HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Clothes dryer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Clothes dryer

I know the difference between condenser dryer & air vented but anyone know what is heat pump dryer?

Does it require that ugly huge air exhaust hose like vented? Or does it have a water tray like condenser?
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #2

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/appli...t-pump-dryers/

Looks like the exhaust hose is not needed.
Chalkycliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

https://www.canstarblue.com.au/appli...t-pump-dryers/

Looks like the exhaust hose is not needed.
Thanks. So looks like its still a condenser dryer but supposedly more power saving.
Old 20-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #4

Thanks. So looks like its still a condenser dryer but supposedly more power saving.
Costs a heck of a lot more than a condenser dryer, so not sure what kind of $$ savings can be seen.

Last edited by Chalkycliffs; 20-01-2018 at 04:59 PM..
Chalkycliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
High Supremacy Member

Costs a heck of a lot more than a condenser dryer, so not sure what kind of $$ savings can be seen.
What I gather it supposedly uses less electricity. Guess its kind of like a fridge with 4 ticks costs more than a fridge with 2 ticks but uses less electricity. Except I really wonder how much savings you really get in real world terms.

To me I guess its more about moisture since heat pump supposedly means the laundry is not exposed to moisture. From what I understand for vented and condenser the laundry is exposed to moisture. So I assume after taking the items out, its probably best still to let them air a little? If heat pump means no moisture then I guess that's one less step after removing laundry.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 PM   #6

Cab consider gas dryer if you plan on using a lot and your HDB has citygas.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
runhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:53 AM   #7

Main difference is the “exhaust hose”. Application is for different area to put the dryer. If there’s access to outside of the house, then exhaust hose is recommended. If the area where dryer is placed is all sealed up, then can’t use exhaust hose as the whole place will be hot air. I heard from salesman that those without exhaust hose might not last as long as those with exhaust hose. Probably due to more maintenance required...
pelangi15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #8

Here is the SP services gas dryer specs in case anyone needs them in the future.

They only offer one model at the moment.

Sent from OnePlus A5010 using GAGT
runhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.