iRobot Scooba experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Dont bother. Been there done that... u are better off buying your batteries from US IMO.

Has anyone researched how much it would cost to build a battery in SG? How much would batteries cost in Sim Lim? I think so far most of us buy from the US rite?

finrodfl

Reaction score
Let's have a poll: How many roomba/scoobas do you have in your home?

I have 1 roomba and 1 scooba.

2 Roombas & 1 Scooba

BTW HSN has the 340+535 combo back in stock :D

Managed to pick a set for US 349.99 with the coupon code when it was selling for 399 two weeks ago

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi All..

My roomba swallowed a wire and jammed.. now its not working properly.. I did a diagnostic and found that the right bumper is always triggered so my roomba now always go in reverse :(

So sad.. notice when i knock the right bumper then it will always think that it is bumping into something then reverse.

Anybody know roughly what might cause it before i attempt to open it up?

hq83

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All..

My roomba swallowed a wire and jammed.. now its not working properly.. I did a diagnostic and found that the right bumper is always triggered so my roomba now always go in reverse :(

So sad.. notice when i knock the right bumper then it will always think that it is bumping into something then reverse.

Anybody know roughly what might cause it before i attempt to open it up?
mine also got this problem few months back
i just open up and clear all the dust i can see and re assemble back and everything work as usual again

Reaction score
mine also got this problem few months back
i just open up and clear all the dust i can see and re assemble back and everything work as usual again

Thanks, your were right, there was a lot of dust jammed inside. i think i will clean the internals more regularly from now on :)

Reaction score
Any Hello Kitty fan's here?
hellokttyRmba78.jpg

Hello Kitty Roomba all at a cost of $US810 limited edition :s22:

dankoo

Reaction score
Thanks, your were right, there was a lot of dust jammed inside. i think i will clean the internals more regularly from now on :)

I think you need to check the right sensor switch. It seems that it hit once and the switch is always activated. Maybe a faulty switch too...

Lionel

Reaction score
WTB vacuum bin

Hi all, not sure if there's anyone here who has a vacuum bin to sell me. The vacuum impellar for my 4150 is now generating a huge noise whenever I run it. :(

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Normal after some wear and tear (especially with the axle lubricant having dried up). Its not really that difficult to repair, i have done it for my Red before. There are some online instructions at Roomba review. Just follow them to disassemble the bin. Once inside, u'll find lots of dust built up. Clear the dust and get yourself a decent bottle of thin film lubricant (dont use WD40, dont last very long). Spray it into the axle of the impeller. Reassemble and u are good to go. Dont need to spend $$$ to get another Roomba.

Hi all, not sure if there's anyone here who has a vacuum bin to sell me. The vacuum impellar for my 4150 is now generating a huge noise whenever I run it. :(

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
1 week w/o a working Scooba is terrible...

Thankfully, my 2nd Scooba arrived today... along with a bunch of accessories and other stuff! :s12:

Big box!
2008_09200002.jpg

My 340
2008_09200001.jpg

Ultra high capacity 3600mAh Li-Ion Drop In Replacement Battery for Roomba Discovery from Victor
2008_09200005.jpg

ktee

Reaction score
Wow, your 340 looks so good! My 5800 is :(.

How much u pay for the battery? Mine is in ICU (72hr chg) now. If it wont survive, I will need to get 1 or 2 soon.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Whats wrong with your 5800?

I bought the battery almost 4 months back (sitting in US for some unforseen circumstances). Got it for around US$70+ inclusive of shipping within CONUS. Hope u have better luck with yr battery. How old was it?

Wow, your 340 looks so good! My 5800 is :(.

How much u pay for the battery? Mine is in ICU (72hr chg) now. If it wont survive, I will need to get 1 or 2 soon.

mechgold

Reaction score
2 Roombas & 1 Scooba

BTW HSN has the 340+535 combo back in stock :D

Managed to pick a set for US 349.99 with the coupon code when it was selling for 399 two weeks ago

Hi , I ordered mine the same way but for $399.99 recently but the order was canceled by HSN as they said overseas credit cards were not accepted. How do you work around this?

many thanks,

Richard

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Noticed the differences in my 340's maiden voyage as compared to my previous 350 ...

1) Its significantly quicker in the straights and criss crossing. Its also a little quicker when rotating. This results in more coverage area or less time required to cover the same area as my 350. I can actually use less water/detergent to cover the same area as before.

2) It also appears to be able to run longer. On my 350, even filling the clean tank to the brim, it will engage the dry mode at 40 mins. On this 340, at 45 mins, its still in the wet cycle.

3) There are less spots missed with the 340. With my 350 after a full cycle, there will be one or two spots which are missed during the dry cycle, hence the wet patches. With the 340, the result is more consistent and no noticeable wet patches after the full cycle.

4) Cosmetically, the tank is different between a 340 and a 350 from flaps to the design at the bottom.

5) Not sure if its due to wear and tear on my older 350, the 340 appears to be quieter too.

Overall, i'm pretty pleased with the 340's performance.

homedriver

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry because the thread is so long.
Can someone summarize:
- Which model is the most popular or recommended one?
- The price to get it online (where & how) and how much it sell it locally.
- How long will it deliver after place the order.

Thanks a lot first because heard a lot of friends' friends mention of how good is this robot, so want to find out more which to get and how.

ktee

Reaction score
Whats wrong with your 5800?

I bought the battery almost 4 months back (sitting in US for some unforseen circumstances). Got it for around US$70+ inclusive of shipping within CONUS. Hope u have better luck with yr battery. How old was it?

My 5800 is doing great. It is 'new', even my 380 (1 yr+) still doing ok. As for my roombas which work everyday non-stop for 1 yr - scheduled for 1 run at 8am every morning), i've got 2 roomba batteries in ICU. 1 confirmed RIP. Now, i onli hv 1 battery (remanufactured set :s31:, so cant guarantee to last as long) to power my 3 whites. :(

Need to get 2 batt liao. I tink i shall ask victor. Will he ship to SG? and how much is the cost and shipping charge? Any1 know? thks.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Victor wouldnt ship ex- CONUS. U can only get from either glo69 or Roombaexchange. They will ship to SG. U can email/PM for the price but bear in mind that they are only offering the 2550mAh Li-Ion.

My 5800 is doing great. It is 'new', even my 380 (1 yr+) still doing ok. As for my roombas which work everyday non-stop for 1 yr - scheduled for 1 run at 8am every morning), i've got 2 roomba batteries in ICU. 1 confirmed RIP. Now, i onli hv 1 battery (remanufactured set :s31:, so cant guarantee to last as long) to power my 3 whites. :(

Need to get 2 batt liao. I tink i shall ask victor. Will he ship to SG? and how much is the cost and shipping charge? Any1 know? thks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.