Mattress - which brand / types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epigram

Reaction score
looking to buy mattress for new home. so many brands/types. if i already have a bed frame and i want pocketed spring mattress, what brands to consider that is good value?

sid4iwpa

Reaction score
epigram said:
looking to buy mattress for new home. so many brands/types. if i already have a bed frame and i want pocketed spring mattress, what brands to consider that is good value?

jus sharing with you my experience of choosing mattress :

a few years back, i bought a slumberland 3 ft mattress. it was near to $1000!!! consider quite ex for a 3 ft mattress. the reason why it was so expensive was because the number of pocketed springs are many.

actually, got cheaper ones, but the number of pocketed springs inside the mattress not so many. its got dustmines resistantance, approx 10 years warranty etc..

but too bad, i was used to sleeeping on queen size and found the new 3 ft mattress i bought quite small. a few flips and i nearly slip down a few times in the nite. its hard alrite, which is good for my aching back, but too hard due the extra support given by the many many many pocketed springs.

previously, my queen size bed is dunoplli (sorry, wrong spelling) but i think u know which brand i referring to. it was not a pocketed spring mattress and hence, not so hard. in the end, i can't get use to it, so eventually i bought a $300 plus cheap skate -not-so hard king koil brand queen size mattress.

morale of the story :

if the mattress you currently using serves u well, when considering buying a new mattress for your new home, try buy back the same brand, same size, and same hardness. then u will hv no regrets.

jus my 2 cents.

swliew23

Reaction score
Good news for you, now takashimaya having sales go for the brand (which I think is good):

1) Simmons (I just bought one but not from Taka sales, is from Robinson sales last month) go for the Backcare (DO NOT DISTURB) type. A lot of 5 stars hotel and resorts use Simmons.

2) Serta (a lot of designer choices) quite ex i think..

3) Sealy (Ex Stuff also) but now got sales ma.....

4) King Koil????????

5) 4 star???????????????

Fella

Master Member
Reaction score
What my wife and I did 2 months ago was to visit Courts and Metro and physically tried out practically all the mattresses they have. We have a set ourselves a budget of S$1k to narrow down the number of choices. In the end we took a Dunlopillo. Personally I will recommend King Koil, Dunlopillo, Sea Horse, Four Star and Slumberland, in that order. I do believe that there's a mattress center or something around (saw from TV advert), you may wanna check it out.

epigram

Reaction score
Fella said:
What my wife and I did 2 months ago was to visit Courts and Metro and physically tried out practically all the mattresses they have. We have a set ourselves a budget of S$1k to narrow down the number of choices. In the end we took a Dunlopillo. Personally I will recommend King Koil, Dunlopillo, Sea Horse, Four Star and Slumberland, in that order. I do believe that there's a mattress center or something around (saw from TV advert), you may wanna check it out.

that's what we did as well - try out mattresses. we also took a Dunlopillo that was on 50% sale. great value - $800 after discount.

Fella

Master Member
Reaction score
We got a Queen Duchess with Latex Pillow Top as well. Together with Sime Bolster, x2 Pillow Pad, a Neckcare Pillow, a Sime Pillow and a Queen Mattress Pad; everything set us back S$986.9.

epigram

Reaction score
wow... quite a lot of freebies thrown in. all i got was White Cloud pillow x2 and Queen Mattress Pad.

Fella

Master Member
Reaction score
No no... we only got the mattress pad and 2 normal pillows as freebies... we took the mattress pad and exchange the 2 normal pillows and top up cash for the rest. :)

aCidz

Reaction score
Fella, where did you get your Dunlopillo Duchess from? The best I found was $999.

aiweina

Reaction score
tempur.... very welcoming mattress...you sink in and v shiok... dun feel warm one

Fella

Master Member
Reaction score
aCidz said:
Fella, where did you get your Dunlopillo Duchess from? The best I found was $999.

We got from Metro Century Square in Tampines. There was some sort of promotion on at that time. Can't remember exactly it's Dunlopillo's promotion or Metro's promotion. =:p

shark78

Reaction score
Anybody have an idea of the Dunlopillo limited warranty?? how in their options they allow you to exchange??? how come a business warraty us the bed for ten years - can't make money .......... any idea?????

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aiweina said:
tempur.... very welcoming mattress...you sink in and v shiok... dun feel warm one

If u like Tempur, u should try Omazz U'll feel like heaven, but the pricing also high like heaven...their top range cost 10 odd k. But when u lie on it, it feels super plush, yet the support is fantastic.

For me, I ordered a Lotus.....feeling abit lose Omazz, but prices friendlier .

devilish_me

Reaction score
i like dunlopillo mattresses...i prefer my mattress to be quite firm yet not hard like i.e. kingkoil/seahorse. the only thing i miss whenever i travel is my dunlopillo mattress...

faisu7680

Reaction score
I saw one King Koil mattress which is super heavenly smooth and soft and firm and well..dunno what else to describe..it's the vilco spring type..but the prices arh...wohh..gotta think twice if me really want to buy it... :p

yellowduck

Reaction score
shark78 said:
Anybody have an idea of the Dunlopillo limited warranty?? how in their options they allow you to exchange??? how come a business warraty us the bed for ten years - can't make money .......... any idea?????

well, so far, i have never heard of people claiming on mattress, not from my polls of friends, relative....

even i dont think i will bother to claim after 5+yrs of usage... i will IF their pocket spring of stuff like that spolit when it's new but so far, never heard of any spoilt case at all...

ask urself, after sleeping on your current mattrress for so long and let's say u r moving house or stuff like that, will u bother to dig back the warranty card (IF u still have it in the first place..).. i dare to say, 99.99999% of people will go out there and buy a new and better one... :D

F34r

Reaction score
I'm looking for a pillow. my current one has been giving me headaches and makes me toss/turn when I sleep.

Does anyone know how much does a standard tempur/omazz pillow cost? where can i find omazz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.