HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

Like Tree349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2019, 05:13 PM   #5296
Master Member

For those doing Latte art, is Farmland the easiest to work with? Or are there even easier ones?
I notice a bit of difference between Farmhouse and Meiji but they should give you good results. Just aim for whole milk and not the low fat ones.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:49 PM   #5297

Any descaler for delonghi. Or substitute. Can use vinegar?

Posted from PCWX using ALP-L29
Anyone can advise?

linusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #5298
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone can advise?

Google not helping? Ang mo vinegar doesn’t apply?
Ie
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/delonghi-descaling-questions.349368/
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #5299

Google not helping? Ang mo vinegar doesn*********t apply?
Ie
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/delonghi-descaling-questions.349368/
Thanks. I read some say vinegar ok. Some not. So I thought I ask if got real experience.

Use lemon need to squeeze a quarter tank? Wow

Old 09-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #5300

Dun use vinegar. Get citric acid from phoon huat and dilute and mix accordingly..
wook2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:38 AM   #5301
Arch-Supremacy Member

Another fully automatic machine launch
https://www.terrakaffe.com/product/tk-01-w/

Last edited by patryn33; 10-02-2019 at 09:13 AM..
patryn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:32 AM   #5302

Dun use vinegar. Get citric acid from phoon huat and dilute and mix accordingly..
Thanks. Got the acid. Will mix 2 teaspoons

Old 12-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #5303

for those doing espresso and distributing coffee grounds on portafilter, do u guys use tools such as this one?

https://baristatechnology.com.au/pag...ributor-ocd-v2

I currently use a toothpick to stir it until it gets even, but it's time-consuming and makes a mess on my table. was thinking whether there's a taobao alternative that I can buy, or anything else that is as reliable or better than the OCD.
turboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #5304

Depends on your equipment, if you grinder is able to spit out clump free and fluffy grinds evenly across the portafilter, i would say using a distributor can help prepare the grounds for tamping easily. However if your grinder spit out clumpy grinds and unevenly across the basket, using a OCD will not help in anyway. You would still need to use a toothpick to break up the clumps and distribute them evenly. The OCD only distributes on the surface and it certainly does not help with the clumps.
wook2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 11:25 AM   #5305

Depends on your equipment, if you grinder is able to spit out clump free and fluffy grinds evenly across the portafilter, i would say using a distributor can help prepare the grounds for tamping easily. However if your grinder spit out clumpy grinds and unevenly across the basket, using a OCD will not help in anyway. You would still need to use a toothpick to break up the clumps and distribute them evenly. The OCD only distributes on the surface and it certainly does not help with the clumps.
Plus one. Socratic coffee did a test. Using OCD leads to lower extraction rates. OCD also did not reduce the variability of the extraction rate (consistency)

http://socraticcoffee.com/2016/12/examining-the-impact-of-the-ocd-on-total-dissolved-solids-extraction/

Assuming a more even puck leads to high extraction rates and better taste then using an ocd may not lead to a more even puck and better taste.
Lazy_Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #5306
Master Member

I always find a floating ant in my water tank. No matter how many times I emptied it, there's always an ant after 1-2 days. Any tips on how to get rid of this? There's no trail or anything sweet near the machine. Surprisingly, if I leave it for a week, the number of ants dont increase.
Old 15-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #5307

Me too .... exactly the same problem, also no solution at the moment

Those are real tiny ants, like to do a mass suicide on any pool of water left unattended ....

I always find a floating ant in my water tank. No matter how many times I emptied it, there's always an ant after 1-2 days. Any tips on how to get rid of this? There's no trail or anything sweet near the machine. Surprisingly, if I leave it for a week, the number of ants dont increase.
Triodeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 11:12 PM   #5308
Master Member

Me too .... exactly the same problem, also no solution at the moment

Those are real tiny ants, like to do a mass suicide on any pool of water left unattended ....
The thing is I have lots of booby traps and ant poison at the bottom. Doesn't seem to help. Unless the ant is tom cruise in mission impossible that enters from the top lol. Now that the ant ended up swimming, I might be the one getting poisoned slowly.
Old 16-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #5309

Which machine are u using? I'm using the gaggia classic and find it to be a critical flaw. Why leave the water tank unsealed and allow ants to go in?

Also looking for a solution to this, otherwise I have to take out the tank every few days for a good rinse..
turboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #5310
Master Member

Which machine are u using? I'm using the gaggia classic and find it to be a critical flaw. Why leave the water tank unsealed and allow ants to go in?

Also looking for a solution to this, otherwise I have to take out the tank every few days for a good rinse..
I'm using Strega. After a thorough cleaning around the machine, no more ants now.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.