HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air purifier? - Part 2

Like Tree512Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #3256

my wife asked me to get dyson but i read online reviews say it's useless.

so xiaomi is the only viable option?

what if i need a fan + purifier like dyson? which model to get?

thank you thank you
KusitoriBuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #3257
Master Member

thank you thank you
tilt the Xiaomi air purifier outlet to you and turn on max power lor..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #3258
Great Supremacy Member

thank you thank you

Coz you are gonna be just wasting precious money.

The room's air quality in terms of particulate matter drop is pretty negligible with the windows opened if you are gonna be operating it as a fan. Also, you'd need to change the filter once every 2-4 months (filters aren't cheap in the first place). Unless if you really do not mind doing that coz you are earning really good and easy money.

The operational needs of fans and AP HEPA filters do not mix, unless if the filters are cheap (eg the rmb 25 HEPAs that i mentioned).
Old 14-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #3259
Supremacy Member

Question

Same. Mi app ver 4.21.4
haiz, tried all the methods already but really cannot...trying to eliminate all possibilities: your "source" for wifi, which provider? r u on any VPN?
ralliart12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #3260
Master Member

In case you missed my previous post, I don’t have Gen3. Only Pro. But methods of setup connection as far as I know, is still the same.
Spoiler!

Maybe can check with others having Gen3.
Spoiler!

I’m using Singtel. Not on VPN.

haiz, tried all the methods already but really cannot...trying to eliminate all possibilities: your "source" for wifi, which provider? r u on any VPN?

Last edited by Lucky177; 15-10-2019 at 12:28 AM..
Lucky177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 10:40 PM   #3261

My Xiaomi airpurifer 2s died last week.
Totally can't power on.
Dismantled it today. But the power supply circuit looks alright.

Any suggestions?
Is there a repair center?
can try Repair Kopitam see if they can help to fix it.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #3262

Coz you are gonna be just wasting precious money.

The room's air quality in terms of particulate matter drop is pretty negligible with the windows opened if you are gonna be operating it as a fan. Also, you'd need to change the filter once every 2-4 months (filters aren't cheap in the first place). Unless if you really do not mind doing that coz you are earning really good and easy money.

The operational needs of fans and AP HEPA filters do not mix, unless if the filters are cheap (eg the rmb 25 HEPAs that i mentioned).
i dont open window. i turn on aircon all the time but also need fan when i sleep. my wife scold me for the fan being too dangerous (for kid) and dusty.

what is my best option?
KusitoriBuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #3263
Master Member

i dont open window. i turn on aircon all the time but also need fan when i sleep. my wife scold me for the fan being too dangerous (for kid) and dusty.

what is my best option?
change your wife..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #3264

The TB DIY frameless 300 x 300 x 25mm HEPAs (25-30rmb ea) or those customised to 285 x 320 x 45mm (rmb 110-120 ea) are ok.
The 25rmb ones would convert the AX40 into a 200 m3/hr CADR min machine, capable of handling our indon haze PM sizes (tested) and also convert the AX40 into a lower dB SPL machine in high speed accordingly.

You will lose that 320 m3/hr CADR capability though. But no issue for those using in the bedrooms, even in a 20 sqm bedroom there is enough airflow for good ACH sufficient enough for say allergic rhinitis sufferers (min of 5x ACH, after factoring in the furnitures).

If one is using the AX40 for the living room of a 4-room BTO, inclusive of the bedroom corridors and main door corridor spaces, then you'd need to use the original Samsung filters.

Either that or change to a Xiaomi Gen 3, but do remember that at 320-400m3/hr CADRs it would still be significantly louder than the AX40, even though they tested the Gen 3 @ 400 to be a wee bit better in SPL than the Gen 2 @ 330.

The main issue now is that Taobao official forwarder (Cainiao) does not really ship these DIY type HEPAs via air ship already. They are forcing you to do sea shipping, and that'd be volumetric weight if i am not wrong.
And most 3rd party forwarders are more than happy to levy half-volumetric charges for such light items, cannot run one unless you are lucky coz you are just shipping 2pcs of 300 x 300 x 25mm and so it's not so immediately apparent to the warehouse workers doing the 入库.

PS. The only issue that some are complaining is that there is a slight smell (plastic) that the TB filter media gives off. This can be solved by airing the filter in lowest fan speed mode for 48hrs before using.
But still some folks find this to be an issue, coz that means 2 "missed" nights of usage.
So those pax would rather go for the originals @ SGD 90 each currently. The originals have activated carbon as well, but then the CADR for formaldehyde (if there is such an issue in the first place) is just 50 m3/hr CADR, not very high for such granulated activated charcoal type. (the xiaomi green one is even lower than this actually).
No issue, all are personal choices
Hi WussRedXLi,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. So you tested them before using some devices? I'm thinking of getting from these 2 sources:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...u=t2dmg8j26111

Are they ok? Thanks again!
quarkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 06:23 PM   #3265
Great Supremacy Member

what is my best option?

I guess if that's the case, just get a normal AP, and then a bladeless fan from TB or something. If you are looking at Dyson coz it has a small footprint, then the Xiaomi Gen 3 has a small footprint, and then the bladeless fans from TB.
If you can afford to splurge, then get the bladeless fan from Dyson.
Old 15-10-2019, 06:26 PM   #3266
Great Supremacy Member

Hi WussRedXLi,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. So you tested them before using some devices? I'm thinking of getting from these 2 sources:

Are they ok? Thanks again!
Yes i have tested them with some devices. In-depth details are in the last 10 pages, during the 2019 haze period, after Sep 12th period........ Check out the thread.

The stuff that you listed are good. Just that need 3rd party forwarders, and probably half volumetric air shipping.

Just remember to air them out in low fan speed for at least a good 48hrs before using it proper. If you are ok with the slight smell, then just use them from the get go. After which there won't be much of a smell as you go by slowly leading to zero smell.

Last edited by WussRedXLi; 15-10-2019 at 06:29 PM..
WussRedXLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 12:13 AM   #3267

https://shopee.sg/Xiaomi-Mi-Air-Puri...396.2250888439

worth it anot?
tweety_piyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #3268
Great Supremacy Member

https://shopee.sg/Xiaomi-Mi-Air-Puri...396.2250888439

worth it anot?

Look at the gen 3 as well? I think wee bit slightly more worth it at just below $200.
Old 20-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #3269

The TB DIY frameless 300 x 300 x 25mm HEPAs (25-30rmb ea) or those customised to 285 x 320 x 45mm (rmb 110-120 ea) are ok.
Hi shifu, would you have some dealers that you've bought the DIY versions before? I would like to have some cheaper DIY options to strap across my air circulator and also to cut and fit into an old Sharp purifier.

Based on the volumetric pricing for sea shipping , roughly how much more did it cost?
DriftKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2019, 02:23 PM   #3270
Supremacy Member

https://betterairus.com/

World's first air and surface probiotic purifier!

All other 'traditional' air purifiers can stand one corner liao
Anyone using this? Any reviews?

Save a lot of space since itís so small compared to traditional air purifier.
athenodorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.