HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air purifier? - Part 2

Like Tree512Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2019, 09:10 PM   #3301
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just bought Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S. Waiting for delivery from qoo10.

Anything to take note when it arrived? Do i need to let it run for awhile before start using?
derekliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #3302
Master Member

Anything to take note when it arrived? Do i need to let it run for awhile before start using?
just use normally
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #3303
Arch-Supremacy Member

Make sure can connect to local server...
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #3304
Arch-Supremacy Member

Those with xiaomi air purifier 2S, u all set to auto mode or manual mode?
derekliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #3305

Checking if anyone knows any compatible filter for NAP 606 from taobao? The size is 36 cm x 28 cm x 4.5 cm, a 3 in 1 filter.

Eg for Novita 611, filter from Skg JH4053 purifiers can be used.

Last edited by momoeagle; 26-12-2019 at 12:13 PM..
momoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:57 AM   #3306

Is the Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S good? I'm thinking of getting one however, I read that there's the upgraded version which is Xiaomi Mijia Air Purifier 3.

Can you advise should is better?
donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:45 PM   #3307

Family member just got tuberculosis... any air purifier suitable to deal with that? They're past the infectious stage but would like to lower the risk further
soulforsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:02 AM   #3308

Family member just got tuberculosis... any air purifier suitable to deal with that? They're past the infectious stage but would like to lower the risk further
As long as they and you (if specified by doctors) finish their oral medicine for the specified time and the disease is eradicated, then it's safe. No need for air purifier
LoneTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #3309

Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro Review

I ordered the Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro., despite misgivings about the WiFi features, hoping that I would be able to control it sufficiently without using an app. It was ordered from the official Xiaomi Lazada store to avoid hassles dealing with a China region device. I went with the Xiaomi air purifier only because all other units I found for sale domestically were absurdly overpriced, as is the norm for appliances sold in Singapore.

This was my experience upon plugging in the device:
  • Max setting is unbearably loud
  • The button on the machine can only toggle 3 settings:
    1. "Sleep" / "Night" (moon symbol, no words)
    2. "Heart" - maximum noise
    3. (A), presumably "Auto", which either does nothing or behaves erratically as the sensor is disturbed

So, I was unable to use the medium setting out of the box. The app is required to use the purifier. The only options without the app are silent, which seems to have so low airflow as to be useless, or max, which is intolerable, or auto, which is also useless.

A positive: the display can be turned off with a button, and the unit will emit no light. I was concerned that the device may have an LED somewhere that cannot be disabled, making it useless for a bedroom.

The filter has an RFID in it. I don't know if this merely restricts me to buying official Xiaomi filters, or if it also forces me to replace the filter on a schedule regardless of the actual remaining lifespan of the filter. I cannot recommend any product that imposes these arbitrary restrictions.

I signed up for the Mi app to try to control the fan speed. After creating an account, I received a "service unavailable" message. This is precisely why a mundane appliance should not require internet connectivity to function.

Signing in again dispels the error, and I deny all "Mi App would like to use..." permissions requests. I find my way to the Devices menu. The app complains that it cannot find the air purifier without enabling Location Access it requested earlier, and I enable it.

I follow the procedure to connect the device several times, but it always hangs at "connecting to device" and implores me to move closer to the router that is beside me.

I go back to the app and find a QR code scanner function. I scan the QR code that is in the instruction manual and it tells me, "Invalid content, copy link and open in your browser". The link leads to the app store to download the same Mi app that I used to scan the QR code.

Based upon comments in this thread, I try to change the region to China. I search "China" and no region is found. I think to myself that I shouldn't have to do this anyway because I purchased the export model from the official Mi store on Lazada. Later, scrolling through the region list I find the option as "Chinese mainland".

I try to connect the device once more and it works. I switch back to the Singapore region and try again and it also works. I don't know if I was making some mistake in the prior attempts or if the app is buggy.

I notice the PM2.5 value reported in the app is different from the value displayed on the device, so that function is useless.

I was also required to accept 2 different Terms and Conditions and one Legal Agreement in order to use the app and connect the device.

The manual fan adjustment within the app works and is nice enough to have a slider rather than fixed high/medium/low settings, although it may only slide between 4 or 5 fixed settings. I set it at about 25%, any higher is annoyingly loud.

Pros:
  • Sliding adjustment of fan speed
  • Can turn off all lights

Cons:
  • RFID-restricted filters; can only use official filters, no cheap Taobao replacements
  • Default fan speeds without the app are useless, loud or useless and loud
  • Internet is required to adjust fan speed
  • App is required to adjust the fan speed; app configuration takes 30-60 minutes with troubleshooting and binds you into legal agreements
ambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:25 PM   #3310
Master Member

you didn’t even try to use a replacement filter with rfid tags and you assumed it cannot be used? the tag to me only have 1 useful function; it automatically resets the filter lifespan countdown % on the app that’s all.

if you put in a filter without rfid tag it will still work.

furthermore. i wouldn’t consider a genuine replacement filter that cost $25 which lasts 4-6 months to be expensive.
Charlie_Zhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 03:59 PM   #3311
Great Supremacy Member

Get the Xiaomi ver 3 if you want manual control of the fan speeds. 400 m3/hr CADR due to the new fan and vane designs.
Old 15-01-2020, 04:01 PM   #3312
Great Supremacy Member

If you think you feel better with an AP and have the budget, just get the Xiaomi ver 3. In fact, 2 of them is best (operating in medium speed). If it's those new BTO with very small bedrooms (eg below 10 square metres), then 1pc. The MBRs are usually bigger, best served by 2pcs in such a case.

TB also need long term exposure in order to catch.....so not too much worries.
Old 16-01-2020, 12:52 PM   #3313

Hi guys, any recommendations for air purifier for allergy purposes?
EdgeofAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #3314
Great Supremacy Member

Hi guys, any recommendations for air purifier for allergy purposes?
Dust mite droppings + mold spores are relatively big. All would work.

Just get the cheapest unit with highest airflow (CADR) with a cheapest replacement filter.

It is likely that you'd need to get 2pcs of Air Purifiers, to keep the airflow up (to have enough ACH) and noise levels down, for allergy prevention purposes.
So you'd need a small footprint as well.

Usually that means is the Xiaomi. So I'd recommend the 2pcs of ver 3.
Old 19-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #3315

Heard that the xiaomi 3s comes with hepa class 13 filters so its better than 2s? Where can i get replacement filters for class 13 filters as a quick search on qoo10 only shows the class 11 one

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
Simiishthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.