Which Ceiling Fan Brand is Good?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JB is far cheaper but note if spoil u must bring back to exchange or go back buy new one

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi you bought any from JB? any review? :)
Yes I went on a Friday about 2 weeks back
Not much comments on how to get there as my future FIL drove there. It was about 20mins from woodlands checkpoint and around the same distance to Tuas (went in through woodlands and came back through Tuas)

Prices for fans are much cheaper there, bought a 43" and 50" Aeratron AE3 for 1299rm each which is about slightly more than 1/2 price in SG

Also bought most of my lighting from there too (Bedroom cake light, dining lights, track lights, toilet lights)

All of the lights were cheaper than SG by 20-50%

However I realised (only when I came back to SG) that tracklights we're about the same price in SG (~25-30SGD)
Some of the tracklights had chipped paint exteriors which would be a hassle to go back and exchange

I went to a local shop to buy the track ($10 per metre) and found that the tracklight holder and bulb were the same price and the design is slightly nicer in SG

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

xiangzeng

Reaction score

I installed 3 ceiling fans myself. 2 x 42" and 1 x 56" (if I don't remember the size wrongly).

Just need to drill the holes to hold the bracket. Screw got to use those expandable screw
1PCS-Free-Shipping-M10X60mm-150mm-304-Stainless-Steel-Expansion-Screw-M10-font-b-Expanding-b-font.jpg
. After that mount the body and connect the wiring (very easy only 3 wires), fix the blades and cover.

You got to need drills, screw, ladder, testpen, wire-connector, cutter (strip wire). Not too difficult if you are physically fit.
May I ask what is the size of the drill bit in mm? The bolts and nuts are large and thus the drill hole is similarly large as well.

artemov

Reaction score
I went to a local shop to buy the track ($10 per metre) and found that the tracklight holder and bulb were the same price and the design is slightly nicer in SG

May I know which local shop you went to for tracks and tracklights? You can PM me if u wanna. Thanks!

fila_22

Reaction score
Yes I went on a Friday about 2 weeks back
Not much comments on how to get there as my future FIL drove there. It was about 20mins from woodlands checkpoint and around the same distance to Tuas (went in through woodlands and came back through Tuas)

Prices for fans are much cheaper there, bought a 43" and 50" Aeratron AE3 for 1299rm each which is about slightly more than 1/2 price in SG

Also bought most of my lighting from there too (Bedroom cake light, dining lights, track lights, toilet lights)

All of the lights were cheaper than SG by 20-50%

However I realised (only when I came back to SG) that tracklights we're about the same price in SG (~25-30SGD)
Some of the tracklights had chipped paint exteriors which would be a hassle to go back and exchange

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Hi, do mind sharing where did you get the tracklight in Singapore? Tia

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go Msia buy. I bought 2 ceiling fans for 100 SGD each. So cheap, spoil can just replace.

Anyone has heard or using NSB fans?Am planning to get them from jb.
Is 18w from the fan enough to illum a resale master/common room by itself for task lighting?This will be in cool light.I have downlights in warm.

mt

Reaction score
Anyone have used amasco brand model is wale , ceiling fan? Please advise

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
Which ceiling fan brand is better?

Aeroton/Crestar/Fanco/Amasco?

Looking at around 50 inches
DC motor.

Reaction score
ya lo... everytime go in jb also jam. I want buy lights also, just saw today the ezbuy having furniture sale with $2.99 flat rate shipping.. so maybe i will buy coffee table and some chairs also.. but anyone bought furniture from ezbuy b4?

sharpsnapper

Reaction score
Bought tv console with glass surface top, shoe cabinet and many misc things with ezbuy $2.99 shipping, add around $15 or $20 for home delivery.

TheBaldMan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya lo... everytime go in jb also jam. I want buy lights also, just saw today the ezbuy having furniture sale with $2.99 flat rate shipping.. so maybe i will buy coffee table and some chairs also.. but anyone bought furniture from ezbuy b4?

3 times.Smalleritems as described.Chair and table quality much to improve.No more big furnture from ezbuy for me.

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which brand of Wall Fan is good? KDK Panasonic Mistral all ok right since only wall fan.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ceiling fan wise, my recommendation is Amasco. Been using it for long time, i.e. more than 7 years. Other brand that I am testing is Fanco. So far its been running well for a year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.