HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Issue with a furniture company

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2020, 09:06 AM   #1
Master Member

Issue with a furniture company

Keeping it short, bought a sofa and found out that it is the exact displayset that I saw when I was in the showroom.

I had previously taken picture of the sofa in the showroom and this is a top grain leather sofa thus the grain patterns are very specific.

Went there to collect the sofa and found that the display set was gone and was informed it was "sold".

Went home after a few days and found that the flaws of the sofa, patterns and grains matched entirely as the display set in the showroom where potential customers have been sitting on it. I can prove with pictures.

My question is, can I log a case with CASE as I have purchased a brand new sofa but instead received a displayset?
jnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:54 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

A few qns:

1) Did they specify give you a brand new set from warehouse?
2) Was there any nego to the price during transaction?
3) If its a genuine top grain leather as you mentioned, its very difficult to pass off a display set as NEW as the leather stretches etc. Do you have pictures of it that you can share here?
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sometimes designer shops only have one piece of each furniture. Once u buy it, it is sold. Unless u ask if it is specially build another set
NoLogicLah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
Master Member

A few qns:

1) Did they specify give you a brand new set from warehouse?
2) Was there any nego to the price during transaction?
3) If its a genuine top grain leather as you mentioned, its very difficult to pass off a display set as NEW as the leather stretches etc. Do you have pictures of it that you can share here?
1) yes because at the time of order, they have ready stocks. But I only need the sofa at the end of the month. Yes they specify I will received a brand new set.

2) no nego on pricing but given a free ottoman as per their previous promo that was over, but they gave it to me.

3) yes the leather has some stretch marks. Currently not at a pc/laptop to upload pics but I can guarantee it's the same display set I saw in the showroom. When I collect the sofa after a month by heading to the showroom/warehouse, the display set is no longer displayed. I didn't have any suspicion then at all. Collected the sofa and brought home but didnt stayed in my unit to check the sofa. After few days later when I am back to the unit, saw some flaws on it. It's a L shape recliner and the adjustable headrest when its flat down has a do re mi height difference, so I compare pics with the sofa that i took pics a month earlier at the showroom to see if it's the design or just a flaw in workmanship. To my surprise, the picture I took a month ago of the display set has that same do re mi effect. Then the thought of during the collection, the display set was gone, so I start to get suspicious. I check the grains on the sofa...and..sian..its confirm I was given the display set. Matching grains/pattern at specific areas when I compare the pics and the sofa in my unit.

So yea...the coincidences or excuses the saleslady say that" oh the display set is sold, that's why no longer there" is a blatant lie la. Do sales must have basic ethics. If only I collected a month earlier , then I was guaranteed a new set sitting in the warehouse..I collected a month later so guess other customers have bought them and left the display set so they took it out for my collection. What I hate is the way they handle it by lying straight out of their teeth.

So I paid full price for a displayset that was being used and sat on by countless of customers. I paid full price for a new set not a display set and i have picture evidence. If I log a CASE complaint, will it help?

Last edited by jnashville; 05-01-2020 at 12:08 AM..
Old 05-01-2020, 08:43 AM   #5
Supremacy Member

Maybe u confront them first before deciding to go to case?
MaoZeDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:10 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Technically speaking, they didn’t lie la. It was indeed sold, albeit its to you.
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:06 AM   #7
Master Member

Technically speaking, they didnít lie la. It was indeed sold, albeit its to you.
Still lying la haha..
Old 06-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Plz SIC the furniture store for future avoidance.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.