Air purifier? - Part 2

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
U need to uninstall mi home Singapore version n download China Mi home version. There are many options. Go play store to download. I just did it for my xiaomi ipcam. DO NOT update the China version.
can post the IOS link here?
mi app crashed when launched

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using Philips air purifier ac4025 for my bedroom.

decent with timer. but no meter for air quality. easy to operate.

I have Philips AC4025 ($199 qoo10) and AC4014 ($379 Gain City sale).

The airflow of AC4025 and the more expensive AC4014 at lower speeds is about the same.... :eek:

At high speed, the AC4014 airflow much stronger but sounds like vacuum cleaner.

But AC4025 no washable pre-filter (since the more expensive AC4012/4014 have pre-filter it seems like a deliberate design decision to make you change filters for AC4025 more often), so I have to cut out a $2 Daiso airfilter to act as disposable pre-filter.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
百姓HEPA @ RMB 20 only! Dropped from RMB29.

https://world.taobao.com/item/41163...&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-14002965306.7.9Z2stX

Ad6MTIS.jpg

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using up my 5 last 3M Filtrete Elite Allergen MERV-13 filters before the start of the haze season proper. Usually this would be usable for around 4-6 weeks before it goes down, coz it's electrostatic.

Also have 1 more set of Honeywell H13 filter to use in the Sharp KC-840. And 3 more TB HEPA 45mm. And 2 more Sharp H13 originals. I think i over did it. :eek:

Tested the particle efficiency. It's 90% but at my Sharp KC-840's medium high speed.
High speed, it's unable to hold on to 90% but drops to about 75%.

However, airflow rises in high speed, of coz.

It's a 1" 25mm thick filter, and not so many pleats vs TB HEPA. Compared to 45mm TB HEPA, the airflow increased about 22%. So yes, this has pretty low resistance but very decent filtration, despite being 25mm and only having 50% of the pleats that the HEPA has.

Lousy cutting though. :s13: But that's ok, i have the M8088A in the room as well.

ah89eex.jpg

The pleats looks quite messed up. Is the airflow affected?

5th May. Less than 3 weeks

Lots of shiat picked up by the 3M Filtrete MPR 2200 MERV 13 electrostatic filter.

Messed up pleats no effect. Grey colour filter pretty uniform, no white patches indicated no airflow

nv3xmb7.jpg

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
5th May. Less than 3 weeks

Lots of shiat picked up by the 3M Filtrete MPR 2200 MERV 13 electrostatic filter.

Messed up pleats no effect. Grey colour filter pretty uniform, no white patches indicated no airflow

nv3xmb7.jpg

wah black :eek::(

AP finally arrived in the Distribution centre...

wonder if can asked them to deliver on Mon since today just arrived in the distribution centre... Sat and Sun no one to receive it :(...cant put it outside to let other people take for free :s22:=:p

Hopefully it possible to request it... otherwise they make a waste trip :s22::(

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah black :eek::(

AP finally arrived in the Distribution centre...

wonder if can asked them to deliver on Mon since today just arrived in the distribution centre... Sat and Sun no one to receive it :(...cant put it outside to let other people take for free :s22:=:p

Hopefully it possible to request it... otherwise they make a waste trip :s22::(

Just put into riser, put a note on the gate and ask them deposit there. If wasted trip, then cant be helped.

Black colour....pretty standard lah, is probably coz of the recent slight haze. Is a matter of how black only. Haze 2015 was far worse.

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just put into riser, put a note on the gate and ask them deposit there. If wasted trip, then cant be helped.

Black colour....pretty standard lah, is probably coz of the recent slight haze. Is a matter of how black only. Haze 2015 was far worse.

no riser cause old HDB flats :( only downstairs have (1st floor) but looking at the condition of the riser... dont think it worth to put anything inside :s22:

already asked them to see if can postponed or not :s12:

Hopefully it working or I need to ship back... wasting me my time and money...:(

decided to risk only Saturday... Sunday be good so didnt go out :s34: He did came to deliver it...didnt expect they deliver on Sunday too :s34:

Last edited:

patcheon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have Philips AC4025 ($199 qoo10) and AC4014 ($379 Gain City sale).

I've got a Philips AC4372 @$490 for my living and dining rooms combined and a AC4012 @$244.30 for a bedroom from the previous Philips carnival and member sales. There will be another Philips carnival coming up next weekend if not mistaken.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OT a little, anybody here bought water filter from Taobao befor? Any to recommend?

chilax18

Banned
Reaction score
share shipping cost

hi,

if u buying items from taobao and need forwarder, kindlgy contact me at 91493180 as i need people to share shippign cost with me. >60kg half the shipment cost. TYVM. currently have 20kg only.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi WussRedXLi,

i am thinking of using the xm2 air purifier as a secondary hood for my kitchen?
from your exiperience, do you think it is effective?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi WussRedXLi,

i am thinking of using the xm2 air purifier as a secondary hood for my kitchen?
from your exiperience, do you think it is effective?

Buy a $38 Morries brand cheap small-medium sized air circulator that is floor based and place it in the yard, blow clean air into the kitchen. Cold air would be blown into the kitchen at the base of the yard opening and warm air exiting at the top. Close the door for Kitchen-living room.

Do not try to suck dirty air from the ktichen, the blades and motor would get dirty.

Use the electrical plug located at the yard.

Performance would be better than 3 x XM2 air purifiers.

HEPA media does not work much for oil particles.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.