HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air purifier? - Part 2

Like Tree514Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-01-2020, 12:55 PM   #3331
Master Member

Haven’t read about the product. I assume beside higher CADR, the display should be also touch screen bah.

Don’t know how good or is it really good, but if is cheap enough, I don’t mind replace my old pro. No hurry. Can wait since my pro still doing well.
If the price is good, I may want to get it too.
ichinisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #3332

I am deciding between getting a Xiaomi 3h or a Pro air purifier.
My flat is the old 4 room flat. Am getting for the master bedroom. Is it the 3h model better or I should get the Pro version?

Last edited by susan_snowrain; 10-02-2020 at 07:22 AM..
susan_snowrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #3333
Master Member

I am deciding between getting a Xiaomi 3h or a Pro air purifier.
My flat is the old 4 room flat. Am getting for the master bedroom. Is it the 3h model better or I should get the Pro version?
Get the pro if you have the budget
Old 23-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #3334

Dyson is good!

Got to know about it from here ... ranked number 3.

https://www.sgtub.com/aircon/air-purifier-in-singapore/

But I think that's because they sort it via pricing hahaha
randyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #3335

Dyson - we got it at home and good like fan! Cooling bro!
shawnbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 12:29 AM   #3336
Arch-Supremacy Member

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 10+ 512GB/12GB Ram / Mi 9 128GB/6GB Ram/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm/Osmo Pocket/TAB S4 10.1
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #3337
Great Supremacy Member

Finally bro........ lol
Old 27-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #3338
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finally bro........ lol
Ya lor...itchy backside..

Front car cam:I TB 100 HD SP/Rear car cam:ITB 100 HD/T-Power plus mobile power station/Nikon D800/Sony RX 100 version 3/Garmin Nuvicam with BC 30 backup cam/ Garmin Edge 1000/Cycliq Fly 12CE/Fly 6 CE/Samsung Note 10+ 512GB/12GB Ram / Mi 9 128GB/6GB Ram/ Mazda3 standard/Starhub 1 Gbps fibre broadband /Brompton SR6/Merida Scultura 500/Canondale SL 4/Google Home and mini/AmazingFit Bip/ Galaxy Watch 46mm/Osmo Pocket/TAB S4 10.1
MIVEC525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #3339
Arch-Supremacy Member

What mode are u all using for ur xiaomi air purifier?

Is my xiaomi 2S Air purifier at this manual mode good enough for my master bedroom at night while slping? This is the max noise tolerance i can tahan while slping.

derekliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:10 AM   #3340
Great Supremacy Member

Repost MPPS concept of filtration again.....
Some pax are still not getting this concept correct and saying that N95 masks cannot filter viruses. (same goes for HEPA)

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...biohazards.pdf

Very large particles (< 100 μm) in slow moving airstreams may settle out due to gravity. However, most respirable particles are too small for this mechanism. Respirable particles above 0.6 μm in diameter are typically captured efficiently by interception and inertial impaction. Inertial impaction occurs when a particle cannot follow an air streamline around a fiber because of its inertia and instead impacts into the fiber. In the interception mechanism, the particle holds to the streamline, but that streamline will naturally bring the particle close enough to come in contact with the fiber.

In contrast, diffusion is typically very efficient for particles smaller than 0.1 μm. Random movements of air molecules collide with these very small particles and cause them to wander across streamlines until they come in contact with a fiber. Because of the various mechanisms by which particulate filtration occurs, the smallest particles are typically not the most difficult to filter. Most particulate filters have a region of lower filtration efficiency somewhere between 0.05-0.5 μm.

Particles in this range are large enough to be less effectively pushed around by diffusion, but small enough to be less effectively captured by interception or impaction. The most penetrating particle size (MPPS) will depend on the filter media, air flow, and
electrostatic charge on the particle. Filters that use electrostatic attraction may have a MPPS shifted to a slightly smaller size range.

Filtration efficiencies of six different commercially available US N95 filtering facepiece respirators as tested by 3M are shown in the left side of Figure 1. (Previous research has shown that for 3M products, European FFP2 respirators have equivalent or
better filtration efficiency in tests representative of health care environments.) Averaged filtration efficiencies are shown as a function of different sized sodium chloride particles at a flow rate of 85 liters per minute.

While there was variability between different samples of the same respirator model, and between different models, the MPPS included particles with a diameter between 0.04 and 0.1 μm. As seen in Figure 1, particles that are smaller or larger than the MPPS are captured with higher filtration efficiency. Filtration via diffusion (most noticeable for particles smaller than 0.1 μm) actually increases as particle size decreases. Other research has confirmed that filter efficiency increases with decreasing particle size, even for particles as small as 0.003 μm (much smaller than that of virus).

