Air purifier? - Part 2

Alwaysb

Reaction score
3M Filter

Hi,

I saw somewhere about this discussion but can't seems to find it now.

Can anyone share what is the difference between the 2 types of 3M air con filter found in qoo10? The 3M Filtrete™ Aircon Filters and the one from China?

Is the china one authentic? Has anyone tried? Thanks

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered from TB XM2 at RMB699 each.

Intending to order 4, so i separate to 2 orders?
Am I doing it right?

The filter should order in SG or from TB?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oops!. So guess it cannot be converted that way. Thanks for the coaching anyway. By the way, how is your Mfresh 8088A so far? Still good?

Ok ba, just use. Pretty normal, biggest plus is that it has a Turbo/High mode that you is on tap with 520 and 580m3/hr......which is useless in normal real life coz it's too loud. But will be extremely useful during moderately hazy season. Coz I don't wanna have on hand so many different AP units.

Do note that XM2 in 388 m3/hr Turbo (the advertised 330 m3/hr is HIGH) is a wee wee bit louder on the SPL meter than the M8088A in 580m3/hr Turbo.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I saw somewhere about this discussion but can't seems to find it now.

Can anyone share what is the difference between the 2 types of 3M air con filter found in qoo10? The 3M Filtrete™ Aircon Filters and the one from China?

Is the china one authentic? Has anyone tried? Thanks

Forget about the 3M Filtrete. It probably can work to about PSI 100 max from my measurements.

Any higher and the external loading would render it somewhat useless, ie internal levels still stay at high enough levels that the sensitive folks would feel uncomfortable. Not to say that it does not work, but don't bank on it.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I ordered from TB XM2 at RMB699 each.

Intending to order 4, so i separate to 2 orders?
Am I doing it right?

The filter should order in SG or from TB?

It should be ok to get 2 into 1 4PX shipment to SG. From the way they declare stuff. (they do not put shipping into it, and they use USD :s13:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So you recocommend buying filter from Tmall or from Singapore?

Since i'm going to kana GST, should i just order the other 2 and send all 4 PA altogether?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess so.

SG is S$39.90. China is RMB129 or $27.3. Add $6 for shipping (sea). Just get 2 first to tide over since you got an existing shipment.

IS it really a lot cheaper overall to go via 65DG sea route? Everything in, versus 4PX air freight handled by DHL and local-leg Speedpost? (but 2 shipments, no GST). Each unit is 6.08kg.
So 2 units in 1 x 4PX would be 12.5kg cost, or 319rmb. SGD 67.5 shipping for the 2 units.
No GST. Add 3% TB fee and 2.5% forex to the unit cost and shipping. Wala, that's it.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One more thing, the major good thing about XM1, XM2, M8088A is that they are cloud-based APs. So you can 6PM switch it on in Turbo JET mode from the MRT station, take MRT.....makan, then by the time you open door.....very very naise. :)

Or if you have infants/small kids, switch it on, and call home to ask maid or parents to close the windows and door.
You can call them to switch on AP, but sometimes they don't know + mess up the fan speeds. So you can control. But this one small issue ba.

Also, you'd know if the air in your home is smokey or not.....air quality all visible on your mobile. So you'd know if the AP is indeed working in your home, or someone forgot to close the windows (JET mode in 15 minutes already, but air quality still up there). It's not very accurate, but it's a decent indication.

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These few weeks, there's dengue clusters pretty near my place. No hit yet but few weeks back, there's one cluster which ends like just couple of units from my house...say roughly 30m away. Now there's another cluster which border is about 130-140m away. Thus I have been putting up those repellent units that plugs into the socket with a bottle of liquid hanging below the unit type, all over the house as a precaution. So if the haze strikes and I have to turn on my APs. Will the activated carbon filter of the APs neutralized all the repellent vapors in the house.

ashleeee

Reaction score
Those who order xiaomi 2 AP via taobao, do you ship it via official forwarder like 4px? I tried with the one from official xiaomi tmall, seems like the official forwarder option is disabled.

HexenHeretic

Reaction score
Those who order xiaomi 2 AP via taobao, do you ship it via official forwarder like 4px? I tried with the one from official xiaomi tmall, seems like the official forwarder option is disabled.
just tried, same behavior
never both from xiaomi store before tho

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
next will be

TB2yOIMhVXXXXaUXXXXXXXXXXXX-1714128138.jpg

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get from other unofficial sellers.

Think Beijing got one seller, rmb 750, inclusive of shunfeng.

4PX is in Dongguan now. Don't think got many Dongguan seller.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.