(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Mason016

Reaction score
My decent espresso :D

xXPdELal.jpg

Reaction score
15ml is a ristretto.

If both sides come out 15ml, u have 30ml.
Means your latte is made with double ristretto! :o

Just flood the rest of your coffee cup with milk. Unless you are using a beer mug. :o

Ok I reduced to 13g as this Ethiopia is too sour for latte. I use milk about 100g today.

I need to refresh my milk frothing skills.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you see Ethopian, most of the time is sour cause the flowery notes are best articulated in a lighter roast. A lighter roast is more sour. Should be quite okay and ez to drink by an espresso itself.

Nowadays I just want to be fast and get my coffee done quickly.
I place my jug on my Strega's drip tray and let it do handsfree.

Like this :o

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The brew path picture has some errors which DE has yet to be corrected, there are only two pumps and the water tank does not get heated up.

Now that u mentioned it the steam does pulse slightly, but so far dun see much issues with it during steaming. There is no reseller in SG, DE does not plan to engage resellers instead going by direct purchase online, so any issues will go back to them directly. I had a very bad experience with resellers and manufacturers throwing the ball back at each other, so i guess direct selling is another plus point.

The main draw of this machine for me is the fast warm up time, cool chassis and temp stability, currently using a E61 hx,, the machine works well, but given the small tight kitchen we all have, the machine easily warms up the surrounding, making the coffee making experience less than ideal. If i on the fan and blow directly at myself my group head thermo readings go haywire..haha.

Why is your machine so hot on the chassis. I can put my hands on the Strega without hurting and don't feel the heat with my hands placed 2 inches away. :s11:

Can your cups still be warmed if the chassis feel cold?
The grouphead should be always hot so there shouldn't be much difference.
:o

I have the same qns as testerjp.
not seen a DE or work if a DE, is machine to heat up the surroundings so bad? our kitchen small, wouldn't cooking experience be worst thank making coffee? your HX deals with heat much better?

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

wook2000

Reaction score
I have the same qns as testerjp.
not seen a DE or work if a DE, is machine to heat up the surroundings so bad? our kitchen small, wouldn't cooking experience be worst thank making coffee? your HX deals with heat much better?

My previous machine is located in a corner of the kitchen with no air flow smack right to my cabinets, over time the the heat warms up the cabinets to. Most probably i attribute it to my boiler lack of insulation and the poor position of my machine, unfortunately i cannot move the machine anywhere else without incurring the wrath of the queen of the kitchen. :s13::s13:

If i make 1 or 2 cups its still ok, but if i leave the machine on for prolong period, the whole place becomes warm and stuffy. My cooking is done close out towards the window with airflow so not much a problem cooking.

The DE is very good in heat management, the group head is insulated and does not feel hot at all to touch. The machine is ready in less than 3 mins. I I can be done with my coffee making in less than 10mins from cold start to clean up before even the machine chassis warms up.

Unfortunately there is no cup warming tray, i just flush some hot water and let it sit awhile, works the same for me.

Reaction score
If you see Ethopian, most of the time is sour cause the flowery notes are best articulated in a lighter roast. A lighter roast is more sour. Should be quite okay and ez to drink by an espresso itself.

Nowadays I just want to be fast and get my coffee done quickly.
I place my jug on my Strega's drip tray and let it do handsfree.

Like this :o

I gotten the Ethiopian because that was what is available. I may get a blended ( chocolatey ) flavour the next time.

BTW, in the east, any roasters? If possible at Bedok/Marine Parade area.
THanks

wook2000

Reaction score
I posted about Santino Beans a few post back, worth checking them out, they got the traditional Italian Roast, dark and creamy style. Call them before going down as they are more towards commercial roasting, supplying to cafe and stuff, single purchase orders they have to prepare.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My previous machine is located in a corner of the kitchen with no air flow smack right to my cabinets, over time the the heat warms up the cabinets to. Most probably i attribute it to my boiler lack of insulation and the poor position of my machine, unfortunately i cannot move the machine anywhere else without incurring the wrath of the queen of the kitchen. :s13::s13:

If i make 1 or 2 cups its still ok, but if i leave the machine on for prolong period, the whole place becomes warm and stuffy. My cooking is done close out towards the window with airflow so not much a problem cooking.

The DE is very good in heat management, the group head is insulated and does not feel hot at all to touch. The machine is ready in less than 3 mins. I I can be done with my coffee making in less than 10mins from cold start to clean up before even the machine chassis warms up.

Unfortunately there is no cup warming tray, i just flush some hot water and let it sit awhile, works the same for me.

You bought a DE? What’s your review and experience on DE?

wook2000

Reaction score
You bought a DE? What’s your review and experience on DE?

So far have been enjoying it, its a very very different machine, makes you rethink the whole coffee making process. The real time charts and data given is out of this world.

Below is an experiment trying to mimick other machine. You can practically emulate any machine if you know the flow rate and pressure of the machine.

I was also emulating my rocket HX E61 previously side by side, using same grind settings, measuring my old machine flowrate and pressure. able to tune the DE1+ to output within a certain time parameter. Even taste wise was the same :s13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg1IC3uknQ4&t=8s

Last edited:

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
Do you use a bottomless portafilter? From what I gather the Linea Mini is quite unforgiving compared to your old Strega. No preinfusion, straight up to 9bars. I imagine any small misprep can be quite messy?

Smaller gicleur so the ramp up may not be as suddenly on the puck.

Lazy_Tiger

Reaction score
So far have been enjoying it, its a very very different machine, makes you rethink the whole coffee making process. The real time charts and data given is out of this world.

Below is an experiment trying to mimick other machine. You can practically emulate any machine if you know the flow rate and pressure of the machine.

I was also emulating my rocket HX E61 previously side by side, using same grind settings, measuring my old machine flowrate and pressure. able to tune the DE1+ to output within a certain time parameter. Even taste wise was the same :s13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg1IC3uknQ4&t=8s

Interesting. Able to PM how much you bought the DE. What bout build quality?

wook2000

Reaction score
Not yet, they still have a backlog to clear, once cleared they will open up for the next phase of orders.

I waited close to 1 year for my machine, but the next phase of order should be much faster as they already have the process and design in place already.

All warranty is settled with them directly.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not yet, they still have a backlog to clear, once cleared they will open up for the next phase of orders.

I waited close to 1 year for my machine, but the next phase of order should be much faster as they already have the process and design in place already.

All warranty is settled with them directly.

They ship out of Hong Kong? Service to HK?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.