A size distribution from a sneeze is shown on the right side of Figure 1.23 It should be noted that most of the droplet nuclei are larger than the MPPS. In other words, droplet nuclei that may contain microorganisms will be filtered with high efficiency by these respirators.

Bonus

karlgantry likes this.
Old 23-03-2020, 01:16 AM   #3341

Xiaomi Air Purifiers vs Coway AP 1512HH - which one is better?

I also notice the naming convention for the Xiaomi air purifiers in Singapore seem to be different to the reviews I can find online. For example, in a Mi store here, I found 2H ($199), 3H EU ($269), EU ($299). Anyone know why the naming is a bit off? Expectedly, the coverage increases as you increase your budget.

However, I haven't been able to find any direct comparisons of the Mi purifiers to the Coway AP 1512HH that I'm interested in.

Summary of questions:
  1. Anyone have experience or has seen reviews of Xiaomi APs vs Coway AP 1512HH?
  2. How come the names of Mi purifiers in Singapore doesn't match those of online reviews?
  3. Where to buy Coway AP 1512HH in Singapore? Mainly after a good price! Best I can find is Lazada for $455.
karlgantry likes this.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #3342

My son has cough and phelgms very often.

He sweats a lot at night and my wife lets him sleep in an air con room.

Does an air purifier help in this case?

what about a humidifier?
class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 07:54 PM   #3343
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dyson - we got it at home and good like fan! Cooling bro!
Is it good as a fan? Actually the purifier function to me is secondary.

Im more interested in it cos of its aesthetics. But i need to circulate a huge room air. Not interested in vornado cos its noisy and hard to clean
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 09:06 PM   #3344
Master Member

My son has cough and phelgms very often.

He sweats a lot at night and my wife lets him sleep in an air con room.

Does an air purifier help in this case?

what about a humidifier?
I feel that an air purifier will be more ideal
Old 01-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #3345

Repost MPPS concept of filtration again.....
Some pax are still not getting this concept correct and saying that N95 masks cannot filter viruses. (same goes for HEPA)

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...biohazards.pdf

Very large particles (< 100 μm) in slow moving airstreams may settle out due to gravity. However, most respirable particles are too small for this mechanism. Respirable particles above 0.6 μm in diameter are typically captured efficiently by interception and inertial impaction. Inertial impaction occurs when a particle cannot follow an air streamline around a fiber because of its inertia and instead impacts into the fiber. In the interception mechanism, the particle holds to the streamline, but that streamline will naturally bring the particle close enough to come in contact with the fiber.

In contrast, diffusion is typically very efficient for particles smaller than 0.1 μm. Random movements of air molecules collide with these very small particles and cause them to wander across streamlines until they come in contact with a fiber. Because of the various mechanisms by which particulate filtration occurs, the smallest particles are typically not the most difficult to filter. Most particulate filters have a region of lower filtration efficiency somewhere between 0.05-0.5 μm.

Particles in this range are large enough to be less effectively pushed around by diffusion, but small enough to be less effectively captured by interception or impaction. The most penetrating particle size (MPPS) will depend on the filter media, air flow, and
electrostatic charge on the particle. Filters that use electrostatic attraction may have a MPPS shifted to a slightly smaller size range.

Filtration efficiencies of six different commercially available US N95 filtering facepiece respirators as tested by 3M are shown in the left side of Figure 1. (Previous research has shown that for 3M products, European FFP2 respirators have equivalent or
better filtration efficiency in tests representative of health care environments.) Averaged filtration efficiencies are shown as a function of different sized sodium chloride particles at a flow rate of 85 liters per minute.

While there was variability between different samples of the same respirator model, and between different models, the MPPS included particles with a diameter between 0.04 and 0.1 μm. As seen in Figure 1, particles that are smaller or larger than the MPPS are captured with higher filtration efficiency. Filtration via diffusion (most noticeable for particles smaller than 0.1 μm) actually increases as particle size decreases. Other research has confirmed that filter efficiency increases with decreasing particle size, even for particles as small as 0.003 μm (much smaller than that of virus).

A size distribution from a sneeze is shown on the right side of Figure 1.23 It should be noted that most of the droplet nuclei are larger than the MPPS. In other words, droplet nuclei that may contain microorganisms will be filtered with high efficiency by these respirators.

Bonus

Very helpful! Thank you bro! I read it again.
karlgantry is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.