HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air purifier? - Part 2

Like Tree510Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2019, 09:29 PM   #3121
Supremacy Member

Mijia PM2.5 u mean this? Bought quite long ago. Able to connect and operate via Mi Home app. Toggle to clock display. Pm2.5 data monitoring via app. Not sure now design got any changes or not.

Edit: Now seems got newer or other type. Mine is old type. Below.

The internal battery for mine cmi liao. Very fast deplete despite fully charged. So need connect to power source (eg powerbank) via USB.
oh ya this is one of the them! quite confusing. i see there's another xiaomi one with the shape like a powerbank, flattish one.
how about those detector/meter with the board without casing ones?
Old 18-09-2019, 10:38 PM   #3122
Supremacy Member

for the xiaomi AP Pro , how come the display on the unit and my hp app is always different ?

The temperature and humidity matches thought. So which one should i refer to ?

Also , i actually bought it ysterday and tested it from evening to night .... got a reading hovering around 50 - 60 ....

Today i monitor whole day, 80s to high 90 sia, wun come down at all .... zz
Old 19-09-2019, 12:23 AM   #3123
Supremacy Member

Does all the 小米 AP (from 2s and newer) have the ability to monitor localised air quality (& not poll online sources) & throttle up & down their activity to respond to deteriorating conditions?
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 02:11 AM   #3124

Am I the only person in Singapore who use this weird looking purifier?

It is really effective because no fan, no filter, no sound, no wear & tear parts

Gmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #3125

Am I the only person in Singapore who use this weird looking purifier?

It is really effective because no fan, no filter, no sound, no wear & tear parts

Your device looks like an ionizer. Those pins emitting the ions will wear and tear with your usage.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT
Shib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #3126

anyone know which xiaomi store has ready stock for xiaomi pro pls?
Tryg2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #3127

Your device looks like an ionizer. Those pins emitting the ions will wear and tear with your usage.

Sent from HUAWEI EVR-L29 using GAGT
There many types of pins, most ionizer has only a few copper pins but this one uses 24 big bunchs of tungsten pins which supposed to last much longer.

Anyway a spare "head" only cost a few dollars
Gmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #3128
Master Member

anyone know which xiaomi store has ready stock for xiaomi pro pls?
Looks like the haze situation has caused a stock shortage.

I went to causeway point yesterday to get one for my parents and no stock for all purifiers. Asked whether other branches had stock, the girl said no stock in all SG Xiaomi stores.

I bought the second last filter too at the branch too.
wahjohreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #3129
Master Member

I didn’t bother about the temperature n humidity readings. Don’t know accurate or not.

for the xiaomi AP Pro , how come the display on the unit and my hp app is always different ?

The temperature and humidity matches thought. So which one should i refer to ?

Also , i actually bought it ysterday and tested it from evening to night .... got a reading hovering around 50 - 60 ....

Today i monitor whole day, 80s to high 90 sia, wun come down at all .... zz
80s to high 90 u referring to PM2.5? Manual mode or auto mode fan speed? Windows closed?

The auto mode is literally useless imo. I always set to favorite mode, usually only set one time and always use operate at that setting. Hardly go change again unless haze got terribly bad. So far still yet to adjust up the fan speed despite recent haze. Still effective enough to keep PM2.5 down.

Play around with the fan speed vs the noise, see which setting is good enough to keep PM2.5 down and yet is not noisy for oneself/family.

Last edited by Lucky177; 19-09-2019 at 12:47 PM..
Lucky177 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #3130
Master Member

Without casing as in this type? Probably mainly only cosmetic appearance. And no inbuilt battery - not really impt. Can always use powerbank. These pretty much the same imo (at least for me, cos I using it to see if air turning bad or improving, not so much on whether readings accurate or not). Good enough.

Maybe some more “sensitive”, some fluctuate lesser etc ... some more displays. Some lesser.

oh ya this is one of the them! quite confusing. i see there's another xiaomi one with the shape like a powerbank, flattish one.
how about those detector/meter with the board without casing ones?

Last edited by Lucky177; 19-09-2019 at 01:31 PM..
Old 19-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #3131
Supremacy Member

Without casing as in this type? Probably mainly only cosmetic appearance. And no inbuilt battery - not really impt. Can always use powerbank. These pretty much the same imo (at least for me, cos I using it to see if air turning bad or improving, not so much on whether readings accurate or not). Good enough.

Maybe some more “sensitive”, some fluctuate lesser etc ... some more displays. Some lesser.

thanks for sharing info!
Plastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #3132
Master Member

Normally it includes one. But some sellers accuse other sellers of providing fake filters. So better read reviews before buying
mine comes with the Blue filter....hope its ok
villan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #3133

I went to the causeway point xiaomi today too, their stocks in warehouse all gone, now waiting for shipment to come in. Left my contact in waitlist, now wait for them to contact me. Hopefully next week? But they cannot confirm when the shipment will come.

Looks like the haze situation has caused a stock shortage.

I went to causeway point yesterday to get one for my parents and no stock for all purifiers. Asked whether other branches had stock, the girl said no stock in all SG Xiaomi stores.

I bought the second last filter too at the branch too.
Tryg2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #3134
Master Member

mine comes with the Blue filter....hope its ok
Blue is most basic but should work fine if the haze is back
orangeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #3135
Master Member

Look what I have found? 2H?

https://www.mi-store.com.au/xiaomi-mi-air-purifier-2h

True Hepa? (I’m more keen to see how much is the filter and how it looks like and not this 2H AP)

From fb.

Last edited by Lucky177; 20-09-2019 at 02:54 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.