e-Remote Broadlink RM-Pro

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using IHC app - Userdefine
You need to setup all the buttons of the remote control one by one. This is very tedious cos need to check physically that the button will correspond to the tv.

Once you set that up, you need to make use of the scene. Example to create NatGeo channel. You need to input button2 , button0, button1. Here is tricky part. You need to do the trail and error to find the lag between each button. It could be 1 to 4 seconds between each button.

That is just for 1 channel. You can to do the same for the rest of the channels.

Previously google home support scene mode and shortcut. So i can just change the shortcut to "change to NatGeo" and make google to "turn on Ch201"

The current google update cant do it anymore. Maybe once google sort out its linkage, we can get that back.
are you referring to routines? where you can add new command/key word to trigger google assistant to activate a particular scene in IHC?

the feature is still there on the Google home app.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Aditshar

Reaction score
Yup its renamed routines but the prob now scene cant be detected on google assistant/home

are you referring to routines? where you can add new command/key word to trigger google assistant to activate a particular scene in IHC?

the feature is still there on the Google home app.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still pretty new to all these ...
but Google Home can still execute scenes created on ihc
e.g. “Sony TV” = ON/OFF, “Sony Volume Up 1” = TV vol up 1 step, “Sony Volume Down 2” = TV Vol reduced by 2 ...
“Hey Google, activate(or run) Sony TV” ... “run Sony Volume etc” ...
still executable by GH

Yup its renamed routines but the prob now scene cant be detected on google assistant/home

Elon Jobs

Reaction score

My scenes are all working fine. I can find them on my Google Home app - settings - more settings - assistant - home control.

Under the same assistant drop down, you can see routines. Click on it, then the blue + icon, add action, popular actions, adjust scenes and you shall see all your scenes there. You’ll be able to use routines the exact same way you use shortcuts- you can input a few commands to activate a particular scene. Routines is way better because you can activate multiple scenes, turn on/off your IR devices and/or plugs, make your GHM reply with a custom response and/or play a song/media/tell you about the weather, and you can even choose a specific time and day for this particular routine, all with one single command.

https://youtu.be/2e6NiSyo7Yo

Last edited:

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SWL4enKbmrTAS2Ax7

Another problem when I install TC2-1 for my bathroom light....

I just not sure how to install it properly and the light on all the time and also flickering....

Video and photo inside the album above.

That’s one of the “issues” with TC2- for certain lights/fans that has too low wattage, flickering will occur. You have got to physically remove the light from the ceiling and install the capacitor as such: http://imgur.com/cEoRdm0

Aditshar

Reaction score
I know what you mean but the recent update, my google assistant cant execute the "scene" made for mio tv eversince i reconfigure my broadlink setup. Anyway i not using mio tv anymore so its no issue for me :s13:

My scenes are all working fine. I can find them on my Google Home app - settings - more settings - assistant - home control.

Under the same assistant drop down, you can see routines. Click on it, then the blue + icon, add action, popular actions, adjust scenes and you shall see all your scenes there. You’ll be able to use routines the exact same way you use shortcuts- you can input a few commands to activate a particular scene. Routines is way better because you can activate multiple scenes, turn on/off your IR devices and/or plugs, make your GHM reply with a custom response and/or play a song/media/tell you about the weather, and you can even choose a specific time and day for this particular routine, all with one single command.

https://youtu.be/2e6NiSyo7Yo

bpsimm

Reaction score
That’s one of the “issues” with TC2- for certain lights/fans that has too low wattage, flickering will occur. You have got to physically remove the light from the ceiling and install the capacitor as such: http://imgur.com/cEoRdm0
Not sure how to install it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/n1VAvDg8pu37RZe88
I should remove it somemore and then connect the capacitor, right?

Elon Jobs

Reaction score

Yes, the part to connect the capacitor is inside the bulb casing from the photo you have attached. Or you can change your bulb to a higher wattage one like someone above has suggested.

But to begin with, I don’t thinking changing a bulb to make your smart switch work properly is a good idea, more of a last resort since you’re already where you are and a bulb definitely cost less than a new smart switch, but if you’re going to factor in a higher electricity bill over time (since a higher wattage bulb consumes more electricity), you might be better off just selling your TC2 on Carousell and using some other brand of smart switch which doesn’t require you to install a capacitor and/or change a bulb.

Last edited:

Elon Jobs

Reaction score

Something like this. Not the clearest video but the best I could find.
https://youtu.be/KQicRaV65zk

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
I have been recently having this problem. My broadlink rm3 kept getting disconnected from the network and resetting of broadlink will not reestablish the connection. Instead I had to reset my router and then broadlink gets connected again. Wonder whether my broadlink rm3 rosak already

alex_harnozd

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure if anyone of you had this problem before.
I got Google home + Broadlink Rm pro
With voice command activated for tv fan aircon and so on. And i know it was so much fun :)

I recently reboot my router
And of course i set back according to my last wifi name and pass to prevent anything for my setup.
However after i set up router.
I lost those voice and act command.

With ihc scene apps
1. Yes. I m able to run all switches

With google apps
1. There is an answer from google. But no ir being transmitted out from broadlink

May i know what should i do?
I tried :
Delete broadlink connection in google home
Add in broadlink devices back
Create routine such as activate tv
Point action to broadlink scene activate tv
But all zero.

alex_harnozd

Reaction score
I have been recently having this problem. My broadlink rm3 kept getting disconnected from the network and resetting of broadlink will not reestablish the connection. Instead I had to reset my router and then broadlink gets connected again. Wonder whether my broadlink rm3 rosak already

May u should run hardreset then set it up again from the very start.

gluggy

Reaction score
By the way. Has anyone use home assisant open source with IFTTT in between google home and broadlink?

I have. But my setup is a little more complicated than that because I didn’t want to open Home Assistant up to the Internet. So the flow for my setup is:

Google Assistant -> IFTTT -> io.adafruit.com -> custom bridge -> Home Assistant

The custom bridge is something I wrote that subscribes to an MQTT topic on io.adafruit.com. When it sees messages come in on the topic, it triggers an action in Home Assistant via its REST API.

hAiZzZ86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone encounter any problem with Google home and Broadlink
For example I tried to off my tv.
Sometimes it will tell me that this mode isn't available.
But other times it's working.
So I'm not sure what's wrong. Is broadlink down sometimes?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.