HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LightTrack Bulb

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2020, 11:02 PM   #1

LightTrack Bulb

Hi,been reading thru and canít seem ti find the answer needed.Can someone show me guidance as i want to do LightTracks for Living Room for a 5rm Resale Flat 110sqm.What kind of TrackLight bulb is bright enough to lighten up the room.Thinking of using the GU10 Bulb 7w Tri-Tone,will it be bright enough?

Appreciate any advices🙏🏼🙏🏼
AzyLazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

From online :

Multiply the area in square feet by foot candle needed.

e.g living room 300 sq feet x 15 foot candles -> 4500 lumens

Assuming ur GU10 7W LED outputs about 500 lumens , probably need around 9+ bulbs.

But track with spot lights can create harsh spots and dark and bright areas for living room erh. Unless ceiling very high.

My ID ran a track light with 5 bulbs along a corridor it was so bright until i usually just turned it off ( but there are many dimmeable GU10 options, Philips Hue is one, but Hue tends to be slightly dimmer than their non-smart counterparts so need to check up on the lumen output )
RyanJosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Master Member

The main advantage of track lighting is the flexibility to add or reduce bulbs to create that perfect ambience.

Everyone got different perception of how bright a living room shd be, thus no model answer. A cleaner would like it bright while a romantic couple prefers no glare.

If u are using smart colored bulbs, max is ard 8.5W, and colored light produce much less light than white bulbs. I prefer best benki level of lighting which will need 12w every 5 feet.

Also, i prefer use E27 holder, not GU10, as E27 gives more bulb options such as higher wattage up to 15watt.
yoongf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #4

Hi,been reading thru and canít seem ti find the answer needed.Can someone show me guidance as i want to do LightTracks for Living Room for a 5rm Resale Flat 110sqm.What kind of TrackLight bulb is bright enough to lighten up the room.Thinking of using the GU10 Bulb 7w Tri-Tone,will it be bright enough?

Appreciate any advices🙏🏼🙏🏼
There are sites for calculating lumens:
https://ledstuff.co.nz/calculators

But more important, you will need to work out what the lights are for:
Task lighting
Ambience / accent
Rooming lighting in general

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020...tup-22020.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.