e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro

SandMan

Reaction score
yes xiaomi may not work with rm plugin, as advised by developer. try this see if it helps:
- Settings -> About Phone -> MIUI version (tap several times to enable developer options)
- Settings -> Additional settings -> Developer options -> scroll to the very bottom to turn off MIUI optimisations.
- Reboot

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be able to reach by RF
i have the RM Pro at the TV console area.
I can control my light switch in BedRoom 2 (in between MBR and Bedroom 1.)
the "line of sight" from RM Pro to MBR is the walkway. so i think should not be an iissue since there is no wall barrier.
(thats for my house lah. Not sure if it will work for you)

lovehina83

Reaction score
Thanks. I think line of sight doesn't apply to RF? hopefully RM Pro in living room can trigger my ceiling fan in MBR.

should be able to reach by RF
i have the RM Pro at the TV console area.
I can control my light switch in BedRoom 2 (in between MBR and Bedroom 1.)
the "line of sight" from RM Pro to MBR is the walkway. so i think should not be an iissue since there is no wall barrier.
(thats for my house lah. Not sure if it will work for you)

Just FYI. scoured SLT for the cheapest RF plugs, bought 5 at $39. Supposed to work at 433.92mhz according to shacboi!
RQctEQW.jpg

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think line of sight doesn't apply to RF? hopefully RM Pro in living room can trigger my ceiling fan in MBR.

Just FYI. scoured SLT for the cheapest RF plugs, bought 5 at $39. Supposed to work at 433.92mhz according to shacboi!
RQctEQW.jpg

ya no need thats why i put it " "
haha cos walls sometimes will block also

wah can share where to get the plugs?

shacboi

Reaction score

haha, mine 433.92mhz works la, no brand one, bought from shopee user....

so should work la, just need to try out. have faith! :s13:

shacboi

Reaction score
Bought it at Sim Lim tower #03-43! 5 for 39.
The other shops selling 2 for 30bucks or something... Expensive.

yea, 2 rf sockets and 1 rf remote for $30++ abit exp.

i bought online $28+ for 4 rf sockets and 1 rf remote. but need to wait shipping from china la, almost 2 weeks+.

see how urgent u need it.

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought it at Sim Lim tower #03-43! 5 for 39.
The other shops selling 2 for 30bucks or something... Expensive.

ok thanks!
currently can only think of robot cleaner. On switch, send IR commands via RM Pro to start cleaning.

or turn on cooker to warm food prior to getting home...

lovehina83

Reaction score
And the list goes on..... LoL!
Would be interesting to see what everyone using RM pro for in their household!

ok thanks!
currently can only think of robot cleaner. On switch, send IR commands via RM Pro to start cleaning.

shacboi

Reaction score
ok thanks!

And the list goes on..... LoL!
Would be interesting to see what everyone using RM pro for in their household!

ok, maybe i share my RM Pro setup first.....

studyroom:
1. fanco fan(& light)

spare room:
1. fanco fan(& light)

master room:
1. 2 x bedside lamps (rf sockets)

livingroom:
1. TV
2. cable box from starhub
3. TV lift (my tv is hidden in console, mechanical lift to lift TV out of console, RF remote)
4. bookshelf light (rf socket)
5. hanging light (rf socket)
6. air-con

Future:
wanted to change livingroom wall switch so can control my mechnical living ceiling fan and downlights too.

how bout u guys ? :s13:

lovehina83

Reaction score
Bro I'm curious. I assume 2 Franco fans will share the same frequency. Wouldn't the RM pro trigger both fans?

ok, maybe i share my RM Pro setup first.....

studyroom:
1. fanco fan(& light)

spare room:
1. fanco fan(& light)

master room:
1. 2 x bedside lamps (rf sockets)

livingroom:
1. TV
2. cable box from starhub
3. TV lift (my tv is hidden in console, mechanical lift to lift TV out of console, RF remote)
4. bookshelf light (rf socket)
5. hanging light (rf socket)
6. air-con

Future:
wanted to change livingroom wall switch so can control my mechnical living ceiling fan and downlights too.

how bout u guys ? :s13:

shacboi

Reaction score
Bro I'm curious. I assume 2 Franco fans will share the same frequency. Wouldn't the RM pro trigger both fans?

Can set fan 1 and 2 I suppose

eh, i think fanco fans zai leh, the remote is not interchangable... meaning i use studyroom remote try on the spareroom fan will not work, i tink mayb in the remote still can switch config, setting ?? that's my guess too, like wat xenocide said... but at least the 2 fans response seperately to their own remotes, so i no need to worry. :s13:

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My KDK fan remote works for all fans in my bedroom, study room and MBR. Hahaha but IR is ok cos line of sight and cannot penetrate walls.

My RM pro is in living room so cannot on these fans also. That’s why I bought the Bean to see if can setup room aircon and fan.

shacboi

Reaction score
My KDK fan remote works for all fans in my bedroom, study room and MBR. Hahaha but IR is ok cos line of sight and cannot penetrate walls.

My RM pro is in living room so cannot on these fans also. That’s why I bought the Bean to see if can setup room aircon and fan.

I thought fan remote is RF? KDK IR remote ar?

lovehina83

Reaction score
Is it even possible to change TV input eg. HDMI1 to HDMI2 Via RM pro?
Somehow or rather my LG TV can only power on/off. The rest of the buttons (menu, back etc) don't work, RM pro doesn't recognize these buttons.
Anyone has the same issue?

shacboi

Reaction score
TV Remote

Is it even possible to change TV input eg. HDMI1 to HDMI2 Via RM pro?
Somehow or rather my LG TV can only power on/off. The rest of the buttons (menu, back etc) don't work, RM pro doesn't recognize these buttons.
Anyone has the same issue?

i can learn my sony tv remote buttons such as channel button 0 - 9, mute, ok button, etc. dun think shld be any issue, mayb just need to aim nearer to rm pro.

as for the tv input hdmi1 to hdmi2, i believe the tv remote we click on one button den it will goto tat page den we jus continue clicking to the one we want and leave it right ?? this kind of multiple clicks function, using rm pro, via app, is the same as long u learn that button, den on ur app u click n click n click, it shld function lik u holding ur remote. :s22:

and FYI if u r intending to integrate with Alexa, i think the switching TV input with many clicks... u be better using app or remote for it, i dun think u want to repeat your command many times just to do that. Alexa is not mean for such use i think oso. hahaa

Last edited:

xenocide

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah my KDK fan is IR.
I’m using KlikR before switching to RMPro

SandMan

Reaction score
I had LG tv controlled by rm pro no problems. Just learn/relearn the signals, dont rely solely on builtin signals provided by broadlink.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.