iRobot Scooba experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, time to pick yr brain and make teleportation a reality, that'll put an end to the shipping woes! :D

U can start by purchasing one Scooba from US first. Use it for a while and when there's a good offer, purchase another. Yr chances of a DOA is really slim, unless u purchase from someone with a poor reputation from Ebay or some shady sources.

I STILL HATE SHIPPING.

*anyone bringing in anything, can tong pang or not :p

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
btw there's a local website selling scooba 340 many pages back. :o

someone here had bought from them before, you can do a search on this thread. :o

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
mosmos, i think he was not asking about remanufactured models but if there's any one out there with a used model is willing to sell it to him. :)

Moregoodears, i really doubt so since many of us need an extra set to stand by. I'm also looking for a 2nd unit ...

:s22: i have a never use before remanufactured 5900.

I guess nobody wants this model. :s13:

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think ultimately you have to ask yourself what is your ROI? How much you willing to pay for it to work for how long? :)

Actually if you run it daily, i dun mind to just use it for 1 year. $450/365 = $1.23. It is able to pick up fine dust, so much more effective than magic clean :s22:

when ordering 2, just becareful total cost does not exceed sgd$400, else sg custom will charge you 7% gst.

Whether they pack 2 into 1 box or the size of box, it will depends on the sender, mostly you have no idea abt it until it reaches vpost/comgateway.

$400 thingy can be easily tricked lar. So far I never kena any GST although the stuff I bought is more than $400 :s22: except 1 single time which I made a wrong calculation :s22:

dankoo

Reaction score
Also do share with us what kind of flooring you have? Not recommended for laminated flooring although I am using it on mine with fan blowing to aid drying...

ckchua88

Reaction score
I have going thru the forums trying to understand how to ship one in, cannot use sg credit cards at irobot cos it needs US address for the credit card do not have google checkout, vpost cannot work since its for shipping add only. Ebay sellers have not responded yet to the cost of send a scooba and roomba, Any suggestions what to do next, Anyone who has shipped in scooba and roomba recently kndly advice. Most appreciated

Last edited:

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
ok la as long it doenst require shipping agent, any other agent also can la :D how much how mcuh

:o i chk my scooba 1st, the battery i have not charge since bought, not sure whether it's working.

sell you at time prices lor, got to check back credit card details + comgateway charges. :o

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont mean to pour cold water or anything, are u aware how much the chlorox is going to cost u? U want to air freight chlorox from US to Singapore??? :s22: I hope u r aware of the weight and size ...

no lah, since the great mosmos raise it, then ok la can consider maybe work out something

bloody, die die whatever clorox agent also cannot run away from shipping agent:s27:

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont mean to pour cold water or anything, are u aware how much the chlorox is going to cost u? U want to air freight chlorox from US to Singapore??? :s22: I hope u r aware of the weight and size ...

I tot singapore also got sell at NTUC mah... not the same meh? :s11:

EDIT: Oh wait, or is that bleach they are selling :D

sAxman_Returns

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have going thru the forums trying to understand how to ship one in, cannot use sg credit cards at irobot cos it needs US address for the credit card do not have google checkout, vpost cannot work since its for shipping add only. Ebay sellers have not responded yet to the cost of send a scooba and roomba, Any suggestions what to do next, Anyone who has shipped in scooba and roomba recently kndly advice. Most appreciated

as long as your ebay seller accept Singapore registered paypal, you will be fine :D then just change your address to the comgateway or borderlinx one will do, if not ask him to send to the courier address lor. no point shipping direct, it's going to cost you a big big bomb....:s22:

anybody still recall the battery recondition thingy for Roomba after 1st month use? is it 72hr charging after drying it through the dock option?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.