HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

bathroom taps mixer question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #1

bathroom taps mixer question

Say I buy a bathroom mixer tap, that comes with hot and cold outlet. if I only want to use the cold water supply as I have no hot water storage tank, what connector do I need to have, such that, when I turn to the hot side of the tap, cold water will still come out.
angy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

Buy a T joint just before cold water tap outlet and connect to hot water?
shadow84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #3

Buy a T joint just before cold water tap outlet and connect to hot water?
thanks so much for the reply.

I see what a T joint is now. I think I better stick on to a single cold tap. Is there such a t joint as a 3/8 and 3/8 on both side of the T and a 1/2 at the bottom of the T. Since most of the European taps are 3/8 for both the hot and cold outlet?
Old 13-02-2020, 10:25 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can contact plumber at 96622019.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #5
High Supremacy Member

thanks so much for the reply.

I see what a T joint is now. I think I better stick on to a single cold tap. Is there such a t joint as a 3/8 and 3/8 on both side of the T and a 1/2 at the bottom of the T. Since most of the European taps are 3/8 for both the hot and cold outlet?
Usually all 3 holes are of same size, easier to manufacture. Might be possible to find 1 hole bigger than other 2 but u need search very hard or custom make it. If not buy a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor.
shadow84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #6

Usually all 3 holes are of same size, easier to manufacture. Might be possible to find 1 hole bigger than other 2 but u need search very hard or custom make it. If not buy a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor.
thank you for your reply

I know it is easy to call the plumber and said fix it and pay them for their service. But sometimes it is nice to learn something new. Much appreciate your reply.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.