Which digital display timer for aircon is the best?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone using a timer, preferably digital display type, for his split-unit aircon at the main switch? I'm referring to the plug with the round pins and rated 15A

What is the best and reliable brand and where you bought it?

Thanks

Last edited:

cheongking888

Reaction score
15 amps Timer switch quite rare.

You may want to check with Aircon technician whether it is advisable to keep turning on and off of the CU or not.

My technician advised me not to switch off the CU main everyday as it may damage the CU PCB or Capacitors.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone using a timer, preferably digital display type, for his split-unit aircon at the main switch? I'm referring to the plug with the round pins and rated 15A

What is the best and reliable brand and where you bought it?

Thanks

Split unit or standalone windows unit?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You may want to check with Aircon technician whether it is advisable to keep turning on and off of the CU or not.

My technician advised me not to switch off the CU main everyday as it may damage the CU PCB or Capacitors.

Is not true.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

PowerPac at HomeFix and Sound Tech both has one 15A analog model. So far cannot find 15A digital timer model

I'm only intending to switch on my aircon say at 6pm and turn itself off the next morning at 7am so there's no always turning on and off the compressor. It's just like any normal daily using.

Last edited:

sacbkoh

Reaction score
Is not true.

If your aircon is a window-type you can use a timer switch but if split-type you should control the turning on/off with the timer control on the remote control rather than using a timer switch to power down the system completely.
For split-type aircon, you should power down only after you have turned off the system using the remote control. In any case, the aircon blower won't turn on when the power switch is turned on. You still need the use the remote control to turn on the blower, isn't it?
When you use the timer switch to turn off the aircon, the aircon blower and compressor would not be able to power down properly, e.g. retract the blower cover, keep the fan in the outdoor unit running for several minutes to cool heat exchange unit if necessary, etc. When you power down with the timer switch, the system experiences a power trip when the system is still running. If this happens too often, the compressor circuit and sensitive parts like the thermisters, may be damaged.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

If your aircon is a window-type you can use a timer switch but if split-type you should control the turning on/off with the timer control on the remote control rather than using a timer switch to power down the system completely.
For split-type aircon, you should power down only after you have turned off the system using the remote control. In any case, the aircon blower won't turn on when the power switch is turned on. You still need the use the remote control to turn on the blower, isn't it?
When you use the timer switch to turn off the aircon, the aircon blower and compressor would not be able to power down properly, e.g. retract the blower cover, keep the fan in the outdoor unit running for several minutes to cool heat exchange unit if necessary, etc. When you power down with the timer switch, the system experiences a power trip when the system is still running. If this happens too often, the compressor circuit and sensitive parts like the thermisters, may be damaged.

I'm considering renting out 2 of my rooms so using the remote to control each unit is useless.

For turning on let the tenant do it using the remote. For cutting off the power the timer at the main switch will do its job

You have a good point when powering down and the compressor experiences a power trip instead of a normal shut down. I'll discuss with the aircon man on this. Thanks for this

Edit

My aircon man says no issue with this setup

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Tried out 2 units

One without brand and one from PowerPac

Both don't work out. Not functioning

:s8:

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Got the PowerPac unit replaced and the replacement unit also not working

However, the analog one by SOUND TECH works perfectly :D

Last edited:

Louise1002

Reaction score
I'm considering renting out 2 of my rooms so using the remote to control each unit is useless.

For turning on let the tenant do it using the remote. For cutting off the power the timer at the main switch will do its job

You have a good point when powering down and the compressor experiences a power trip instead of a normal shut down. I'll discuss with the aircon man on this. Thanks for this

Edit

Hi is it working after install?

Jasadam

Reaction score

Edit

Hi, would also like to get one of this timer. Can let me know where to buy and what brand/model? I bought 1 timer but it will auto on the aircon unit in the room without using remote. It will be wasting electricity if no one is around. Can advise how does your timer operates? Thanks.

Proxy1

Reaction score
Hi, would also like to get one of this timer. Can let me know where to buy and what brand/model? I bought 1 timer but it will auto on the aircon unit in the room without using remote. It will be wasting electricity if no one is around. Can advise how does your timer operates? Thanks.
Bro I believe you are using Mitsubishi starmex for this brand it will auto on.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.