HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Casement aircon for bto flat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #1

Smile Casement aircon for bto flat

Hi, has anyone installed casement aircon for their bto flat? Can share your experience?

Considering whether to install split unit or casement aircon. Wanted to cool one bedroom only and don't really want to hack a few internal walls to run the aircon pipes and trunking. Thanks.
hobbes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #2

Hi, has anyone installed casement aircon for their bto flat? Can share your experience?

Considering whether to install split unit or casement aircon. Wanted to cool one bedroom only and don't really want to hack a few internal walls to run the aircon pipes and trunking. Thanks.
Years back, I installed system3 for my 3 bedrooms when moved in to new house, after few years, decided to have aircon at study room, so I then put casement aircon for my study room.

IMHO, no need to consider too much, go for split unit.

First and most importantly, casement aircon uses rotary compressor, the noise level is not comfortable for resting.
Secondly, electricity power consumption is higher than inventor compressor.
Thirdly, Take up space of the windows.
cis2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:50 PM   #3

Can consider a system one, cost similar to a casement with lower noise & energy levels.

terumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #4

Casement ac is very noisy. Lots of vibration.

Also cannot be very cold. And eats electricity.

I still prefer System AC.
cheongking888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #5

You like the wo......wo.... wooo.....sound from the moment you switch on the aircon ? Very easy to collect dirt on the fins of aircon and has to be cleared immediately or else the fins will start to freeze due to water accumulated on them, then no more cool air. I had used it before and had dumped it away.

Last edited by xiangzeng; 09-09-2017 at 12:38 PM..
xiangzeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Master Member

i used casement aircon before and i won't use it anymore. i rather pay more to have a system 1
but if you got no choice then die die must get europace casement ac. the rest of the brand is all rubbish and not cold at all
logitech123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #7

You like the wo......wo.... wooo.....sound from the moment you switch on the aircon ? Very easy to collect dirt on the fins of aircon and has to be cleared immediately or else the fins will start to freeze due to water accumulated on them, then no more cool air. I had used it before and had dumped it away.

"wo..wo.woo"? do you mean the compressor's sound? that is because the casement aircon is all-in-one (that's why nosier) , whereas split unit spread the compressor and place it outside the house, that is why the Fancoil unit in the room is much quiet, there is nothing to do with collecting dirt due to the noise.

Both Casement/Windows aircon and Split aircon's fancoil fins work the same way.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #8

The noise can be unbearable.

My parent flat installed both window and casement Ac in different room. Super noisy as the ac becomes older.
cheongking888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #9

"wo..wo.woo"? do you mean the compressor's sound? that is because the casement aircon is all-in-one (that's why nosier) , whereas split unit spread the compressor and place it outside the house, that is why the Fancoil unit in the room is much quiet, there is nothing to do with collecting dirt due to the noise.

Both Casement/Windows aircon and Split aircon's fancoil fins work the same way.
I am talking about the dirt forming on the cooling fins, blocking air flow and then the cooling fins form ice and stop cooling due to no air passes through it.

My post talked about 2 things - 1) noise from the compressor and the blower and 2) the dirt forming on the cooling fins as stated above.

So you have cut short to say dirt caused the noise, which is incorrect.
xiangzeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #10

I am talking about the dirt forming on the cooling fins, blocking air flow and then the cooling fins form ice and stop cooling due to no air passes through it.

My post talked about 2 things - 1) noise from the compressor and the blower and 2) the dirt forming on the cooling fins as stated above.

So you have cut short to say dirt caused the noise, which is incorrect.
I re-read your original post again :

1. You like the wo......wo.... wooo.....sound from the moment you switch on the aircon ?

-- you are referring to casement aircon since compressor is built together in whole unit.

2. Very easy to collect dirt on the fins of aircon and has to be cleared immediately or else the fins will start to freeze due to water accumulated on them, then no more cool air.

-- you mean you are referring to any aircon fancoil unit here. Need to mention here meh?? Where TS is asking about opinion about casement aircon and split unit.

3. I had used it before and had dumped it away."

-- You are referring to casement aircon again in your third sentences.

The way you present your sentences, no wonder ppl misunderstood lah. No offense.

Last edited by cis2910; 11-09-2017 at 02:54 PM..
Old 01-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #11

1. You like the wo......wo.... wooo.....sound from the moment you switch on the aircon ?

The way you present your sentences, no wonder ppl misunderstood lah. No offense.
Agreed. Who the f**k know what is woo wo wooo? Hoo hoo hoo we know is 梁婆婆 only....
Pinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.