e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro

BenBen010103

Reaction score
How do you use the rmpro to control lights? You need to install some device to the lights first?

Will it be possible for the rmpro to link up to those remote control touch screen light switch panel?

Can echo dot link up to rmpro? If yes what are the function it can do and what are the requirements? Your lights need to be able to communicate to echo dot directly or can echo dot control the lights through rm pro?

Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you use the rmpro to control lights? You need to install some device to the lights first?

Will it be possible for the rmpro to link up to those remote control touch screen light switch panel?

Can echo dot link up to rmpro? If yes what are the function it can do and what are the requirements? Your lights need to be able to communicate to echo dot directly or can echo dot control the lights through rm pro?

All the lights of my whole house can be control via RM Pro, there are many things which RM Pro can do including Motion Sensors and Smart Plug.

I can show you if you are interested. =:p

BenBen010103

Reaction score
Carlover76

Just want to check with you if I just place 1 rm pro in the living room, will it be able to cover the signal for the whole house switches with its wireless signal?

Have you tried the black dot? Will the black dot be able to link to the rm pro if I place black dot in room instead of rm pro in every room?

What about echo dot? Will it be able to link up to rm pro to use voice and control stuffs?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carlover76

Just want to check with you if I just place 1 rm pro in the living room, will it be able to cover the signal for the whole house switches with its wireless signal?

Have you tried the black dot? Will the black dot be able to link to the rm pro if I place black dot in room instead of rm pro in every room?

What about echo dot? Will it be able to link up to rm pro to use voice and control stuffs?

It depend on whether there is any blockage by your furniture but 1 RM Pro should be sufficient for the control of all light switches for my 4 Room HDB. I install another RM Pro in my kitchen as the signal to control the LED light is being blocked by the fridge.

As for the Black Dot, I am not sure on that or you are referring to Black Bean by RM Pro. For the voice control, I will consider later as it require few devices and programming in order to communicate with RM Pro. If you want to let professional to do the installation and programming, it will cost another $500 or more.

BenBen010103

Reaction score
Yup, I'm referring to the black bean.

The signal to control your led light in the kitchen is by IR or wireless?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm referring to the black bean.

The signal to control your led light in the kitchen is by IR or wireless?

I see and do note that Black Bean only have RF or WIFI and do not have IR so if you want to control devices like your TV or devices on IR then Black Bean will not work.

Broadlink Touch Switch is using WIFI as IR is short distance compared to RF (WIFI).

sg_scouser

Reaction score
I see and do note that Black Bean only have RF or WIFI and do not have IR so if you want to control devices like your TV or devices on IR then Black Bean will not work.

Broadlink Touch Switch is using WIFI as IR is short distance compared to RF (WIFI).
Bro..can share ur contact for the rm pro n touch switch?

noelchew

Reaction score
Yes but the installation is very easy. If you are renovating the house then just ask your electrician to do for you.

I do the installation myself anyway.

Sent from Sony F8332 using GAGT

Thx for your prompt reply. I wanted installation cos some say need to add capacitor else light will flickle. By the way for RM Pro..did you try using it with MIO TV set top box?
thanks.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, does the rm pro works with starhub cable set top box?

Brother, the RM Pro will work with any devices which are controlled by RF or IR so any setup box will work as long as you need to learn the remote signals of that setup box before you can control via RM Pro.

Hope the above clarifies. =:p

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
Must u have a clear line of sight for the RM pro to work with the TC switch?

I am contemplating to do Z-wave switch but those require a neutral wire.. So the cost is definitely way higher..

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Must u have a clear line of sight for the RM pro to work with the TC switch?

I am contemplating to do Z-wave switch but those require a neutral wire.. So the cost is definitely way higher..

That depends on the blockage and how far is the switch from the RM Pro, guess it should be ok for a HDB Flat as mine is 4 Room.

You can always get 1 RM Pro and test with the switches, if there is blockage of signal then you can always add 1 more RM Pro at any area to increase the coverage. =:p

noelchew

Reaction score
Brother, the RM Pro will work with any devices which are controlled by RF or IR so any setup box will work as long as you need to learn the remote signals of that setup box before you can control via RM Pro.

Hope the above clarifies. =:p

have u tried integrating it with homekit or amazon echo?

RayOfLight

Reaction score
anyone use the broadlink motor curtain? does it work with rm pro? anyone bought from tb? may I know how's the shipment like and whether can customised the length?

gohlex

Reaction score
anyone knows if the TC2 provide state feedback to e-control app? as in if you on off the switch manually, is the e-control app show the state correctly?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.