HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

KDK ceiling fan users pls come in

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

KDK ceiling fan users pls come in

I recently bought a few KDK M11SU ceiling fans. I noticed that even though I lower the speed to 1, whenever I turn off the fan and turn it on again, it reverts back to speed 2. Happens to all of my M11SU fans.

I downloaded the manual but there's no mention about how to either change the default speed or how to prevent it from reverting to default speed. Anyone tried and had any success?
derrickgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
High Supremacy Member

i have the same problem, live with it lor.

kdk guys recommend to OFF the fan using the remote, not just by switching off from the wall switch. To prolong the lifespan of kdk fans.
snipfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

i have the same problem, live with it lor.

kdk guys recommend to OFF the fan using the remote, not just by switching off from the wall switch. To prolong the lifespan of kdk fans.
Huh? How does switching off from remote prolong lifespan and how does switching off from wall switch shorten it?
Old 17-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

the kdk guy explained to me - comparing it like switching off your computer from the wall switch instead of shutting it down via windows. your computer will up lorry very fast.
Old 18-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #5

I bought my ceiling fan from E home Services.
They recommend switching off using remote too.
chanel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Could it be the same concept as a TV remote? That is you turn off via remote its actually on standby mode which uses little power as opposed to turn off at the mains where it totally doesn't use any power.
Old 18-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
High Supremacy Member

too much electronics chips nowadays.....
Old 30-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #8

Sadly ... i am an unfortunate owner of 5 KDK ceiling fans of the predecessor model (A11YS).

I must say they are truly disappointing, especially when they are such a reputed brand. After 5years of usage, only 1 survived. All 4 others failed because of the electronics. 1 have since been replaced last year because it either doesnt spin, or it can only operate at speed 3. We depended on this for our dining area. While we just continue to use the 3 other faulty ones (2 just stay at speed 2 and 1 stays at speed 1, unable to respond to remote's speed control). The main cause of failure is always the electronics (speed controller).

These days, most appliances fail because of poor electronics. All those inverter circuits, smart technologies in the end are good for marketing and selling the products. It is usually these features that fail first.

It does not matter if you turn off by switch or remote control, the electronics will still fail after a few years. The first unit that failed, after about 3yrs, was usually turned off by remote. But it is in the living area and hence the usage is expectedly higher. Now we live with it default speed at 2.

For the unit that was replaced, I took the calculated risk of opting for the KDK M11SU, mainly because I want to ensure that I do not need to re-drill holes to fit a different mounting bracket. At least KDK did not change the screw hole positioning for mounting bracket between the 2 models. 1yr+ now. Still cannot say it has any improvements over the previous. But I do find it a little noisier. I have total faith in KDK fan motors, but none whatsoever in their electronics.
AlpineEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #9

I have experienced a lot more than that I have purchased all my ceiling fans from KDK and with 2 years time i have to replace them as almost all of them were making noise and some of them even stop working completely.
Cathrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

sianz, my kdk fan starting to have these symptoms too.
Old 24-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #11

Den what other brands are recommended?
kwon33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fanco r ok with me, after 5 yrs of usage 2/4 of my fanco need to replace the capacitors.
luei74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:12 PM   #13

I am facing the same problem. My fan lasted less than 3 years and now spins only at speed 1. Cannot change speed or set the timer. Thought of sending it for service but thought might make more sense to replace a new one. Definitely not KDK this time though I still like the design very much. I own other KDK stand fans and must say they are nothing compared to the heavy, metal ones my grandma had!
Blackpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:47 AM   #14
Master Member

Same here. Initially bought fanco but died after 3yrs. So buy a kdk since my in law ones have been it going strong for the last 10yrs. Old model are good but my new kdk started having humming sound after 2yrz. Call up kdk, they say installation not guaranteed. Totally disappointed in their product and service.
gentoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #15

Looking for KD A11YS & K15Y6 Ceilling Fan remote control

Hi there,

I am looking for KD A11YS & K15Y6 Ceiling Fan remote control.

One each.

DO let me know if anyone letting go or for sales.

kent_chong01@yahoo.com

Thanks!
jnkclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.