HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which brand of tv would you buy?

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2019, 01:12 AM   #31

Yeah, LCD TV just buy cheap can liao, not worth buying the expensive models. especially when TVs in Singapore all farking marked up gaogao versus US/China. The only TV I would pay premium for is LG C9 OLED and even the 55" here is just barely cheaper than the 65" in US before GST

Just make sure when get LCD TV get the VA panel (straight subpixels seen up close) instead of IPS (v-shaped subpixels). VA 3x better contrast ratio wins over IPS better viewing angle for most kind of usage.
May I ask why LG C9 is worth?
snowblaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:17 AM   #32

Saw at the roadshow during IMM, its QLED and very sharp quality
Q80R? .....
malaikai2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #33
High Supremacy Member

Just realised samsung high end doesnt support most Dolby format sia, except dolby vision.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:39 AM   #34

Yeah, LCD TV just buy cheap can liao, not worth buying the expensive models. especially when TVs in Singapore all farking marked up gaogao versus US/China. The only TV I would pay premium for is LG C9 OLED and even the 55" here is just barely cheaper than the 65" in US before GST

Just make sure when get LCD TV get the VA panel (straight subpixels seen up close) instead of IPS (v-shaped subpixels). VA 3x better contrast ratio wins over IPS better viewing angle for most kind of usage.
Yeah agreed! I got the Toasty TV also. Cheap and good
Jamesle is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.