HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Indoor Laundry System

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cc2mss5

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2019, 01:10 AM   #1

Indoor Laundry System

Planning to get an indoor laundry system such as Steigen. But not sure if it's useful and energy efficient. Anyone has a review on it? Like mayb comparing it with a traditional dryer machine.
Swiftyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

Dryer is more space occupying. If your side has no ventilation or Sunlight then maybe can consider one.
Iamafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #3

Dryer is suitable for indoor, Solar is more suitable for outdoor as the heat is not concealed. It may save space but because it requires hanging the clothes when being used it takes up more space while in use. If installed outdoor it means it will be affected by weather. Solar uses 0.72kW, while a typical 7kg Electrolux Vent Dryer will use 1.62kW.

Solar is more natural and doesn't give the clothes the dryer smell, have higher capacity, but takes longer to dry and affected by weather. A dryer can be used 24/7 (unless power disruption), you can choose the drying temperature & time settings. Solar is suitable for all clothes, not all clothes are suitable for dryer.

For Solar you will also need to hang each clothes manually. Dryer you just toss everything in push the button and let it spin. Solar you need to gather clothes when rain if located outdoor. Dryer leave them in for 1 week also no issue.

I think a Washer + Dyer combo would be the most convenient as some have function to auto dry after washing is complete. Takes up half the space compared to Washer + Dryer, though you should be able to stack a dryer above the washer.

Downside of Washer+Dyer would be they usually cost more, reliability and lower drying capacity.

Newer washers/combo also have steam/vapor wash for sensitive skin.
advocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 11:41 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies!

Mine will be a 4 room BTO and im afraid when there's bad weather condition, I'm unable to hang dry my clothes. So either way, the solar or dryer will suffice.

But wow, the solar system rly uses so much less power, seems like a big plus point as its cheaper in the long run. The solar system removes odor, which I think it's good as my dry fit clothes always tend to stink up after awhile.

But then again, solar system must manually put up. Not a big hassle though.

Not a fan of the washer + dryer combo as it tends to spoil easily.

Guess I might lean towards having a solar laundry system! Any recommendation for a reliable brand or company?
Swiftyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 01:27 AM   #5

polyester tend to attract bacteria growth more so even if you removed the odor it will come back in storage unless you keep your humidity really low.

my shirt does but not the nike shorts.

also consider where to put it since it is a heating source. laundry room if you have 1 or kitchen. will take up some space when in use. you can pull it back up after hanging the clothes but depend on your ceiling height clothes might still be within head height. aircon or portable dehumidifier will help absorb the humidity since you are installing it indoors unless you have good ventilation but that adds power consumption.

if you have plaster ceiling you will need a support beam anchored onto the concrete ceiling and secured to the plaster support as the plaster ceiling will not be able to hold the weight.

Last edited by advocado; 30-04-2019 at 01:30 AM..
advocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:08 AM   #6

Hmmm... I also thought of getting but mostly quite expensive leh
IAmZlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:39 PM   #7

Planning to get an indoor laundry system such as Steigen. But not sure if it's useful and energy efficient. Anyone has a review on it? Like mayb comparing it with a traditional dryer machine.
I gotten a similar from taobao. Will update once installed

Sent from Somewhere Out There using GAGT
cc2mss5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 08:21 PM   #8

Interested in steigen also.
porker997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2019, 01:51 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Buy dryer & stack on washer. If 2 in 1, later dryer component spoil the entire thing need to send for servicing. Not fun going to those coin operated laundries.
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 05:47 AM   #10

I gotten a similar from taobao. Will update once installed

Installed. Cost less than sgd350. From taobao

Old 25-05-2019, 06:48 AM   #11

Installed. Cost less than sgd350. From taobao

邦禾 电动晾衣架 阳台升降晒衣架 自动折叠晾衣杆 遥控智能挂衣架【包邮】
【在售价】599.00元
【下单链接】https://m.tb.cn/h.eWtQbq6
-----------------
复制这条信息,¥yANHYdpJOLw¥,到【手机淘宝】即可查看

Old 25-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wait for your review
micromousez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #13

Wait for your review
So far so good

I got the highest spec
- uv, warm air, cool air n led light

micromousez likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.