Electric fan discussions - kdk and other brands

tqx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought a resale with an existing KDK fan which is functional , I find the room a bit dark as the fan got no lights, is it possible to mod the fan to add a light and if anyone got any contacts to do so?
U91soaZ.jpg

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
I bought a resale with an existing KDK fan which is functional , I find the room a bit dark as the fan got no lights, is it possible to mod the fan to add a light and if anyone got any contacts to do so?
U91soaZ.jpg
Saw someone did it on FB diy.

But I think it's better to just sell it away on carousell or something and buy another model with lights that suit your requirements.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U91soaZ.jpg
Bedroom?

taligence

Reaction score
I bought the Panasonic F-M12GCVBKH but can't get the app to work. The pblm is at the last stage of the setup the fan is unable to connect to the wifi router.

Anyone manage to resolve this?

TA200

Banned
Reaction score
possible to do this-- swap a hard button kdk fan into a soft button fan system?

the top part... dismantle from this
71aaQa64yUL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

and connect to this type of body
m40ks.png

Shahmatt

Reaction score
After cleaning pedestal fans some people say put a drop of Singer oil on the motor shaft and let it roll down towards the bearings. Will this legit help or is it just hoodoo?

hwsstx

Reaction score
After cleaning pedestal fans some people say put a drop of Singer oil on the motor shaft and let it roll down towards the bearings. Will this legit help or is it just hoodoo?
Here are some tips to make standing & table fans last longer.

So to help your fans last longer is to never take out the spindle cap & hence never take out the blades & back grill.

Only take out the front grill to wash in water. The blades & back grill use a damp cloth to wipe the dust away.

Repeatative removing out the back grill will also make the threads in the plastic washer holding it wear out, as it too gets heated & softened. Similarly the spindle cap gets heated via the spindle rod & will softened the threads of the cap till the cap can no longer screw onto the spindle.

Use a soft cloth (non abrasive) to wipe the front & back grills - abrasive material will wear out the paint & cause rust within. For me I just shower the front grill & use my hands to wipe it.

So finally if the threads of the cap can no longer tighten, use cable ties to replace the cap, like the pic below, to secure the blades in place.

Screenshot-2023-09-10-16-48-28-12-29b563cd0bc4fd07bd0c105b17b28204.jpg

I always have the believe that putting oil on the spindle threads will make the deterioration of the threads in the cap faster. I don't put oil on the spindle rod too as the heat from the motor makes the oil sticky on the rod.

Last edited:

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here are some tips to make standing & table fans last longer.

So to help your fans last longer is to never take out the spindle cap & hence never take out the blades & back grill.

Only take out the front grill to wash in water. The blades & back grill use a damp cloth to wipe the dust away.

Repeatative removing out the back grill will also make the threads in the plastic washer holding it wear out, as it too gets heated & softened. Similarly the spindle cap gets heated via the spindle rod & will softened the threads of the cap till the cap can no longer screw onto the spindle.

Use a soft cloth (non abrasive) to wipe the front & back grills - abrasive material will wear out the paint & cause rust within. For me I just shower the front grill & use my hands to wipe it.

So finally if the threads of the cap can no longer tighten, use cable ties to replace the cap, like the pic below, to secure the blades in place.

https://postimg.cc/9Rg7rRs8
I always have the believe that putting oil on the spindle threads will make the deterioration of the threads in the cap faster. I don't put oil on the spindle rod too as the heat from the motor makes the oil sticky on the rod.
The plastic caps are cheap to replace, order them from Panasonic directly and collect at their office.

NoTimeToWaitAr

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a 48" KDK ceiling fan installed directly above my bed.
When i'm standing beside my bed, i can only feel the wind blowing on my leg. Does anyone know why?

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a 48" KDK ceiling fan installed directly above my bed.
When i'm standing beside my bed, i can only feel the wind blowing on my leg. Does anyone know why?
because the wind pattern for KDK ceiling fans (and many other brands) is that it is a straight cylinder of airflow coming down, and when this airflow reaches the floor, it spreads horizontally outwards. so if you are not directly below the blade coverage area, you feel the floor-level horizontal spread of the airflow.

hwsstx

Reaction score
because the wind pattern for KDK ceiling fans (and many other brands) is that it is a straight cylinder of airflow coming down, and when this airflow reaches the floor, it spreads horizontally outwards. so if you are not directly below the blade coverage area, you feel the floor-level horizontal spread of the airflow.
Per your explanation, since he is beside the bed shouldn't the air flow be down to the top of the bed & not to his legs - that's his reasoning, I presume :)

Unless the air flow is slightly spread out, off to the side gracing over the walls & finally down to his legs?

NoTimeToWaitAr

Reaction score
i see.. ya it's down to my leg (or thigh area).

is there any brand that is not straight down airflow?

rznktoae

Reaction score
any recommendations for smart fans that has both remote and the option to control using wifi from phone?

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
KDK stand fan spindle got a slight front and back movement , what could be the issue?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.