likes this.
PM of Sinkieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.