HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Like Tree349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2018, 10:25 AM   #5026

You meant the Lelit Elizabeth PL92T Double Boiler?
wook2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #5027

Well I guess a heat exchanger is the best option for my need as I drink primarily milk based. However I donít know which ones are affordable and suitable enough for my needs. I like lelit because it has lcc so it can prompt me cos Iím a noob. I was also looking at the lelit Elizabeth but itís pretty expensive but it stops the shot automatically.
You should consider a La Pavoni lever machine. I have been using it for the past couple of years and honestly don't regret it.

I use it daily for my milk based coffee and it produces extremely good quality shots and pretty good milk, good enough to make latte art.

The learning curve of manual lever machines is a bit steep, but if you are just starting out with coffee, I feel that it forces you to learn how each variable affects extraction and taste.

You can hit me up if you wanna see some vids or wanna try out a La Pav
beebee_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #5028
High Supremacy Member

You meant the Lelit Elizabeth PL92T Double Boiler?
Yea this one. Any feedback?
tremor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #5029
High Supremacy Member

You should consider a La Pavoni lever machine. I have been using it for the past couple of years and honestly don't regret it.

I use it daily for my milk based coffee and it produces extremely good quality shots and pretty good milk, good enough to make latte art.

The learning curve of manual lever machines is a bit steep, but if you are just starting out with coffee, I feel that it forces you to learn how each variable affects extraction and taste.

You can hit me up if you wanna see some vids or wanna try out a La Pav
Wa lever machine?!? Itís like a big step up. I am trying to find something with electronic dosing or at least pid leh. I really damn noob. And hopefully I donít need to spend too much time each morning before I go to work.
Old 19-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #5030

Wa lever machine?!? Itís like a big step up. I am trying to find something with electronic dosing or at least pid leh. I really damn noob. And hopefully I donít need to spend too much time each morning before I go to work.
I started with a Delonghi Ec155. We all started as noobs as well, so don't worry. But if you're on a path to learn more about coffee, a lever machine is the best way to learn. Yes you're going to take a long ass time to learn, but when you do, learn it, you get a better understanding of the variables.

I don't take too much time in the morning as well. I on my machine, take a shower, and then make my coffee. The process takes less than 5 minutes from grinding to the pouring of the milk.
beebee_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #5031

if you are considering the lelit Elizabeth PL92T, at the price range of 2299, i would consider paying abit more for the Bianca; flow profiling, plump in option, rotary pump, adjustable reservoir (god sent if you have tight kitchen space), adjustable pump pressure. Alot alot more features for a slightly higher price point. Dave Corbey a very respectable UK reviewer was very impressed with the machine, especially the internals.
Old 19-09-2018, 09:54 PM   #5032
High Supremacy Member

if you are considering the lelit Elizabeth PL92T, at the price range of 2299, i would consider paying abit more for the Bianca; flow profiling, plump in option, rotary pump, adjustable reservoir (god sent if you have tight kitchen space), adjustable pump pressure. Alot alot more features for a slightly higher price point. Dave Corbey a very respectable UK reviewer was very impressed with the machine, especially the internals.
Bianca is not a bit more leh. Itís $800 more.

My original budget was around $1200.

I think maybe Iíll just stick with Dedica ec680 and make do with the pressurized basket lah.
Old 19-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #5033

I think maybe Iíll just stick with Dedica ec680 and make do with the pressurized basket lah.
ya i oso keeping to 680
but i using krups grinder - dont like scooping it out and waste a bit.
linusz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 05:26 AM   #5034
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bianca is not a bit more leh. It’s $800 more.

I think maybe I’ll just stick with Dedica ec680 and make do with the pressurized basket lah.
low budget and want duo boiler hard to achieve.
this is like a $1099 budget up for elizabeth, bianca is like $1800 up.
https://cowpressocoffee.sg/products/...-double-boiler

want small footprint, fast try decent but U must pay up. Someone love their alot.
https://decentespresso.com/dem_buy

try the Expobar Leva EB61 or Bezzera Unica for $1650-1700. its $500 more if not then stick with current, wait for it to break and spend the bigger $$. inflation what cost $1.6k maybe $2k few yrs from now.
http://www.finecoffeecompany.com/sho...bar-leva-eb61/

I've tried the Oscar, i find that it runs very hot, I was trying with an Ethiopian blend and the flowery notes are almost all burnt out.
IIRC the modified version which can run it slightly more stable and cooler is $15xx. But still there's no gauge that tells you the status of your brew or boiler pressure.

I suggest get another model unless your budget is really tight. E61 is imho more forgiving to use.
seem like alot of issues..
https://www.home-barista.com/espress...re-t47785.html
https://www.home-barista.com/espress...em-t46799.html

Last edited by patryn33; 20-09-2018 at 05:30 AM..
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #5035

Hard to get a fast warm up time and good machine at this price range, i would recommend upgrading the grinder first, my experience the grinder usually offer the best bang for buck upgrade.
Old 20-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #5036
High Supremacy Member

Hard to get a fast warm up time and good machine at this price range, i would recommend upgrading the grinder first, my experience the grinder usually offer the best bang for buck upgrade.
My machine now is pressurized basket. My grinder is overkill for it already.
Old 20-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #5037
High Supremacy Member

Maybe Iíll stick to my original choice. Get the Lelit Victoria. Only have to wait 1 min for the steam to come up to temp.
Old 20-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #5038
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe Iíll stick to my original choice. Get the Lelit Victoria. Only have to wait 1 min for the steam to come up to temp.
$1399 from cowpresso?
Knight_Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 02:19 PM   #5039
High Supremacy Member

$1399 from cowpresso?
Yea seems like a good choice for me though single boiler. Just wait for steam lor. I saw their demonstrations videos. And I timed the steam button. Takes 1 min to go to 135 degree and slightly more to go to 140.

If I got spare cash of cos I want double boiler. But I drink once a day in the morning only. And 1 cup only. Spend $3k doesnít seem to make a lot of sense for me.
Old 20-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #5040

U can consider getting a bottomless portafilter to go with your machine, helps alot when starting out and cleaning it is a breeze especially when you are in the rush.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.