(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

xtreme9621

Reaction score
Dude I'm also facing this problem. Found this company that carry LM seems like they offer maintenance packages, perhaps try calling them and report back here to benefit others like us:

Simplex
Service Hotline: 1800-SIMPLEX ( 1800-7467539 ) or call After-Office Hours: (65) 8198 2579

Guys, Does anyone know where to service self import la marzocco in singapore?

pulp_79sg

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

I'm been looking around for an espresso machine and need some views and advice.

1) I only drink black so I'm looking at a single boiler machine. If there is one that does not have the steam wand by default, even better!

2) I make 2 shots a day at max so ideally a tiny boiler is good so that I do not have to deal with stale water in the machine all the time. Since its a small boiler it would likely mean a smaller machine and that would be good for my tiny kitchen.

So far the Rancillo Silvia seems to fit my needs. Small and compact and hardy.

I'm also look at the Lelit Victoria because of it's PID and same footprint as the Silvia.

And I'm totally lusting for the Elektra Mirco Casa :s22: This one is a work of art and will replace my dining table...

So any tips, perspective or advice will be appreciated. Also, can anyone recommend legit online stores to buy my machine?

tyrtok

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

1) I only drink black so I'm looking at a single boiler machine. If there is one that does not have the steam wand by default, even better!

2) I make 2 shots a day at max so ideally a tiny boiler is good so that I do not have to deal with stale water in the machine all the time. Since its a small boiler it would likely mean a smaller machine and that would be good for my tiny kitchen.

I'm also look at the Lelit Victoria because of it's PID and same footprint as the Silvia.

And I'm totally lusting for the Elektra Mirco Casa :s22: This one is a work of art and will replace my dining table...

So any tips, perspective or advice will be appreciated. Also, can anyone recommend legit online stores to buy my machine?

drop by SCF and check the rocket. nt bad. got myself a sette

Last edited:

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
Hi Gurus,

seems you want small boiler. do not need to steam and would like to have a lever. why not try a strietman?

open boiler system. so its more temp stable than a silvia. Only downside is that it does not use a 58mm portafilter! Coffeeinaplace has it.

for silvia you have to master the temp surfing technique to get consistent shots. spinelli sells it.

Or maybe just wait for this thing to come out!

https://www.facebook.com/thenewtonespresso/

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks similar to aeropress, but with higher pressure + no paper filter. so i think crema produced will be higher.

Aeropress long ago steel filter and is sold by tiong hoe

KoHi-filter-package-front470.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kohilabs/kohi-labs-filter-for-the-aeropress-coffee-maker

chikyblink

Master Member
Reaction score
Kx6EoN4.jpg

Camel milk haha. Has a slightly salty, gamy flavour when cold. When heat up, the gamy flavour gets stronger.
Definitely doesn't pair well with coffee imo. Best to drink it cold.

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting. How is this different from Aeropress/ROK or other press from Kickstarter?

Hmmm interesting. How is this different from Aeropress/ROK or other press from Kickstarter?

aeropress doesnt make espresso maybe unless you get one of these..

http://fellowproducts.com/prismo/

I'm really tempted to get one but after failing massively with the minipresso, i'll wait for more reviews first..
not familiar with ROK but seems to be able to make an espresso type coffee

Only problem with the newton i guess is the temperature. I suppose will have to do alot of preheating to get it to a good temp. Similar to espresso forge or portapresso.

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
Kx6EoN4.jpg

Camel milk haha. Has a slightly salty, gamy flavour when cold. When heat up, the gamy flavour gets stronger.
Definitely doesn't pair well with coffee imo. Best to drink it cold.

woah where did you get camel milk? surely not from ntuc!

so far from all the milk i tried fresh full cream still works the best.

chikyblink

Master Member
Reaction score
woah where did you get camel milk? surely not from ntuc!

so far from all the milk i tried fresh full cream still works the best.

From Mustafa. $25 for 1 litre.:eek:
I also got Paul's goat milk. $13 for 1 litre, also from Mustafa. The camel's milk is expiring soon so I'm finishing that first, then try the goat milk.
The gamy taste is off-putting tbh when heated up. Tried with coffee and tea. Best to just drink it cold.

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I'm really tempted to get one but after failing massively with the minipresso, i'll wait for more reviews first..

Only problem with the newton i guess is the temperature. I suppose will have to do alot of preheating to get it to a good temp. Similar to espresso forge or portapresso.

Shipping is more then the product. :s13: Let me know if you are ordering. :)

sohzai

Reaction score
From Mustafa. $25 for 1 litre.:eek:
I also got Paul's goat milk. $13 for 1 litre, also from Mustafa. The camel's milk is expiring soon so I'm finishing that first, then try the goat milk.
The gamy taste is off-putting tbh when heated up. Tried with coffee and tea. Best to just drink it cold.

Also saw it recently when I was in Mustafa...was considering if I would like the taste...haha!

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The Prismo does looks like some kind of pressurized portafilter. Creating fake crema I guess?

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
The Prismo does looks like some kind of pressurized portafilter. Creating fake crema I guess?

Yes it pressurized by a valve instead of compacted grounds. So guess have to wait for review. If using fresh beans ground with the correct fineness, correct temp for water I don't see why the system can't produce good espresso

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.