Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

cyrusw

Reaction score
u got compare with the range found on Mylatex's website?
http://myaerofoam.com/en/collections/mylatex/

Any pic or model name for those models you saw at the booth?
The booth by Mylatex or just resellers?

Too bad, Mylatex don't reply emails but you can try your luck emailing them.
Mylatex is cheap in Malaysia too.

http://www.bellodesign.com.my/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2754
This is the costa which has coconut fibre.
i didn't compare the models though..But the models don't seem the same. They claimed to be the distributor but doing only the export set. They got their stuff from Mylatex in Malaysia. The sales told me that it is not possible that Mylatex Carson comes with pure latex due to the low price. I am wondering..what the heck. She is attacking her own brand.

sseah12

Reaction score
i didn't compare the models though..But the models don't seem the same. They claimed to be the distributor but doing only the export set. They got their stuff from Mylatex in Malaysia. The sales told me that it is not possible that Mylatex Carson comes with pure latex due to the low price. I am wondering..what the heck. She is attacking her own brand.

Wah, then noa single mattress 500+ still can 100% latex top? Anyone tried noa mattress here? Free 100days..

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Carson not featured on official website so can't tell. But Tara range is featured, labelled as natural full latex and also nicely priced for a full latex leh.

Alvin_the_chipmunk

Reaction score
Here is the truth from someone who had help to expand the business of a mattress company in Singapore not Long ago.

Prices of mattress varies widely depending on the brand and the comfort level you are choosing for yourself. While most reputable brand such as the 3 S, sealy, Simmons or Setta’s mattress may range up to 20k, its only because of the materials that they had used within the TOP few layers of the mattress I.e the pillow TOP of the mattress.

Those USA companies usually buys from some of the best fabric manufacturers in the world, the prints you usually find on the mattress are usually also exclusive to those Brand designed by their designers. While there are also different specifications and density of foams, the more reputable Brand uses better quality than most Asian Brand’s which usually gives less indentation after sleeping for a period of time.

Most salesman will usually bull sheet* you and convince you that the mattress comes with natural latex, those latex are usually less than 1cm thick and most of the time Asian latex that is less superior than Europe latex. A full latex mattress will cost easily in the range of 4000 or more for queen size and the easiest way to tell if it’s full latex is to lift the mattress up which easily weights in the range of 120kg for queen size. Otherwise it’s just a hybrid which means the top layer is latex while the rest is high density foam which gives the feel and supports. A full latex mattress will last you forever as they retention to its original form is the best as compared to foams.

In summary ... buying a mattress is as good as buying a car

Your cash determines quality of mattress you can get which usually translates into your quality of sleep and lifespan of your mattress.
Your ego determines the brand you may get to perhaps boost around telling others you bought a Super ex mattress.

Buy a mattress that you feel comfortable and within your Budget. Best to get from reputable Brand and look out for promotions. Even shopping in courts or Harvey Norman allows you to ask for more discount as Long as you know how to bargain and be patient in your purchase. If not fight for freebies such as free bed frame, memory foam pillows and good mattress protectors to cushion your purchase.

Expo organisers don’t bother about checking on the credibility of their exhibitors so end of the day if the mattress is not delivered, problems arises in the mattress after some time and the company changed ownership, relocated or closed down, you only have yourself to blame in the first place.

I had seen many companies especially in expo always collecting deposits or payments then disappear. The sales person are usually free lance and won’t take ownership of the problems. Some cases were also reported in the papers if you bother to check their company background

Last edited:

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here is the truth from someone who had help to expand the business of a mattress company in Singapore not Long ago.

Prices of mattress varies widely depending on the brand and the comfort level you are choosing for yourself. While most reputable brand such as the 3 S, sealy, Simmons or Setta’s mattress may range up to 20k, its only because of the materials that they had used within the TOP few layers of the mattress I.e the pillow TOP of the mattress.

Those USA companies usually buys from some of the best fabric manufacturers in the world, the prints you usually find on the mattress are usually also exclusive to those Brand designed by their designers. While there are also different specifications and density of foams, the more reputable Brand uses better quality than most Asian Brand’s which usually gives less indentation after sleeping for a period of time.

Most salesman will usually bull sheet* you and convince you that the mattress comes with natural latex, those latex are usually less than 1cm thick and most of the time Asian latex that is less superior than Europe latex. A full latex mattress will cost easily in the range of 4000 or more for queen size and the easiest way to tell if it’s full latex is to lift the mattress up which easily weights in the range of 120kg for queen size. Otherwise it’s just a hybrid which means the top layer is latex while the rest is high density foam which gives the feel and supports. A full latex mattress will last you forever as they retention to its original form is the best as compared to foams.

In summary ... buying a mattress is as good as buying a car

Your cash determines quality of mattress you can get which usually translates into your quality of sleep and lifespan of your mattress.
Your ego determines the brand you may get to perhaps boost around telling others you bought a Super ex mattress.

Buy a mattress that you feel comfortable and within your Budget. Best to get from reputable Brand and look out for promotions. Even shopping in courts or Harvey Norman allows you to ask for more discount as Long as you know how to bargain and be patient in your purchase. If not fight for freebies such as free bed frame, memory foam pillows and good mattress protectors to cushion your purchase.

Expo organisers don’t bother about checking on the credibility of their exhibitors so end of the day if the mattress is not delivered, problems arises in the mattress after some time and the company changed ownership, relocated or closed down, you only have yourself to blame in the first place.

I had seen many companies especially in expo always collecting deposits or payments then disappear. The sales person are usually free lance and won’t take ownership of the problems. Some cases were also reported in the papers if you bother to check their company background

A lot of supporters here for non S brand mattresses leh. What is yr view

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tempur foam mattress. very nice for side sleeper like me, but gets warm easily if room is not air conditioned

kaizren

Reaction score
I was so tempted by it today! Tried tempur and it was really comfy! But thanks ryanjosie for the tip off about the warmth ...

sseah12

Reaction score
Anyone looking to buy serta perfect sleeper can pm me also.. Looking to get a single - either shoreline / grand deluxe model. Thx

totochan

Reaction score
Anyone ever bought a full latex bed from Sofzsleep? Can share review whether this brand is good?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.